Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Required Conquest point totals seem too high

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Required Conquest point totals seem too high
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Akushii
07.25.2019 , 11:55 AM | #11
This is perfectly fine. Currently getting Conquest is way too easy. By the end of the week, I have several toons on 60-150K conquest, and that's by doing everyday stuff. Currently if you run an Operation, you end up with around 20K points. Even more if the operation is part of the conquest objective. We've regularly had to have players switch out 3-4 bosses in an operation because their character just hit objective, and probably get a second character close to conquest by the end of the OP.

Conquest shouldn't be something you get done after just 1-2 activities. It should at least take 2-3 days of 1-2 activity per day. You should be able to get 3-5 characters to conquest, not 10-15 characters per week (as many have been doing since the last conquest changes). If nothing else, look at the cost of Charged Matter on GTN. It has dropped from 2 mil to about 600-700K because of how easy it has become to earn conquest.

This has made many of the large guilds to opt out of going for large yield to medium/small because the reward has become meaningless for large yield (because too many people are getting them, saturating the market).

Going back to 50K, will ensure that the rewards are worthwhile and we will go back to having 3-4 characters meeting conquest rather than 10-15 per account.

Darev
07.25.2019 , 11:58 AM | #12
I was actually going to make a post about some conquest related changes I noticed yesterday that are going to affect other things.

1. The 50k point goal. I balked at that at first. Then I noticed some things.
A) More conquest points for random npc kills. Normal/Silver/Gold - all the conquest points were increased.
B) Level sync was altered. Instead of being put to 12 on Korriban, I was put to 10. That means fewer gray mobs and more conquest points overall. This pattern was followed for both DK and Balmorra (only 3 planets I checked).
C) It looked like the "mission completion" points were buffed as well. yesterday I thought they were the same, but I just realized I didn't have XP armor equipped and didn't have the SH bonus.

2. Aggro range is heightened dramatically.
A) Will allow you to aggro mobs more quickly. Faster kills = faster completion.
B) I know you're not supposed to have an A w/o a B....but what I was going to put here I'm moving to next spot

3. Not specifically related to conquest:
A) Level Sync changes and Aggro range increase means that heroics that used to be really fast, will take longer.
B) Toxic Bombs for example. You go in and kill the mobs in pairs. On TC, the first pair died normally. The 2nd pair, on my melee TC toon, I was close enough to aggro the pair in the back corner. The level sync changes made them hit harder and even with my influence 25 healer companion, AND kitted out with the "uber" gear from the Odessan vendors, I had to stealth out to avoid getting killed.

There's some balance that needs to be done at the low end of the game on TC right now.

Even CZ198, from what I saw in another post, the aggro range is such that mobs in another room were attacking the player making the post.

It might not be skytrooper bad, but it's different than how it's been.

If the devs are going to keep it, the players will need to adjust.
Which, in my opinion, is NOT the time to increase to 50k points personal goal.

Shirvington
07.25.2019 , 12:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric
50k for personal is still WAY too much. Your goal was to get more people to achieve Conquest, and while on Live it might be easier than anticipated, the PTS changes are an overcorrection. You want more people to achieve Conquest but maybe not quite so easily. Something more reasonable would be 30k for Personal. 300k for small guild, 1.25m medium, 2.5m large.

Shirvington
07.25.2019 , 12:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Akushii View Post
You should be able to get 3-5 characters to conquest.
Why? There is no basis for "3-5" toons per week. In fact, BW has stated they wanted more people to achieve Conquest with the Conquest exp conversion, so "3-5" is a step backwards (and clearly just your opinion).

Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
A) More conquest points for random npc kills. Normal/Silver/Gold - all the conquest points were increased.
It's double exp on the PTS too. So it just appears that the kill exp rewards are higher. They really aren't.

TrixxieTriss
07.25.2019 , 12:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric
I hope that means you will also be adjusting the types of conquest activities. Ie, this weeks activities are terrible for small guilds or solo players. Everything seems to be around Master mode flash points and not planetary activities or rampages.

Itís all well and good to up the totals, but you need to make them fair for everyone. Not just the top guilds. Remember less grind equals more fun. More grind equals people leaving the game.

One of the best things youíve done with conquest in 2 years was only 5 weeks ago when you eased up on the way to accumulate points. It actually made conquest fun again and people who hadnít done it for a long time started to participate.

Please donít take 2 steps back now and make it worse than before.

I feel like this is another nail in the swtor coffin. Reading this thread has made me not want to bother testing anything on the pts if you guys STILL havenít learnt from past mistakes with conquest. I really do hope I am wrong. But every time I give you guys the benefit of the doubt, you burn us. My gut tells me this is about to happen again. Please prove me wrong.

UlaVii
07.25.2019 , 12:53 PM | #16
I agree with TrixxieTriss; the increase in points has encouraged more of my guild members to get involved with CQ. They just do normal activities and then realise they have also made a fair amount of CQ points which brings them close to getting our guild CQ rewards so they put a bit more effort in and take on a few CQ objectives to reach the goal line.

It really seems you are disconnected from CQ and guilds in general. You spend too long looking at statistics instead of the enjoyment level of players. The point balance right now is great. People get rewards easily which makes them happy. Sure the rewards are pretty crap but just getting a "you have won something" popup makes people happy. Please stop breaking things that don't need fixing

Goreshaga
07.25.2019 , 01:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I hope that means you will also be adjusting the types of conquest activities. Ie, this weeks activities are terrible for small guilds or solo players. Everything seems to be around Master mode flash points and not planetary activities or rampages.

Itís all well and good to up the totals, but you need to make them fair for everyone. Not just the top guilds. Remember less grind equals more fun. More grind equals people leaving the game.

One of the best things youíve done with conquest in 2 years was only 5 weeks ago when you eased up on the way to accumulate points. It actually made conquest fun again and people who hadnít done it for a long time started to participate.

All this

As a solo player who has some alts in a small guild where i'm curently the only active player, i never really bothered with conquest before the last change that made it achievable by playing however i want to play and playing the content I want to play.

If it becomes again achievable only by playing content i don't like, i'll just not bother with it anymore than before, because it was not fun t-hen and it'll not be fun now either...
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

MacCleoud
07.25.2019 , 02:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
I agree with TrixxieTriss; the increase in points has encouraged more of my guild members to get involved with CQ. They just do normal activities and then realise they have also made a fair amount of CQ points which brings them close to getting our guild CQ rewards so they put a bit more effort in and take on a few CQ objectives to reach the goal line.

It really seems you are disconnected from CQ and guilds in general. You spend too long looking at statistics instead of the enjoyment level of players. The point balance right now is great. People get rewards easily which makes them happy. Sure the rewards are pretty crap but just getting a "you have won something" popup makes people happy. Please stop breaking things that don't need fixing
I think they are a little low, not too much, but definitely a little low. I would think 20-25K would be just about the sweet spot for conquest. It doesn't put too much of a strain on what we have now. I do agree that the objectives need to be updated. I have been asking for more differing types of objectives for a long time. Right now, I don't need anyone to help me hit the small guild goal, I can do this on my own and get 15 toons across the line easily. I would like it a little bit higher. 20k per per person and 225K per guild would be a little harder for ME, but I don't think it would be overly drastic of a jump for a guild of more 4 or more people that is already hitting the mark. (small yield is all i am doing so not sure the numbers of people for the mid and large yields).

Getting to conquest in 30-45 minutes is way to easy right now.

Balameb
07.25.2019 , 02:52 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post

I feel like this is another nail in the swtor coffin. Reading this thread has made me not want to bother testing anything on the pts if you guys STILL havenít learnt from past mistakes with conquest. I really do hope I am wrong. But every time I give you guys the benefit of the doubt, you burn us. My gut tells me this is about to happen again. Please prove me wrong.
I also completle agree with this.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

MorseGod
07.25.2019 , 03:13 PM | #20
What the hell is wrong with the dev team?

Conquest used to be a relatively easy grind. A grind, but not horrible. Then you guys came along and radically nerfed the points we get for objectives. Then you made some corrections and we all got used to the new grind.

Then you gave us conquest points for everything, and there was MUCH REJOICING from every single person that has a life outside of SWTOR.

Now you want to go back to screwing everyone but the largest guilds.

Come up with one consistent design philosophy that is PLAYER-CENTERED and stick to it.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.