Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scaling vs power stims/relics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Scaling vs power stims/relics

fire-breath
08.23.2019 , 02:24 PM | #1
I know there is another thread to post this in but this needs to get max exposure in my opinion. This needs to be fixed before 6.0 launches. If needed please delay 6.0 till you figured out what's wrong but don't ever launch the scaling system in this current state ..... please.

So what's wrong?
Essentially any power, mastery or endurance buff won't be applied to you while being level locked. This means any mastery relic is useless when entering a sub 75 area. This means any attack adrenal is useless. This means any stim that increases mastery/power is useless.

@Eric: Can you please respond to this issue? Really would like to know if your team is working on something to fix this.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

CarlGustaf
08.23.2019 , 03:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
I know there is another thread to post this in but this needs to get max exposure in my opinion. This needs to be fixed before 6.0 launches. If needed please delay 6.0 till you figured out what's wrong but don't ever launch the scaling system in this current state ..... please.

So what's wrong?
Essentially any power, mastery or endurance buff won't be applied to you while being level locked. This means any mastery relic is useless when entering a sub 75 area. This means any attack adrenal is useless. This means any stim that increases mastery/power is useless.

@Eric: Can you please respond to this issue? Really would like to know if your team is working on something to fix this.
Well, that is the case since 4.0 on every single instance so I doubt they will change it. I hope otherwise.
My suggestion would be to get a percentage multiplier for each level, for example, power, mastery and endurance get scaled-down with 0.8 of the level 75 Stat total. So better gear will increase these stats also in the older content.
Natsu Dragonslayer Eideley
YOLO on T3-M4

Gimp aus Leidenschaft

olagatonjedi
08.24.2019 , 09:44 AM | #3

So what's wrong?

Considering gear will be coming in droves, i dont feel this is a big issue. And stims and adrenals are easy enough to acquire, just carry both versions.

fire-breath
08.27.2019 , 04:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Considering gear will be coming in droves, i dont feel this is a big issue. And stims and adrenals are easy enough to acquire, just carry both versions.
I think you miss the point here olagatonjedi.
I'm not talking about gearing up. I'm talking about how a power stim doesn't work while being level locked.

For example, and this is real data by the way.
When standing on fleet I have 112.296 mastery and 7.180 power.
When entering hammerstation I get scaled to 7.390 mastery and 3.569 power.
This part is still fine.

However.
When I use an attack adrenal my power goes to ........ 3.569 power (yes, it does not change at all).
When my mastery relic procs my mastery goes to ...... 7.390 mastery (yes, also doesn't work).

As all operation and flashpoint content now becomes scaled, why would anyone need those relics anymore? They don't work for PvE content.
Obviously, I can use accuracy stims, crit/alacrity relics and crit/alac adrenals. But that's not my point. My point is that scaling is breaking the use of mastery, power and endurance procs/boosts.

@eric or anyone else from bioware: It would be very nice if someone could please respond at this issue. Please listen to your community on this one ....
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

Toraak
08.27.2019 , 04:52 PM | #5
I'm not talking about gearing up. I'm talking about how a power stim doesn't work while being level locked.

This part is still fine.

However.
When I use an attack adrenal my power goes to ........ 3.569 power (yes, it does not change at all).
When my mastery relic procs my mastery goes to ...... 7.390 mastery (yes, also doesn't work).

As all operation and flashpoint content now becomes scaled, why would anyone need those relics anymore? They don't work for PvE content.
Obviously, I can use accuracy stims, crit/alacrity relics and crit/alac adrenals. But that's not my point. My point is that scaling is breaking the use of mastery, power and endurance procs/boosts.

@eric or anyone else from bioware: It would be very nice if someone could please respond at this issue. Please listen to your community on this one ....
question, why wouldn't you use a Devastating vengeance relic then, which should work in area's where your level locked? Getting one of those shouldn't be to hard if we are getting gear in droves.

Another words use 2 different relics for when your level locked, and the normal SA/FR relics for level 75 content. You could also use either Adrenals to increase Critical for 15 seconds or Alacrity for 15 seconds in Level locked content.

So carry for level 75 content SA/FR relics, and Attack adrenals
Carry for level locked content DV/Primeval Fateseeler (which may now be a useful clicky relic), and either Critical or Alacrity Adrenals.

This isn't a perfect solution, but it would fix the issue of having useless relics and adrenals.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

olagatonjedi
08.27.2019 , 05:32 PM | #6

This part is still fine.

However.

I understand exactly what you're saying. My point is that the previous issue with relics and stats were that there was literally 1 best option for all gear, and it was relatively easy to conclude. With level scaling, those power and mastery relics arent as efficient as the empheral mending or crit relics now, in the scaled areas. It creates a more dynamic, and less stale, gaming experience.

Players have given feedback regarding the uselessness of all the other relics, so this is a great way to integrate them, and give them purpose within the game. Just like class utilities, there will be optimal gearing selections that will provide more beneficial to completing the content.