Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel is Live

CourtneyWoods

We’re thrilled to bring you the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel, available today, April 14, 2013. This Digital Expansion brings exciting new content to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ including the new planet of Makeb, a new level cap of 55, and an epic storyline with fully-voiced cinematic conversations. Plus, you’ll discover exciting new technology devices, Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid, which unlock valuable rewards and additional story-driven missions.

Read More

So excited to get home and play after my night shift is over! Just hit 50 Saturday morning so I can not wait till I step foot in Makeb on Sunday morning! Though I dont think it will happen....still have to finish my story quest first!

I had acces to early time and cleared all the content with my 2 friends and we had all lot of fun doing makeb!

really worth the 10$

the only thing is im eager to continu lol and its already over

and please add the hutt cartel a operation :)

Clearly the best content from BIOWARE

So excited to get home and play after my night shift is over! Just hit 50 Saturday morning so I can not wait till I step foot in Makeb on Sunday morning! Though I dont think it will happen....still have to finish my story quest first!

Not to be a jerk, but you really need to lower you excitement level / expectations. You're going to be very disappointed otherwise. :(

This DLC was very lackluster and lazy.

Not to be a jerk, but you really need to lower you excitement level / expectations. You're going to be very disappointed otherwise. :(

This DLC was very lackluster and lazy.

Oh, look, I get to be that guy again. Were you yet another one of those people who expected a full $40-$50 expansion's worth of content for $10?

Just compare what we got for $10 to what you get in pretty much any other game for $10. I'd call it a pretty fair deal.

Oh, look, I get to be that guy again. Were you yet another one of those people who expected a full $40-$50 expansion's worth of content for $10?

Just compare what we got for $10 to what you get in pretty much any other game for $10. I'd call it a pretty fair deal.

Semi-assumed EAware wanted to look good. Guess I was wrong. :rolleyes:

Sad that STO's free expansion will have much more than this DLC.

I for one am personally loving the expansion so far and I haven't even finished yet!

The Heroic 4 quest's path to get to it is very creative with the pipes shooting you up, and the world is beautiful and awesome to ride a speeder around on with jutting edges out of the ground and cool looking pillars!

Totally worth the 10 bucks!!!:jawa_smile:

Semi-assumed EAware wanted to look good. Guess I was wrong. :rolleyes:

Sad that STO's free expansion will have much more than this DLC.

STO's expansion will also offer a hell of a lot more than mere DLC and it's being published by a company whose entire business philosophy is true F2P, hence the reason that the expansion is free. (The only reason there is even a sub option in STO is to fulfill previous contractural obligations).

Edited by Lewintelamon
Because, derp, I can't spell today obviously...

i hav been trying to purchase TROTHC for a few days now and it keeps telling me something like ''this service is unavailable for this account please try again tomorrow'' :eek: its 11:25pm et so i guess ill try again tomorrow... :confused: Edited by simitung

Personally I don't like the expansion in the sense levelling to 55 as a solo player. I went to Makeb with early access, quested my way to 51 and a half. Then encountered level 53, 54 mobs and got hardly any gear upgrades for myself and nothing for my companion. I went back to the old content I had not finished yet in order to gain some xp, then to return to Makeb and got as far as 52 and a half, facing level 55 elites and stuff. I've tried the missions with the Seeker Droids, but it takes eons to find something and I hate being sent from one end of a planet to the other end back and forth over and over searching for something with a drop rate of in my experience 1%. Same counts for the other missions with the binoculars.

Previous planets were nicely zoned by level, you always faced mobs of the same level and then you moved on to the next quest hub and you equally levelled up. Not always, but then there were bonus missions on other planets to catch up. So why make Makeb any different. It was a good move of BW to spread out the Seeker Droid missions etc over other planets, but I would rather have seen missions were like they were before. Kill x of this, gather y of that and not drilling a hole in the ground to find something, because there is something near you. But all I do is turning in circles like a fool getting nothing. It feels like a waste of time to me. I need action.

Comming from WoW I've found this game refreshing. I quit playing WoW December last year because of the endless amount of reputation dailies, doing the exact same stuff each and every day. It became a boring chore instead of a relaxing game, because that is what a game is supposed to be, fun while making progress. SWTOR was different and how else couild it be because everything is new and I love the cinematic quest conversations and story lines.

I don't want to burn down this expansion completely to the ground. I believe when teamed up it's awesome and you can run to 55 together easily. Makeb is really beautiful and it's missions challenging. BW has made a good thing. It's just not for me as I play this game alone and it got me stuck now in the story line. Frustrated and angry I have logged of a couple of times, that never happened before.

So yeah, that's my personal experience so far.

Edited by idronald

• 2 weeks later...