BM bags make me want to quit

AlexisLarson

^ You mad brah? :)

To me it looks like the chance for a battlemaster commendation is roughly 25 %, but maybe I am lucky. I am valor rank 65, and the only BM pieces I miss are the shoes and the offhand. So only 5 comms to go, which should take like a week.

Of course you will always have people that are just too unlucky, so maybe one suggestion would be to have like " BM silver commendations " tp always drop, and when you have 50 of them you can get 1 piece of gear. That way the really unlucky people can still get their gear, even though it will take a while.

PS: The difference between full champion gear (which everyone can get quite easily) and full BM gear is only a few %, so in the end, this should not be the deciding factor. Skill / teamplay will be.

Should have been able to buy these stupid bags while you level and not only buy one.

Of course, IMO expertise is stupid and this uber pvp gear is a weak way to get people to put in countless hours. It takes exactly ZERO skill to obtain, its simply play and play and play.

I want to play a game where your gear and player advantage should just be based on what exotics you choose for your playstyle and what talents you chose for yourself.

Everything else could just be practice and L2P better. No more of this i am good because i can spend 20 hours a day losing at huttball.

Edited by kirorx

I went through over 20 before i got my first one, I've gotten 4 since then.. i still hate it though

Sorry I just picked one post to quote, but in all honesty here now my piece of rotten meat I throw proverbially into the cage: THERE SHOULD BE NO EXPERTISE AND NO GEAR FROM PvP FULLSTOP-OTHER THAN TITLES OR FLUFF ITEMS!!! It destroys ANY MMO. Sorry but that is the truth for me - whether you like it or not.

Now burn me for my insolence! I can bear it :D

Sorry I just picked one post to quote, but in all honesty here now my piece of rotten meat I throw proverbially into the cage: THERE SHOULD BE NO EXPERTISE AND NO GEAR FROM PvP FULLSTOP-OTHER THAN TITLES OR FLUFF ITEMS!!! It destroys ANY MMO. Sorry but that is the truth for me - whether you like it or not.

AMEN Bro.

I am glad others feel the same way.

Reading the posts in this thread amuses me. 10-49 PVP has no bags. Playing for fun instead of playing for gear. You should try it. Win or lose, it doesn't matter, because its fun.

BioWare kind of painted people into a corner though with Expertise. It's a gear up to have fun system and not a have fun while you gear up system. Throwing away a capped character is not the solution. Anyone who says win or lose it's still fun, is lying.

BioWare kind of painted people into a corner though with Expertise. It's a gear up to have fun system and not a have fun while you gear up system. Throwing away a capped character is not the solution. Anyone who says win or lose it's still fun, is lying.

If you sincerely believe that losing in PVP is not fun then it's not a game to you anymore; its business. In the business world you have rewards for "working". If PVP is all about "working" to get gear then I understand why losing is not fun for you. Because you don't get any rewards for losing. You've spent time, you've worked, without reward.

Remove the reward. See what happens.

BW are milking the RNG on the PVP gear for everything it possibly could be worth. They spent $100m odd on this game? Well some corporate pinhead is stamping his foot and demanding his return. Too bad they understand balance sheets more than they understand MMO's. They should learn from AION. People hate being screwed over for every penny they're worth. Aion was a good game but people hate it for that reason.

BW have two choices. They can pump SWTOR for all its worth in the short term and then dump it. Or, they can build a game with legs that is valued by the MMO community. I certainly hope they choose the latter course and they dump all this exploitative RNG crap.

I think SWTOR is a great success as a game. As an MMO it sucks. BW have had a good reputation in game development. I hope they value their name enough to do something worthwhile as an MMO developer. That means providing an enduring benefit to a community of people over the long term as opposed to screwing people out of their subs and using RNG to justify it.

Reading the posts in this thread amuses me. 10-49 PVP has no bags. Playing for fun instead of playing for gear. You should try it. Win or lose, it doesn't matter, because its fun.

There's pvp gear you buy with just wz tokens which is how it should be at 50 not rng garbage.

I think its pretty clear that you have never played a pvp mmo to endgame before at all.

In almost every pvp mmo I have been in, there is some sort of rank system in place. This could be in the form of abilities, skills, or gear but they always exist. The problem with this one is that it is random. So random, that the frustartion of trying to earn it, facing those who have it further discourages people to play. Sure they can still die, but the difference is huge.

I also agree with the others that there should be some sort of backup system in place for those with either bad luck or at certain levels in which you can get the gear. This would help a lot.

Clearly people getting burned is becoming a problem. I too share the experience in Aion in which their drop rate was so flat out horrible, that in the end, it chased me away along with some other problems.

I really hope they do something about this. I think this wouldn't be so bad if everyone faced this, but the problem is that a good amount of people already have both sets of gear because they either exploited the system before it was fixed or acquired the gear when it was easily obtained by the pve nonsense.

I know we have some kids, teens, and those who are either extremely immature or selfish that no matter what is said they will not care but this is clearly a problem and needs to be addressed. So I really hope bioware does something quickly. I loved Aion, but between the farming NPC's for pvp gear and the horrible drop rate, I ended looking elsewhere for fun.

So then you don't know pvp enough to know what it's like opening many bags without getting anything or getting just dupes.

Awkward :/

12 bags so far with 1 item.

Oooh well. No big deal.

Why is it no big deal? Because I enjoy playing. The items are a side-effect of my having fun.

Edited by RazielHex

I think its pretty clear that you have never played a pvp mmo to endgame before at all.

I think it absolutely clear that you have no idea who I am or what my experiences are and where my opinion comes from.

Enough said. I have my opinion-it's valid and that's that. We do not HAVE to cater extra for PvPers full stop. Give them a chance to get the same PvE type gear and get rid of Expertise if at all.

But still, titles, ranking and fluff are cool. RNG is rubbish I agree, but again I am very very ambivalent about the whole PvP thing. When WoW introduced it it destroyed the entire game. But again that is just an opinion.

The funny thing is and few have realized that the system they have in place will not give the guy who lives in his mother's basement an advantage because he can grind WZ's all day. You can only get a BM bag for the two dailies and the two weeklies. So everyone is getting the same exact number of bags if they complete those missions.

I hear lots of QQ from those that don't do anything but play this game and they think they should have all their gear RIGHT NOW!

You can buy one BM bag prior to Valor 60 so how should you be able to have your BM gear by the time you reach valor 60? It is end game gear.

I hear lots of QQ from those that don't do anything but play this game and they think they should have all their gear RIGHT NOW!

Wrong.

Copy paste threads where people ask this. What I see is people asking for it to be a fair system. Not one which allows a fresh valor 60 to acquire more gear than someone who has been valor 60 for a longer period of time just because of Luck.

What so people that exploited a system and traded nodes or whatever should have all their gear? No thanks.

Just because you got there faster means nothing. He was just lucky. His time will come when he is not so lucky.

If it's an exploit BW would be doing something about it right now for those servers that are trading kills.

The Republic on my server don't do that. In fact the only action worth going to illum for is on Tuesdays when Weekly's reset. So I've had to grind the normal way.

It's expected that the lucky person will eventually be unlucky. 25% is really low. However it is possible for an unlucky person to stay unlucky through out valor 60-70, till the new gear is in, when they will change the system for those that are 70+ to finally acquire BM pieces at a reasonable rate.

What so people that exploited a system and traded nodes or whatever should have all their gear? No thanks.

Just because you got there faster means nothing. He was just lucky. His time will come when he is not so lucky.

What your saying makes no sense. Why is it that people who have only played WoW or kids seem to think its OK for people to be frustrated when they are either not even 50 yet or got lucky and got their gear in a few bags? Heres the first hint, WoW is not a pvp mmo. Its a pve mmo, considered by most the easiest of the genre.

Pvp mmos don't work that way and when they do, they aren't very successful. Frustration does not equate fun. I've actually been in pvp mmos like aion and daoc that took work to get the top items. It took time and repeat efforts. In some cases, even more leveling once you got the item.

The key was that there was some progression towards something. You were working towards a set end. Working towards complete randomness is frustrating and not fun. Especially when you know others get lucky, some others exploited the systems with nothing done to them, and finally those who did it when it pve easy mode based on illum.

I guess this game could be considered a pve mmo but still, it doesn't have to be idiotic.

I believe 13 year old could understand why that is a bad idea. This isn't about getting pvp gear now, its about working towards something thst is not random much less frustrating. It looks that Bioware is going to learn the hard way about this mistake.

The difference between the two brackets is that at 50 you are constantly getting wrecked by geared players. You have to continuously undertake frustrating and boring matches in order to eventually become competitive and with this RNG who knows how long that will take. To put it simply, it's just not fun when you're a meatshield (and a bad one at that) and nothing else.

Edited by xXCheXGuevaraXx