If this can cheer you up....

Angedechu

There was a DIII effect, we should not beat about the bush.

But...the Diablo effect was widespread. On virtually single PC multiplayers games (Leagues of Legends, World of Warcraft....) there is a sharp drop in player activity last week.

In my WoW guild, over half of the pop is playing D3 ! And most will play a couple of classes in Normal, then return. Let's not desperate.

(Claims that the game is the biggest failure ever are widely exaggerated. TOR is doing better than lots of MMOs release since 2004. Granted, it's not the top of barrel...)

Yeah D3 seems to be taking up a lot of people on my server as well. After playing it, I dont think it will keep peoples interest very long. It was ok

im having alot of fun playing d3... more fun then playing on an empty TOR server:(

It's a faster rise and fall then Warhammer. The bottom is dropping out right now and no one knows where rock bottom is, it's one of the reasons we have no word on mergers - they don't know how many servers to cut down to because people are still leaving.

A little realism would help.

D3 on normal, the mode that most players will play, require you to actively try to die. (Or like I did for the two three times I died, be on the phone when a big pack come)

TOR is not falling as bad as Warhammer.

im having alot of fun playing d3... more fun then playing on an empty TOR server:(

oh im sure. Im in the same boat trust me lol. When my server was healthy, D3 couldnt equal the fun I had then. Once transfers happen Ill be back to having that fun again.

D3 is a one trick pony and while that trick is awesome, it just wont last very long.

Well... so yea, I played it for a bit. I was huge D2 fan etc. etc. But.... now, I don't find it as appealing. The perspective, the story the graphics... it pales incomparision to other games and most notably TOR. And yea, waves of monsters come out of no where, but... there is nothing novel in that. Reminds me of console game tbh.

Some may find it strange that I'm back working on my alts as TOR armagedon is upon us. But I'm having a blast.

Waiting for the "bury your head in the sand " comment.

.... no one said it was..

And yet, despite the fact that D3 is not an MMO, it's the game people constantly have referred to when talking about the "next big thing", besides GW2. I think my friends who are enjoying BF3 are, and will, be enjoying D3 for much the same reason.....lots of mindless slaughter. Nothing wrong with that, and they play MMO's for very different reasons. Kind of pointless to compare them. The BF3 channel in our Mumble server will just serve double duty as a D3 channel for the people who want the slaughterfest a night or two a week, and hopefully server merges will come sooner rather than later.

Population is all my guildies find lacking in the game currently. Only a couple of us raced to endgame content and they'd be back to do ops now that the rest of us have toons at 50 if our server had enough people to support pvp WZ (we're on a pvp server). I still have plenty of hope for the game, but then again, I feel like I've heard the doom and gloom speech for every MMO I've played every time I new game has come out in competition with it. Even when it wasn't, as is the case with D3, a new MMO.

Greetings everyone!

We ask that threads in the Community forum revolve around topics about or affecting the community of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since the topic of this thread is primarily the discussion of other games, we are going to close this for being off-topic to this forum.

Thank you for your understanding!