Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

All that new mess on PTS is too much, we just want 2 set bonuses <Rant>

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
All that new mess on PTS is too much, we just want 2 set bonuses <Rant>

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
08.18.2019 , 07:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by frennky View Post
I disagree. The Devs are going in right direction, this just needs to be refined. Horizontal gear progression is more fun than vertical.

And I think they should go even further. When it comes to PvE, secret or simply any NiM bosses there should be tacticals that interact with mechanics in interesting ways. We already have the dreadguard mask that counters boss mechanic, there should be more items like that. Tacticals are a way to implement that. Ways to change a mechanic so each fight can be tuned to specific group or simply make fight different instead of same every time. These tacticals should be a trade-off, negate or mitigate a mechanic but with some side effects. That way you're not nerfing the fight you're just tuning it for your group.
Agreed.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.18.2019 , 08:43 AM | #12
From what I saw, there is really no testing going on. People are just running around on Odesson not really going out to do some testing. Yes a few are but most are just standing around playing with their AOE on people logging into Odesson.

I logged into Odesson, got the armor I thought would work for my character and then went and did the black hole, came back to make some adjustments and the same people were there throwing out AOE.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Bonzenaattori's Avatar


Bonzenaattori
08.18.2019 , 10:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
From what I saw, there is really no testing going on. People are just running around on Odesson not really going out to do some testing. Yes a few are but most are just standing around playing with their AOE on people logging into Odesson.

I logged into Odesson, got the armor I thought would work for my character and then went and did the black hole, came back to make some adjustments and the same people were there throwing out AOE.
What do you expect? Real testing will take you.. roughly 30 mins if you try everything out (it took me that long at least)
What more do you want? people to quit and go on retail? Sure, then test servers would probably be empty. Some people will want to do other stuff, cant really blame them for that, especially if theres nothing to do on official servers xD

Anyway, I think the set bonus selection is great!
In terms of frequency at least, the effects on the otherhand... well, 90% of them feel like filler to me.
I'd rather if they did something more fun... like sets without a 6piece, should have 6/6 effect - Gives you 1 utility point or something.
Just so people who don't have 6 set bonus or dont like the bonuses can at least get something. If it appeals to them at the very least..

Besides that, amplification is unfinished, and none of them work (at least the ones i tried. I didn't try the crafting ones, and some of them i just couldn't be bothered to confirm)
The tacticals have gross balancing issues.
Powertech only has 1 maybe 2 good tacticals,
juggernauts are going to tear this patch apart!
That's all im going to say xd

Skummy's Avatar


Skummy
08.18.2019 , 11:27 AM | #14
You really think theirs gonna be different builds lol. Have you not played dcuo its the exact same thing one power about 100 different loadouts but one meta for pvp and pve. This gearing system is more nonsense and moving away from gearing alts is not good. You make the game stale if you have to play one character all the freaking time. people hated 4.0 but atleast for vets it was easy to gear all your characters and now lolololol.Gearing in FFXIV is the gold standard, basic but it works and if it aint broken dont fix it. RUN THE CONTENT YOU GET THE GEAR. Going away from the com system was the one of the dumbest things that the devs could of done now we have this wierd meth head tweeker gearing that people love so much.
StarForge/Satele Shan

fire-breath's Avatar


fire-breath
08.18.2019 , 11:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
From what I saw, there is really no testing going on. People are just running around on Odesson not really going out to do some testing. Yes a few are but most are just standing around playing with their AOE on people logging into Odesson.

I logged into Odesson, got the armor I thought would work for my character and then went and did the black hole, came back to make some adjustments and the same people were there throwing out AOE.
And the people that you DID NOT see on odessen are actually testing out things. Why do I want to be on Odessen to test out abilities?
Parsing for dps I do on the rishi stronghold. When I need enemies that fight back I jump to a daily area or flashpoint.


Anyways. Regarding what OP said. I disagree with the notion that this is too much. Horizontal gearing can be quite interesting if done well. It's now our job to tell the devs what we have seen and think of the system. It's ofc your prerogative to ask to remove all these things but it's very unlikely this will happen.

Also please note that if something is not good enough, not working or just too strong. This is the PTS. Its entire goal is find out these things and help out the devs with our ideas. Lets make the best of it!
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

chipequssmlgpro's Avatar


chipequssmlgpro
08.18.2019 , 12:07 PM | #16
Amplifiers are total bs. What they should have done is focus on things that are actually usefull, for instance, slightly more Power/Critical, something like higher Shield/Absorb chance or just flat Shield/Absorb, instead, we're getting some bs like less damage from dots or more damage dealt by FIRST attack out of combat, like, let's be honest here, who's even gonna use that? Probably only people that just got into the game and will think this is good, but it's actually garbage. Don't get me wrong, Amplifier system is a really neat idea but it needs so much more tweaking and actual stats that are gonna matter in both PvE and PvP. I dunno who thought about all of these pointless bonuses/stats but they need to rethink it.

About Tacticals, like some other people said it already above, there should be like 5? Tacticals per class. Not per spec, but per class. Why, would you ask me? Because currently if I'm not mistaken each class has like 15? or even more Tacticals and only like 3 or 4 is actually usefull for something. In my opinion Bioware is trying so hard to roll out so many things at once, and that's a mistake. We can discuss about all of it on forums but in the end Bioware will do what they always do, just roll everything out and then tweak it on retail after a month or two when game got broken by stupid Amplifiers, Tacticals in mostly PvP.

For all I care Bioware can even delay the expansion just to fix everything, that could have been avoided if PTS launched like 2-3 months ago, and not like what, 2 or even less months before official Onslaught launch? I would rather have good launch rather than something close to Shadow of Revan launch.

Not to mention the gearing system we got since 5.0, cxp boxes, unassembled components, crafting. They should have just stucked to the comm system, that's when SWTOR felt like an actual MMO with sort of gearing progression.
Don't get me wrong, the gearing changes they have done now with Legacy left side is really great! I was so happy to hear it, but then they had to make actual gear sets Legacy bound as well for whatever reason, not to mention Set bonuses being stuck to the SHELLS instead of armorings, now all the legacy weapons, gears we've grinded since ages can just get thrown away. Imo they should have just did Legacy left side and that's it.

<FARMING COMPONENTS>

https://www.twitch.tv/chipequss

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
08.18.2019 , 01:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Skummy View Post
You really think theirs gonna be different builds lol. Have you not played dcuo its the exact same thing one power about 100 different loadouts but one meta for pvp and pve. This gearing system is more nonsense and moving away from gearing alts is not good. You make the game stale if you have to play one character all the freaking time. people hated 4.0 but atleast for vets it was easy to gear all your characters and now lolololol.Gearing in FFXIV is the gold standard, basic but it works and if it aint broken dont fix it. RUN THE CONTENT YOU GET THE GEAR. Going away from the com system was the one of the dumbest things that the devs could of done now we have this wierd meth head tweeker gearing that people love so much.
This idiotic gearing was added to keep you busy in the long run... Normally this should be done with content.. lots of it, but since they are unable to deliver that much, they are giving us grinds.

And If you thought Ossus is bad.. ? Wait till you see 6.0. You'd kill for another Ossus.
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
08.18.2019 , 02:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I agree with the trap for new players... Yeah story players and casuals will think that what they get is cool.. but it really isn't. As usual Bioware makes things for the casual playerbase as they are the most numerous. Engame PvP-ers, Nim Raiders, HM runners are just 5-10% of the current player base.
As a story playing casual, I have to say, this wasn't designed for me. For me, simpler is better. I logged on, looked at the different vendors and felt overwhelmed, so instead of testing the gear I went and checked out aspects of the game that don't require gear. When this goes live I'll wait for the theorycrafters to tell me what I should get.

PupPupandAway's Avatar


PupPupandAway
08.19.2019 , 11:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by chipequssmlgpro View Post
Amplifiers are total bs. [...] Don't get me wrong, Amplifier system is a really neat idea but it needs so much more tweaking and actual stats that are gonna matter in both PvE and PvP. I dunno who thought about all of these pointless bonuses/stats but they need to rethink it.

[...]For all I care Bioware can even delay the expansion just to fix everything, that could have been avoided if PTS launched like 2-3 months ago, and not like what, 2 or even less months before official Onslaught launch? I would rather have good launch rather than something close to Shadow of Revan launch.
I'm not sure I even have anything left to say after this. Amplifiers are completely RNG and could be anything from "greatly affects gameplay" (people who re-roll to get combat-related amplifiers at high percentage) to "does something?" (What the heck does "Unlucky" even really DO?)

Why in the world is this even on the PTS without any real attempt to make it something players would want? Who thought this was something we *would* want, in anywhere near its present state?

commanderwar's Avatar


commanderwar
08.20.2019 , 12:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
Sorry, I disagree. I feel we need more options in the game. Enough of this cookie cutter build everyone currently has.

I do hope when this goes live, when you select your spec, it's reflected in the vendors. Right now every single piece of gear, mod, armoring, enhancement, etc. is popping up so it a tad confusing which gear to select from. If I'm a Marksman Sniper, I shouldn't see gear or other stuff designed for Engineering or Lethality.

Regardless, it's ok you feel this way. Others may agree but others may not. Were all in this together.
Quote: Originally Posted by frennky View Post
I disagree. The Devs are going in right direction, this just needs to be refined. Horizontal gear progression is more fun than vertical.

And I think they should go even further. When it comes to PvE, secret or simply any NiM bosses there should be tacticals that interact with mechanics in interesting ways. We already have the dreadguard mask that counters boss mechanic, there should be more items like that. Tacticals are a way to implement that. Ways to change a mechanic so each fight can be tuned to specific group or simply make fight different instead of same every time. These tacticals should be a trade-off, negate or mitigate a mechanic but with some side effects. That way you're not nerfing the fight you're just tuning it for your group.
I agree completely more options to customize gearing is always good IMO.
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx