Welcome to Game Update 2.4: The Dread War

CourtneyWoods

Hi there! We are very excited to release Game Update 2.4: The Dread War today. This is our biggest Game Update since 2.0 and includes a story mission area with new missions on a new moon, two entirely new Operations, all new 4v4 Warzone gameplay and Arenas, class balance changes, three new sets of gear comprising some of the most powerful equipment in the galaxy, and new vehicles and mount rewards! Of course this all comes along with the normal assortment of bug fixes, game tweaks, and continued under the hood optimization tweaks.

Read More

Hi there! We are very excited to release Game Update 2.4: The Dread War today. This is our biggest Game Update since 2.0 and includes a story mission area with new missions on a new moon, two entirely new Operations, all new 4v4 Warzone gameplay and Arenas, class balance changes, three new sets of gear comprising some of the most powerful equipment in the galaxy, and new vehicles and mount rewards! Of course this all comes along with the normal assortment of bug fixes, game tweaks, and continued under the hood optimization tweaks.

Read More

So why did you lie about the patch? You said yesterday that if we waited until today we would not have to download the entire game and that it would be a smaller patch? That is obviously not the case? What is going on?!

Simply amazing! Loving Oricon! Especially the fact that it gives a bunch of high-tier gear for single-story rewards! Will make it really easy to gear up if I ever decide to do the Dread Masters ops (note I've never done Ops before which is why that's a conditional statement).

Only thing you guys didn't get right was the length, the story was way too short! More story.

Very nice looking area and I think it will get even better when the crowds die down. Strains the story a little when there are more imperials and republic than dread guard.

Does anyone know if any of the companions say or do anything? I'm missing the days when we all gathered round the holo terminal to discuss the mission objectives or someone had something to add to the cut scene.

Only thing you guys didn't get right was the length, the story was way too short! More story.

Very nice looking area and I think it will get even better when the crowds die down. Strains the story a little when there are more imperials and republic than dread guard.

Does anyone know if any of the companions say or do anything? I'm missing the days when we all gathered round the holo terminal to discuss the mission objectives or someone had something to add to the cut scene.

Love the area and the story, but yes, it was a bit short. In addition, loved some of the bosses as you run your first series of quests. Nice and stout. Better have your good gear on.

No companion dialogue, yeah, I miss their comments. After all they should definitely be commenting about not wanting to be there. Lol

What a crappy update, made my class (sage dps) pretty much worthless. I was already growing bored of repeating that same stupid content week in and week out and was looking forward to 4v4 arenas, yet it just highlights that you guys still have a lot of balance work to do and I doubt you'll ever get it right. I'm done with this game, the only thing thats gonna save this game is if you pay players to play it.

You just devalued all that time I spent to accumulate ultimate comm's and put my character into full 72 gear, now those comms would yield 78's, but I had already spent them, now I feel like a super-dud. Just ruined the game. Why should I now devote time to collect ultimate comms to get 78 gear, when later you may come back and now change it where it would purchase a better tier gear.

This new planet is pure gear-check, crippled by lag.

Business as usual.

(Could you please lengthen the re-spawn timers on all those trash-mobs to something reasonable --like maybe 20 seconds instead of 10? Getting punted into trash mob that's just re-spawned that you've just killed by the Champion who you'd just about solo'ed on the third attempt is...extremely annoying.)

When will the Holonet and the Elder Game Guide on the Website be updated? The Elder Game Guide is missing the Kell Dragon and the Dreadforged Tier and the Holonet is missing 3 Operations, the new Arenas, Treek, the Moons CZ-198 and Oricon and everything about lvl 55 Flashpoints.

New Planet done in 45 min and of course the Frame Rate is as bad as everything else added to the game since 2.0. The engine in this game is flat out broken. I unsubbed a while back because of all the bugs and bad performance and only came back for one month to see what 2.4 was all about, but right out of the gate more bugs. One Op can't be completed because of it. Heck, I cant even preview things (dye/armor) on the GTN now either. :rolleyes:

Unsubbing again at the end of the month. Going back to Guild Wars 2 :D A game that gets all kinds of content and good performance with no sub. Yet, Bioware cant do that WITH sub.

Also, in Guild Wars 2 you don't get nickle and dimed to death. You also get hundreds of kinds of dyes that dont go away on use. :p