Running with Noobs

And anyway, how will you fool a system that checks your main stat and endurance? That's all that is needed to gauge your gear progression.

So in order to pass the gear check on my tank I'll use the 56 DPS armours I've been unlucky enough to have drop, rather than the 51 tanking armour (with the armourings of the DPS armour transferred) I currently use? Especially with Def/Abs/Shld augments coming with Power rather than Endurance, a well geared (ie high mitigation to reduce healer's workload - endurance is for spike/elemental/internal damage) tank may well have much lower endurance than they would have if they stacked main stat and endurance.

There are decisions to be made, got a Columi earpiece drop yesterday, considered replacing my purple crafted one. Would have given a lot more main stat and endurance, upping my HP by 400 (around 2%), but would also have reduced my defence chance nearly 2%, and my absorb 2%. Overall I'd take the same time to go down, do a bit less damage, and require the healer to heal me more. Not a good move for a tank, in my opinion, but would make me look better equipped to your proposed gear check !

In most of the HM's you need strategy and awareness, not gear. This is as it should be. The trouble with fixating on gear is you get groups like the one I had last night (very nice people, and I had fun, though). Two friends, both Commando's, one of whom was highly geared and good. The other was less geared and less experienced, and often hit the floor during the early stages of boss fights, but we got through it. They got all the Commando loot, as the geared one was passing. Now, it may be that they learn well and become great, or they may not learn, and carry on being carried to great gear. A gear check would not distinguish.

Edited by Darzil

Hello,

Heres a different experiance for all of you crying about people that dont know what their doing. Yesturday I ran my first HM with a 2nd tank who it was his as well. We also had a healer who never ran an ops before period. We were undergeared.

We did not wipe once. Did both KP and EV on HM with out a wipe.

How did this happen? We talked. All 8 of us talked and helped each other. For those of you crying about group finder...put a group together the old fashion way, get in voice chat and help each other.

Toodles

yeah that's awesome and stuff. Can't wait to explain everything anytime I join a groupfinder. And every lazy sucker can get a free explanation while some people take their time and prepare reading a guide. EV und Karagga are exremely easy. Try that in Denova and you do GET a couple of wipes because somebody doesn't get it.

It is a matter of common sense and respect that you prepare for a certain content before jumping in with a rnd group. You can do a blind run with a pug on easy fps and ops without a problem. But you should check when the content gets harder and do your homework.

Edited by Geryboy

I always watch a vid of bosses before going into a new Ops, but not for Hard Mode FPs.

That said I have to say I'm impressed with the manner and patience of most people in this game.

it's very encouraging for new players, I hope it never deteriorates.

Makes for a good community. <3

I don't mind running with people that are new to FM we all have been there. but what i do mind is when a lvl 50 merc has a total of 11.5k health and when asked to leave tells you to eff off.

these things have been out there for months now and with 3rd party sites and a paper guide you can buy there should be no reason why people are jumping in with minimum gear. ( armor rating of 124).

do your dailies ( 56 daily coms will get you a full set of armor) talk to a cyberteck to make you armor mods.

but when you have green armor and your highest piece is a lvl 45 non modded one, you need to sit back.

also I don't care what others think there is a reason there is PVP armor and PVE armor. recuit gear doesn't cut it. ok mabefor BT or boarding party but nothing else, and secpecially not LI. and yes I have both rakata gear and BM gear. you wuoldn't wear your comuli/rakata gear in a WZ why would you wear your pvp gear in a FP.

also if people are under geared or don't know the fights run the reg mode FP to get gear, they changed it and it does drop decent stuff, plus you get 5 daily comms.

I don't mind running with people that are new to FM we all have been there. but what i do mind is when a lvl 50 merc has a total of 11.5k health and when asked to leave tells you to eff off.

these things have been out there for months now and with 3rd party sites and a paper guide you can buy there should be no reason why people are jumping in with minimum gear. ( armor rating of 124).

do your dailies ( 56 daily coms will get you a full set of armor) talk to a cyberteck to make you armor mods.

but when you have green armor and your highest piece is a lvl 45 non modded one, you need to sit back.

also I don't care what others think there is a reason there is PVP armor and PVE armor. recuit gear doesn't cut it. ok mabefor BT or boarding party but nothing else, and secpecially not LI. and yes I have both rakata gear and BM gear. you wuoldn't wear your comuli/rakata gear in a WZ why would you wear your pvp gear in a FP.

also if people are under geared or don't know the fights run the reg mode FP to get gear, they changed it and it does drop decent stuff, plus you get 5 daily comms.

Recruit gear is the bare minimium I expect to see someone to run in HM FP's (With the exception for LI, but that's why it is in its own category!) You are correct in that there is no reason to be running in level 45 stuff. There are no HM FP's were recruit is not enough though, unless your doing something seriously wrong. And to expect people to have better gear than that when the whole point of HM FP is to gear up with columni stuff is... well it's horrible for the community and completely BS.