Alan Rickman is dead...

Beranzen

First thing i saw in my news feed this morning was the news of his death.

An incredible talent and a life that should be celebrated for the gifts he gave all his fans.

From Die Hard to Harry Potter I would only only say Thank you sir, and rest in peace.

To say I'm devastated by this news would be an understatement. Alan Rickman was an amazing talent, and my personal favorite actor. His turns as Colonial Christopher Brandon and Severus Snape...Hans Gruber...these were just a few of the roles he was in that I loved. I absolutely adored him and I can't believe he's gone. I'm reeling.

Rest in peace Mr. Rickman. You were much loved.

This sucks. Just when I was getting used to David Bowie passing on from cancer, now Alan Rickman too. And they were both the same age.

I'll miss them both. :(

I'll definitely miss Alan Rickman, he just had that suaveness about him.

Edited by Eanelinea

Can't believe he was with the same woman for fifty years and she couldn't be bothered to give him at least a single offspring in all that time. Smh...

Um...I don't think they were able to actually. Both men and women can have fertility issues. Some people aren't blessed with the ability to procreate. Not really up to us to judge the quality of their love and their union. Obviously they were doing something right to stay together so long. It must be a really sad time for Rima...to lose her partner of so long. I think devastating would be a better word. It is a shame there are no children to bring comfort, but it seems that's something they had accepted long ago.

Um...I don't think they were able to actually. Both men and women can have fertility issues. Some people aren't blessed with the ability to procreate. Not really up to us to judge the quality of their love and their union. Obviously they were doing something right to stay together so long. It must be a really sad time for Rima...to lose her partner of so long. I think devastating would be a better word. It is a shame there are no children to bring comfort, but it seems that's something they had accepted long ago.

You're right, Luna, I'm out of line. I should not have put this poor grieving woman in a obligatory box like that, as if she is expected to follow some preordained role. It is not my place to gauge the value of anothers love based on my own preconceptions. All that matters is how much love & comfort they felt for each other. I just wish this great man had been able to sire a child to pass on his legacy. As it stands now, his genius dies with him, and that feels like a much more grievous crime. :(

Edited by Aeristash

You're right, Luna, I'm out of line. I should not have put this poor grieving woman in a obligatory box like that, as if she is expected to follow some preordained role. It is not my place to gauge the value of anothers love based on my own preconceptions. All that matters is how much love & comfort they felt for each other. I just wish this great man had been able to sire a child to pass on his legacy. As it stands now, his genius dies with him, and that feels like a much more grievous crime. :(

I wish he'd have had children too. I agree it's very sad, it would have been comforting for AR's family, and even us fans, to think there was the potential of having another talent such as his come up in the future. It really does feel like genius lost forever. It is a tragedy.

one of the most endearing parts that Mr. Rickman portrayed that I will always remember,

was the Depressed Robot in Douglas Adams-Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

The mind the size of a planet.

Edited by RandalR