Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The joke that is CC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The joke that is CC

-Arcane-'s Avatar


-Arcane-
12.18.2011 , 09:46 PM | #1
CC is totally broken.


Unlimited spam no Dimishing Returns make ranged CC classes totally overpowered.


Discuss:
Arcane Nerdherder - GM of Glory Guild on Niman
PvE Completion 10/10 Nightmare 16man - Videos


Gone to Play Diablo III, SWTOR failed.

ZxeroEnna's Avatar


ZxeroEnna
12.18.2011 , 09:54 PM | #2
It has a 60 second cooldown?

/thread

wjrasmussen's Avatar


wjrasmussen
12.18.2011 , 09:56 PM | #3
My brother complains about CC in pvp too. Then again, he needs to grow a set.
A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault. ~John Henry Newman

Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten.

aspectsofwar's Avatar


aspectsofwar
12.18.2011 , 09:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ZxeroEnna View Post
It has a 60 second cooldown?

/thread
Thank you.
Atrocious - Operative of THE FATMAN - US PvP East
WOW GLADIATOR X4

dougan's Avatar


dougan
12.18.2011 , 10:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Arcane- View Post
CC is totally broken.


Unlimited spam no Dimishing Returns make ranged CC classes totally overpowered.


Discuss:
I was gonna call you a noob then i saw how pro you are cuz your sig.
Dougan

zPeanutz's Avatar


zPeanutz
12.18.2011 , 10:01 PM | #6
CC is annoying but necessary. I'm pretty sure the healers, later in levels, get a dispel to help out as well as your escape ability, and resolve.

Now with that said, I'm not convinced that resolve isn't working properly. I've watched it tick down WHILE I was I in a CC.

Bobbeh_Cgly's Avatar


Bobbeh_Cgly
12.18.2011 , 10:04 PM | #7
love the ranged cc classes calling man a noob cause he says they are broken.

my only thing would be give the local "dispel" ability a short window of existance. currently when you pop it you break all cc but then someone immediately cc's you again... so basically pointless if it had say a 6 second timer where you couldnt be cc'd or 2 seconds even it would allow people the chance to escape if played well but not over powered that they escape every time

Hydrott's Avatar


Hydrott
12.18.2011 , 10:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobbeh_Cgly View Post
love the ranged cc classes calling man a noob cause he says they are broken.

my only thing would be give the local "dispel" ability a short window of existance. currently when you pop it you break all cc but then someone immediately cc's you again... so basically pointless if it had say a 6 second timer where you couldnt be cc'd or 2 seconds even it would allow people the chance to escape if played well but not over powered that they escape every time
Then you shouldve timed it right and payed more attention to others around you.
Play life and live games.

Bobbeh_Cgly's Avatar


Bobbeh_Cgly
12.18.2011 , 10:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hydrott View Post
Then you shouldve timed it right and payed more attention to others around you.
oh shut your pie hole, each class has multiple cc's that each can be used back to back if you have more than 3 on you that means theres multiple cylces of multiple slows, knocks, subdues, sleeps and stuns that will be used. now if im a tank with ooo 8000hp cause of abilitys and health i take a while to die, and yet my dispel has a long cool down so i wait for the largest stack of cc while im moving back to healers and i pulse it, still tho am cc'd right after. theres no win, stop trying to sound elite and listen.

dindin's Avatar


dindin
12.18.2011 , 10:27 PM | #10
i thought the complaint was going to be how there is no CC because it's on a gosh darn 60 second cooldown.

edit: i...didn't say "gosh darn" that was the filter.