If an item has been binded to you can your companion use it after that?

Firestein

some of the items i have looted have binded to me without my puting them in the gear slot. what i need to know is if my companion can use them anyway.

Yes. Bound items can be worn by your companions as well as you.

And there is also a simple way to discover answers to these kinds of questions which may save you some time in the future, which is actually testing it by putting them on your companion.

Not to mention that companions can not only wear "bind on pickup" gear, but they can also wear gear that has been bound to you because you have been wearing it.

Bound items are restricted from player to player trading or mailing them or putting them to GTN.

The only unexpectable fly in this particular ointment is that gear which has a "Class requirement" can't be equipped by any Companion, since their "class" is their name.

This reasoning behind this is so that they can give you Companion-only and self-only gear and not deal with disparities between classes. If, say, Aric Jorgen could equip 'Trooper' gear, it would be an advantage for Troopers compared to other classes while they're leveling up.

Admittedly they really ought to explain this better in-game, because a LOT of people seem confused by the restrictions on class-specific gear.

This reasoning behind this is so that they can give you Companion-only and self-only gear and not deal with disparities between classes.

While I can see that you may be right that this is the rationalisation the devs used, it is specious compared to the disparity between the usefulness of companions granted to different classes at different levels. It's also trivial; being able to wear "appropriate" class gear would be an advantage to all companions that are a different "apparent class" to your character for when you find "class only" stuff that your character isn't eligible for but the "apparent class" of the companion would make them eligible.

Since TorHead actually lists companions under classes, I think it's more likely that it's just a database design decision to use the "class" field for Companions to store their name.