Just how Powerful what Nihilus?

Abbyssion

Most about Karpyshyn novels is not canon,he always tried to make his Sith way more powerful then the previous.

I mean the author doesnt even understand how the force works, just read rule of two.He actualy at that time dident understand how lightsaber combat always uses the force. And not to mention the dark sorceres stuff is so silly.

Canon fact, the force can only influence the weak minded, and that is only simpel tricks.What Drew does in his novels is just plain dumb.Things like the way Zannah can use the force again is just plain dumb,and there is a reason why you will never see those things in the movies.

The stories are great but the skills they use is so silly and will never be canon.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Most about Karpyshyn novels is not canon,he always tried to make his Sith way more powerful then the previous.

I mean the author doesnt even understand how the force works, just read rule of two.He actualy at that time dident understand how lightsaber combat always uses the force. And not to mention the dark sorceres stuff is so silly.

Canon fact, the force can only influence the weak minded, and that is only simpel tricks.What Drew does in his novels is just plain dumb.Things like the way Zannah can use the force again is just plain dumb,and there is a reason why you will never see those things in the movies.

The stories are great but the skills they use is so silly and will never be canon.

I'm afraid you don't decide what is canon and what is not. And I'm afraid it is not canon fact that the Force can only influence the weak minded. The dark side basically disproves this, does the dark side not corrupt the mind and control their users with passions? Did Traya not make herself invisible to the Disciple? Did the Emperor not take over the minds of those Jedi Masters who came to apprehend him, turning them into mindless slaves? Did Bastila Shan not use Battle Meditation to turn the tide wars? Did Sidious not do the same? I could go on. I think your mistaking all mind effecting Force powers with the Jedi Mind trick. The Jedi mind trick is the only power that works on the weak minded. Sith magic, which is what Zannah uses and is established canon. And where did you get the idea the Drew doesn't know how the Force works? :confused:

I always believed that Kreia was referring to Revan and Malak's Sith Empire not being the true Sith Empire. In fact, doesn't she mention that the corrupted Republic forces specifically weren't the Sith?
Hmmm, perhaps. After all if she is referring to the Triumvirate she is basically slagging herself off... maybe she means both, or maybe not. Still there is a distinct difference between Revan, Malak's and Traya's Sith and the 'True SIth'. I think she was talking about heritage etc. and the fact that they are direct descendants of the 'original' Sith and there Empire.

I'm afraid you don't decide what is canon and what is not. And I'm afraid it is not canon fact that the Force can only influence the weak minded. The dark side basically disproves this, does the dark side not corrupt the mind and control their users with passions? Did Traya not make herself invisible to the Disciple? Did the Emperor not take over the minds of those Jedi Masters who came to apprehend him, turning them into mindless slaves? Did Bastila Shan not use Battle Meditation to turn the tide wars? Did Sidious not do the same? I could go on. I think your mistaking all mind effecting Force powers with the Jedi Mind trick. The Jedi mind trick is the only power that works on the weak minded. Sith magic, which is what Zannah uses and is established canon. And where did you get the idea the Drew doesn't know how the Force works? :confused:

Hmmm, perhaps. After all if she is referring to the Triumvirate she is basically slagging herself off... maybe she means both, or maybe not. Still there is a distinct difference between Revan, Malak's and Traya's Sith and the 'True SIth'. I think she was talking about heritage etc. and the fact that they are direct descendants of the 'original' Sith and there Empire.

Sry but most of those powers is not canon and will never be. If we ask the ultimate canon boss George Lucas

who sets the rules who do you think he will agree with ? i can promise you he will laught at Drews Sith lords for the most part.Only mayor Character made by Drew that is really canon is Revan and Bane.But what you have to understans is Drew learned alot from when he wrote Bane trilogy until he wrote Revan. With Revan he understands more how the force woeks.And what i said is true, Bane trilogy is just silly on most things like powers and yeah you know what i mean.

Sry but most of those powers is not canon and will never be. If we ask the ultimate canon boss George Lucas

who sets the rules who do you think he will agree with ? i can promise you he will laught at Drews Sith lords for the most part.Only mayor Character made by Drew that is really canon is Revan and Bane.But what you have to understans is Drew learned alot from when he wrote Bane trilogy until he wrote Revan. With Revan he understands more how the force woeks.And what i said is true, Bane trilogy is just silly on most things like powers and yeah you know what i mean.

Ever heard of the Holocron Continuity Database? George will agree with me because all the above have been accepted personally by George Lucas and classed as canon. Anything Star Wars has to be accepted by Lucas before it can become canon. KOTOR 1 & 2 and the Darth Bane Trilogy are C-Canon. And the dark side is G-Canon. Please read this. So yes, he does agree with all of those powers. And no, I don't know what you mean - none of the powers are remotely 'silly'.

Ever heard of the Holocron Continuity Database? George will agree with me because all the above have been accepted personally by George Lucas and classed as canon. Anything Star Wars has to be accepted by Lucas before it can become canon. KOTOR 1 & 2 and the Darth Bane Trilogy are C-Canon. And the dark side is G-Canon. Please read this. So yes, he does agree with all of those powers. And no, I don't know what you mean - none of the powers are remotely 'silly'.

Wrong, Leland is not GL. Now when the new movies will come out George have said the stories will be new, not from C canon universe. George have said that the novels etc are like a paralel universe that is fan faction etc.

As i said there is a reason you dont see those powers etc in the movies because they dont belong there, because they are not canon in any way.A very few times George will bring in things from the novels but that is mostly planets, characters, names etc.

I mean cant you understand a basic thing like, if a Sith could use those mind powers he could take over the galaxy 900 years before Sidious did it thru politics.You have to understand these things and dont svallow everything in the novels just because some author wanted to make the most bad *** Sith ever in his own universe.

If you cant understand these things then you dont understand star wars.The PT overwrote alot what used to be canon, the ST will soon do the same from 2015 with epi VII.

Wrong, Leland is not GL.

Except Leland Chee was appointed by George Lucas to keep everything in line. So when it comes to canon, Chee's word is of near equal status to GL's. But if George tells him he wants something removed, it gets removed. The fact that these "silly" powers haven't been retconned into oblivion obviously proves you wrong.

So I read that entire wiki page. If you go only by George Lucas, nothing except the films is really canon. Though he also claimed there would never be another movie. So whatever that's worth. The artist in him has a deep conflict with the business side. Considering there's nothing to protect anything labeled C-canon if George Lucas suddenly decides to debunk it, that's really not much to go on.

So I read that entire wiki page. If you go only by George Lucas, nothing except the films is really canon. Though he also claimed there would never be another movie. So whatever that's worth. The artist in him has a deep conflict with the business side. Considering there's nothing to protect anything labeled C-canon if George Lucas suddenly decides to debunk it, that's really not much to go on.

But the fact he hasn't debunked it means we have to accept it as canon. And were not talking about an obscure EU novel, Darth Bane is a major work.

Not that I agree with Lucas, because others writers have put far more time and thought into SW than he has ever, but according to him it is of an "alternate" universe. If it belongs to a seperate universe, it begs the question of why even consider it canon at all?

Though I would be surprised if Disney doesn't do something about that in the near future.

Not that I agree with Lucas, because others writers have put far more time and thought into SW than he has ever, but according to him it is of an "alternate" universe. If it belongs to a seperate universe, it begs the question of why even consider it canon at all?

Though I would be surprised if Disney doesn't do something about that in the near future.

I'd like to see a source for this, he set up a canon system so he must have some respect for it

...Actually, I got it from the link you posted.

-----------------

In July 2001, Lucas gave his opinion on the matter of what is canon in Star Wars during an interview with Cinescape magazine:

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There's my world, which is the movies, and there's this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don't intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don't get too involved in the parallel universe."

Further, in an August 2005 interview in Starlog magazine:

STARLOG: "The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?"

LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."

Lucas' statements in Starlog were commented on in a December 7, 2005 post on the starwars.com forums by Leland Chee, who maintains Lucas Licensing's continuity database:

Some non-canon stories with alternate plotlines have been written.

CHEE: "GL is certainly not bound by the EU, though he's certainly open to using things created in it (Aayla Secura and the Coruscant name, for example). On the other hand, the quote you provide makes it sound like the EU is separate from George's vision of the Star Wars universe. It is not. The EU must follow certain tenets set by George through the films and other guidelines that he provides outside of the films."

-----------------------------------

Although Chee attempts to correct the quote, by his own laws, he cannot contradict George Lucas. Lucas then goes on to state (after the original qoute)

---------------------------

During ShoWest 2008, Lucas gave an interview where he mentioned the difference between "his world", "the licensing world" and the "fans' world":

Interviewer: "Do you think you'd have other people continue the Star Wars saga past Episode VI or turn some of the other material into films?"

Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it."

Another noteworthy exchange between Lucas and an interviewer appeared in the May 2008 edition of Total Film magazine:

TOTAL FILM: "The Star Wars universe has expanded far beyond the movies. How much leeway do the game makers and novel writers have?"

LUCAS: "They have their own kind of world. There's three pillars of Star Wars. I'll probably get in trouble for this but it's OK! There's three pillars: the father, the son and the holy ghost. I'm the father, Howard Roffman [president of Lucas Licensing] is the son and the holy ghost is the fans, this kind of ethereal world of people coming up with all kinds of different ideas and histories. Now these three different pillars don't always match, but the movies and TV shows are all under my control and they are consistent within themselves. Howard tries to be consistent but sometimes he goes off on tangents and it's hard to hold him back. He once said to me that there are two Star Trek universes: there's the TV show and then there's all the spin-offs. He said that these were completely different and didn't have anything to do with each other. So I said, "OK, go ahead." In the early days I told them that they couldn't do anything about how Darth Vader was born, for obvious reasons, but otherwise I pretty much let them do whatever they wanted. They created this whole amazing universe that goes on for millions of years!"

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

...Actually, I got it from the link you posted.

-----------------

In July 2001, Lucas gave his opinion on the matter of what is canon in Star Wars during an interview with Cinescape magazine:

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There's my world, which is the movies, and there's this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don't intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don't get too involved in the parallel universe."

Further, in an August 2005 interview in Starlog magazine:

STARLOG: "The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?"

LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."

Lucas' statements in Starlog were commented on in a December 7, 2005 post on the starwars.com forums by Leland Chee, who maintains Lucas Licensing's continuity database:

Some non-canon stories with alternate plotlines have been written.

CHEE: "GL is certainly not bound by the EU, though he's certainly open to using things created in it (Aayla Secura and the Coruscant name, for example). On the other hand, the quote you provide makes it sound like the EU is separate from George's vision of the Star Wars universe. It is not. The EU must follow certain tenets set by George through the films and other guidelines that he provides outside of the films."

-----------------------------------

Although Chee attempts to correct the quote, by his own laws, he cannot contradict George Lucas. Lucas then goes on to state (after the original qoute)

During ShoWest 2008, Lucas gave an interview where he mentioned the difference between "his world", "the licensing world" and the "fans' world":

Interviewer: "Do you think you'd have other people continue the Star Wars saga past Episode VI or turn some of the other material into films?"

Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it."

Another noteworthy exchange between Lucas and an interviewer appeared in the May 2008 edition of Total Film magazine:

TOTAL FILM: "The Star Wars universe has expanded far beyond the movies. How much leeway do the game makers and novel writers have?"

LUCAS: "They have their own kind of world. There's three pillars of Star Wars. I'll probably get in trouble for this but it's OK! There's three pillars: the father, the son and the holy ghost. I'm the father, Howard Roffman [president of Lucas Licensing] is the son and the holy ghost is the fans, this kind of ethereal world of people coming up with all kinds of different ideas and histories. Now these three different pillars don't always match, but the movies and TV shows are all under my control and they are consistent within themselves. Howard tries to be consistent but sometimes he goes off on tangents and it's hard to hold him back. He once said to me that there are two Star Trek universes: there's the TV show and then there's all the spin-offs. He said that these were completely different and didn't have anything to do with each other. So I said, "OK, go ahead." In the early days I told them that they couldn't do anything about how Darth Vader was born, for obvious reasons, but otherwise I pretty much let them do whatever they wanted. They created this whole amazing universe that goes on for millions of years!"

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

OK, I see what you mean. Even so, its no reason to say that the events of Darth Bane and silly and non-canon. I think Lucas would willingly accept them if he actually read the book :p lol - you would think the guy who made Star Wars might be interested in reading star wars books :p

EDIT: Just remembered, Darth Bane and Darth Revan where to feature in an episode of TCW as representatives of evil - so I guess there highly valued at least in the EU

Edited by Beniboybling

• 2 weeks later...