Dear Bioware....from a Progression raider

veSev

While, i like the idea of being able to move while Master Striking, it would look weird as ****.. i mean, look at the Vicious Slash animation for Marauders and Juggernauts and you can see how moving while using MS/Ravage would end up, it would be more ice skating shenanegins...

That's why they would replace the ability, so that it would have a new animation :p

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a rumor that bloodthirst is going for all Knight classes....

Guardian + bloodthirst = wat!

I'd be surprised if that was the case.

So far when mentioning the utility abilities they specifically called out AC's as having that power not class names. Otherwise you'd expect Operatives to have the Sniper shield rather than Tactical Superiority.

Edited by ArenCordial

Heard a rumor that bloodthirst is going for all Knight classes....

Guardian + bloodthirst = wat!

Same but apparently not, still on sentinels but reduces to 10s, and apparently guardian (like shadows,vanguards) would get a defensive raid cd (tank-able classes) wait&see.

U got mh since time?

So we got some "leaked" 3.0 class changes today via reddit. I was also watching snave's stream and he linked a google doc that had utilities/new abilities for each class listed. Out of fear of being banned, I wont link either of them here, but head over to reddit to find it. For those that have read it, what are your thoughts?

Personally, I was a little baffled by the new abilities. Vengeance, if correct, is getting an ability similar to Guardian Slash but hits more targets, and Rage is getting 2 single target abilities. Kind of strange that Vengeance, based on these abilities, has more AOE potential than Rage in theory. I will say no paths were discussed for Disciplines, so its possible Rage changed to increase AOE by some other means than the new abilities that were mentioned.

Out of respect of the devs and the safety of your accounts, can we please not openly discuss the leaked 3.0 details? There was recently a big purge of 3.0 related threads recently. There's good discussion here, so let's not put this thread in jeopardy. Edited by Andrew_Past

See I feel the juggs feel smoother. Might be server lag but my guardian looks like he's hesitating or something before he uses blade storm.

Gaurdian jump > Jugg jump

Plasma brnad > Impale

How guardians run and hold lightsaber < How juggs run and hold lightsaber

The mutated jenkins scream of the guardians < The confident snicker of the juggs (on zen strike)

^ I can't tell if my dude is dying or having a good time

In staying true to this thread, I request BW tone us screamers down a bit.

Animations are a killer. The blade storm animation takes way too long compared to instant-cast force scream. The Jug feels 10x smoother, but that's the story for all Imp vs. Rep classes. You should have seen it at launch when the Guardian AoE slow was 2 seconds shorter than the Jug for no reason at all. Don't even get me started at project vs. shock.

I just wonder why they keep buffing the 3 Ranged DPS, while killing Sentinel DPS in both PvP and PvE(with 3.0) and rendering the other 4 Melee DPS nonusable in PVE (at least they are great in PvP). I really hope they have something up their sleave to make Melees viable. Well have some trolling^^

1.0 Balance was fine for the most part:

- forget to kick the Sorc Cast --> you die,

- too stupid to get away from that glowing sent ---> you die,

- stupid enough to use your CC break to early when getting stomped by a stealther --> you die,

- huddling together in AoE --> you die

3.0 Balance ist more like this:

- If you play a Sniper follow these Rules:

1. Don´t use your Def CDs, you don´t need them --> if you die those *********** Melees are overpowered and need nerfing, demand that at all times.

2. If you cant oneshot a Sentinel since he has Pacify on you, flame him and go on the forums calling for Sentinel nerfs.

3. If a Melee is next to you, don´t move running and kitting is not for you! If you die the Melees need nerfing, remember to demand it at any time you encounter Devs. You shall not roll or use stuns on them, even if you can.

4. Always demand buffs to your Def CDs, Mobility and CC. Your survivability ist the worst, your Def CDs are ****** and your CCs are buggy. You may have the most(best) Defensive Abilities of all DPS Classes, but these are not enough.

5. Don´t forget to demand Sentinelnerfs on a dayly basis, because on your last Dreadfortress run you were outdpsed by some ****** Watchman Sentinel who dared to show his face.

- If you play a Sage DPS follow these rules:

1. Use your "Paladin bubble" instantly after the first time you get below 100% life and break it early. Always claim it is useless and demand buffs to it.

2. Never ever, use your Self heal when it could be usefull. Remember to heal yourself when your at 100%. Should you be a healer only heal targets that currently don´t take damage.

3. Never cast a Shield on anyone, not even yourself.

4. You are a Caster! Don´t move a meter, if you are killed by a Melee flame him. Remember to call for a Nerf after every BG you were killed by a Melee.

5. Most important, don´t use your CC on targets you have not dotet before! Why should you CC anyone when you will not DPS him? If it results in your death, demand nerfs/buffs.

- If you play a Commando DPS follow these rules:

1. Be happy you are not the target of nerfs, you still remember the last time you were hit by one.

2. Be happy you are not a Sentinel. Your Abillities may be just as bad, but you are no object of hate.

- If you play a Scoundrel DPS:

1. Ähem.....you know that you are very stupid....go heal!!!!

- If you play a Guardian DPS:

1. Welcome back Smashboy, just jump those huddled together rangedDPS and kill them.

2. Don´t forget ForcePush/ForceJump --> Stunimmunity and have fun.

3. When you are about to die just use your h2full or some other Tank CD^^

- If you play a Shadow DPS:

1. You don´t need Brains, you are Batman.

2. Seriously if you take more than 3 hits to kill someone play something else.

- If you play a Sentinel:

1. Congratulations you are maybe one of the last dozen people of your Server who have not switched classes frustrated from almost 3 Years of consequent nerfing of your class.

2. Propably you still remain at the Top of the Pack in PvE and PVP, even more so when you go on your [insert Random Class here] Twink, when you are drunk or are not concentrated.

3. Remember you are awesome, your class is **** and only your awesmoness makes it playable. Hate all other Classes, but don´t forget to fight among yourselves. You could run in the danger of achieving something if you united with the other half a dozen people still calling a Sent their main.

4. Remember! Inspiration is important, so allways remind of how usefull you are for a Raid even so you have no Spots/Purge/Heals/Movement/Aoe/CC/Rez...etc.. You know that Inspiration is not as usefull as everybody thinks, but no need for anyone else to know this.

5. Don´t forget! Everyone who is not a Sent cannot play! If they are better than you their class is overpowered, if they are worse they can´t play.

Finally got mh from council 16 last night, i will try some dummies until 3.0 and post screens here for lots of lolz and break 4.5k

Grats man! While I hope that is the case, I am starting to wonder if my 4100 can be beat even with the MH. RNGesus loved me for that parse. And even worse, that near 4100 was with a brutalizer relic. Anyways, best of luck boss.

@Atlanis I am not entire sure the purpose of your post other than complaining about Mdps struggling? Or is this a balance rant for PvP? I'm rather confused, and posting this in the Guardian forum makes it even stranger.

Get me torparse back and we'll see how your 4100 holds up :D

honestly though, I'll just wait for 3.0. #RIPParsing

Dude, **** torparse and just post some screenshots if you beat me! Mind you the companion buff is OP, but wouldn't take away from beating me in my mind.

3.0 Balance ist more like this:

Snip

You forgot Vanguards!

So here we go:

- If you play a Vanguard.

If you are a tank, remember that you dont have to taunt or put guards up. Doing this is incorrect, because it means that you think your aggro generation is pathetic and you should just reroll. If your team mates die, flame the healer for being bad and the DPS for being too weak to kill the enemies first

If you are a DPS, remember to flame the devs for you not getting Storm, so you have to run up to the battle. T

If you are specced tactics, you should go cryogenically freeze yourself until 3.0

If you are specced Assault, take everything off your quickbar except Ion Pulse and High Impact Bolt. Anything else is unnecessary and will slow you down.

If you die, blame the tank for not guarding you and the healers for not healing you. Ignore all of your defensives, especially adrenaline rush. That move is only useful if your healers are bad, and if you have a bad healer you are better off quitting the warzone.

Edited by TACeMossie

Soon my friend, the date they listed for the Friday streams is Nov 21st for the Warrior/Knights.

I've no idea what the utlities are but if we will get one utility for both tanks and dps then it's still gonna be pointless to bring dps jugs in. They should make utilities tied to the spec so tanks will get something else from dps and they will both share cooldown and be stance dependent. jugs have already much less utility than other classes. Look at vanguards who can kite bosses in their dps spec. They're the off tanks, not jugs. I am not talking about dedicated special extra abilities but what almost, if not every, other dps class can do compared to juggs. We can't do anything. We can't even do proper off-tanking.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I've no idea what the utlities are but if we will get one utility for both tanks and dps then it's still gonna be pointless to bring dps jugs in. They should make utilities tied to the spec so tanks will get something else from dps and they will both share cooldown and be stance dependent. jugs have already much less utility than other classes. Look at vanguards who can kite bosses in their dps spec. They're the off tanks, not jugs. I am not talking about dedicated special extra abilities but what almost, if not every, other dps class can do compared to juggs. We can't do anything. We can't even do proper off-tanking.

So my understanding of your post is that we should have all our utilities tied to a spec, but our utilities are useless so it doesn't matter? While I am not debating that currently we are lacking in most areas in PvE content, but to say that we cant provide off-tanking is simply wrong given that we have the best CDs of any tank class. While we may not be able to kite, this is due to us requiring 4 meters to use the majority of our abilities. The similarity of kiting on a Vanguard vs. a Jugg would be the same thing as comparing a Vanguard vs Mara. We simply lack the distance to kite, and on this note I think most would agree that kiting and off-tanking are two completely different ideas.

So if I got it right we'll be capable of protect allies and boost their speed; we wont talk about the 5% buff on melee caus' mara/sents got it too, oh wait we win 1% on dots, worst class ever °°

Talking about datamined content results in a ban.

It has also resulted in thread deletions in the past, and we dont want that happening here.

Please refrain from talking about 3.0 Info for Guards/Juggs until 21 November 2014, when the information is officially released.

Thank you.

Edited by TACeMossie