Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Particle Cannons are BROKEN!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Particle Cannons are BROKEN!

---AlterEgo---
02.15.2012 , 10:44 AM | #1
From the 1.1.2 Patchnotes:
Quote:
Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.
Last week it was the SAME thing on my server. Exactly one day after the server reset the cannons were already broken. Now, one day after the server reset, none of the Particle Cannons are working once again.

Any chance we could get the Particle Cannons from stopping being usable after a day? Would be nice to have a way to fight Imps when we're being camped.

I know you guys tried to fix this last patch, but it didn't really work and it still needs work.

dougan
02.15.2012 , 11:09 AM | #2
The particle cannons are the only way we can stand a chance against the 2:1 odds we face in big fights at our base--it would be nice if BW actually fixed the things they said they were going to fix.

I don't know if this issue is just on IC or if other servers have the same problem but it just exacerbates the already game-breaking problem of population imbalance in Ilum.
Dougan

Fala
02.15.2012 , 11:22 AM | #3
This happens on Anchorhead. We will change Ilum instances and they will be working on (2).
Fala/Matthew - 50 Vanguard - Rank 81
GM - Watchfire
- Anchorhead
www.watchfiregames.com

dougan
02.15.2012 , 02:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fala View Post
This happens on Anchorhead. We will change Ilum instances and they will be working on (2).
Weird, so it's only in certain phases. I guess that makes sense in a buggy, SWTORy, BWy kind of way.
Dougan

ErrantMercenary
02.15.2012 , 02:22 PM | #5
Veela functions the same way. The cannons on Ilum 1 are useless, but generally pretty reliable on Ilum 2. The problem definitely isn't limited to just one or two servers, it's systemic.
Don't worry guys, my motorcycle safety course was three whole days.

Yazule
02.15.2012 , 02:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
From the 1.1.2 Patchnotes:

Last week it was the SAME thing on my server. Exactly one day after the server reset the cannons were already broken. Now, one day after the server reset, none of the Particle Cannons are working once again.

Any chance we could get the Particle Cannons from stopping being usable after a day? Would be nice to have a way to fight Imps when we're being camped.

I know you guys tried to fix this last patch, but it didn't really work and it still needs work.

you are not camped, the imps do NOT push you back to your base where you are "stuck" ... you have speeders to other locations. The Pubs decide to fight at their base trying to suck in imps into the "you die zone"

it is the pubs that make this happen NOT THE IMPS

so you want to draw us into your web AND you want a gun behind us to shoot as well... I am glad they are broken

and I am sad that there are so many imps that are dogs chasing cars

and I am angry that the pubs try to make it sound like we are forcing them to fight there when they have travel routes available.
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

dougan
02.17.2012 , 09:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Yazule View Post
you are not camped, the imps do NOT push you back to your base where you are "stuck" ... you have speeders to other locations. The Pubs decide to fight at their base trying to suck in imps into the "you die zone"

it is the pubs that make this happen NOT THE IMPS

so you want to draw us into your web AND you want a gun behind us to shoot as well... I am glad they are broken

and I am sad that there are so many imps that are dogs chasing cars

and I am angry that the pubs try to make it sound like we are forcing them to fight there when they have travel routes available.
Your view is so tragically skewed. My option is one of three things:

1. Sit at our base and get camped with 2:1 numbers. (This results in the most kills; people get pulled, people are dumb and stand in AOEs, etc.)
2. Fly to a different speeder point and run around looking for stragglers. I might get a couple kills every 10-15 minutes, but most of the time the people have just died and they're returning from res.
3. Go to Central and try to collect armaments only to realize that there's 10 Imperials there, too.

I don't think you (or are capable of, being Imperial) fully grasp how gamebreakingly imbalanced the server population actually is.

Let me add that I truly don't mind being camped at our base. I just want the particle cannon to work to even the odds.
Dougan

Khadroth
02.17.2012 , 09:06 AM | #8
Quote:
particle cannons can no longer be permanently disabled. Except when they can be.
fixt dat for u bw.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

copasetic
02.17.2012 , 09:10 AM | #9
I made a thread about this yesterday and unfortunately, it seemed nobody cared about this. It's sad because if Bioware fixed the Cannons, Ilum would be far more enjoyable. My best Ilum PvP experiences by far came when all four of the Cannons were working and the Republics would crossfire two of the cannons at ours Ops group and wipe over half of our group in a matter of seconds. The Republic zerg even managed to push us back behind the Sourthern Point once. Ilum was awesome that day and it was primarily because the Cannons worked.

dougan
02.17.2012 , 09:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
I made a thread about this yesterday and unfortunately, it seemed nobody cared about this. It's sad because if Bioware fixed the Cannons, Ilum would be far more enjoyable. My best Ilum PvP experiences by far came when all four of the Cannons were working and the Republics would crossfire two of the cannons at ours Ops group and wipe over half of our group in a matter of seconds. The Republic zerg even managed to push us back behind the Sourthern Point once. Ilum was awesome that day and it was primarily because the Cannons worked.
As someone said in another thread about this, the particle cannons are the only reconciling factor for population imbalance. If they aren't working, Ilum is the most un-fun and frustrating requirement in any game that I've ever played.
Dougan