How do I turn off level shift?

Warlocc

None of my characters have been dismounted by anything but an actual knockdown attack recently, tank or non-tank. All are Speeder III, though, and basically always using a Cartel speeder

Echos my experience as well. They can snare, damage, and sometimes rubber band you.. but the forced dismount seems to only come from a mob that fires off a knock-down... which admittedly more mobs have such a skill at higher levels. Being a tank class with shielding, I simply experience less transactional damage then if playing a dps or healer.

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I want to do the H2s later, I'd be happy to turn it back on. I never played SWG, but from the sounds of things, the big draw there was how much more open ended things were there. Again, not sure why both sides of this coin can't just get what they want separately.

You really cannot objectively compare SWG and SWTOR... except for the Star Wars IP. Game play mechanics are extremely different. SWG was a different beast then other MMOs in this regard, and probably always will be.

You have to understand, IMO, that level sync is not some player option designed and integrated into the new/renewed content with the release of 4.0 for the individuals preference. It's a complete integrates subsystem... not a perk or option designed for individual player choice. Much about any MMO is in fact a complete system or subsystem, not a player option or perk. Lvel sync is no different in this regard, other then we used to not have it.. and then... like all MMOs.. they change mechanics of the system to some degree.

Level sync solves more problems then it creates.

Edited by Andryah

You really cannot objectively compare SWG and SWTOR... except for the Star Wars IP. Game play mechanics are extremely different. SWG was a different beast then other MMOs in this regard, and probably always will be.

You have to understand, IMO, that level sync is not some player option designed and integrated into the new/renewed content with the release of 4.0 for the individuals preference. It's a complete integrates subsystem... not a perk or option designed for individual player choice. Much about any MMO is in fact a complete system or subsystem, not a player option or perk. Lvel sync is no different in this regard, other then we used to not have it.. and then... like all MMOs.. they change mechanics of the system to some degree.

Level sync solves more problems then it creates.

Indeed... people don't like it cos they get knocked off their bike when they didn't use to... that's it. If you want a static game, don't play an MMO. Oh and btw... in SWG, when you got knocked off your bike, if it took too much damage... it was gone. Done. Destroyed. That sweet AV-21 that took you and your guild mates a week of grinding on the Corellian Corvette is now a burning, smouldering wreck.

Edited by leehambly

Indeed... people don't like it cos they get knocked off their bike when they didn't use to... that's it. If you want a static game, don't play an MMO. Oh and btw... in SWG, when you got knocked off your bike, if it took too much damage... it was gone. Done. Destroyed. That sweet AV-21 that took you and your guild mates a week of grinding on the Corellian Corvette is now a burning, smouldering wreck.

OMG the night sisters were annoying for doing that.

Overall, the I have to agree that level sync solves more than it hurts. You used to have to pace how much XP you earned, because if you got too far ahead of the class line, you would be puling in 15 xp a class quest when you turned in. In all sorts of ways it is more enjoyable now. Well worth the trade offs

It's not optional and it's here to stay forever since wherever they decide to put content now, our level scales with it. Best thing to happen in the history of this game. Makes the whole game relevant at all times.

My thoughts exactly.

OMG the night sisters were annoying for doing that.

Overall, the I have to agree that level sync solves more than it hurts. You used to have to pace how much XP you earned, because if you got too far ahead of the class line, you would be puling in 15 xp a class quest when you turned in. In all sorts of ways it is more enjoyable now. Well worth the trade offs

Having to manage your side quests so your main class quest (the one with the big xp gain) didn't turn grey :( yep