Amazon solved the no grace period fiasco

Mitchyslick

Too bad there's a bunch of other retailers that aren't Amazon who still have made no indication that they will be doing something similar.

Can't speak for other retailers. But Amazon is a stand up company and will make good on their ****. Glad to see them step up and do the right thing. As far as Wal Mart, good luck with that.

Read the comments under that post and it seems there are still mixed messages. Even if the information is accurate, I still probably won't get the CE I ordered back in July arrive in Australia until around new years. So either way, I've paid a premium and will be put at a disadvantage. The reasonable thing to do would be to offer free game time to people in my situation who will miss out on the first couple of weeks of play due to living outside the US. If EA isn't going to do something about this then I'll cancel my order since it's not to late. There's absolutely no logical reason why my pre-order is good enough to get me a few days early access but not good enough to get me playing when the game's actually launched. Why should I have to wait for a couple of weeks of shipping for a modern, online game where I won't even need the physical installation media anyway? Why can't they simply email me a code when I've paid for the game or something similar? This whole situation defies logic.

I'm assuming EA had to give them the go ahead to do this so I'd say it was probably a joint effort.

Maybe but Amazon much larger and stronger company than EA. So it probably went something like this.

EA>We ****ed up do something amazon.com.

Amazon>We got it, don't worry about it. We care about our customers, we will fix this.

Read the comments under that post and it seems there are still mixed messages. Even if the information is accurate, I still probably won't get the CE I ordered back in July arrive in Australia until around new years. So either way, I've paid a premium and will be put at a disadvantage. The reasonable thing to do would be to offer free game time to people in my situation who will miss out on the first couple of weeks of play due to living outside the US. If EA isn't going to do something about this then I'll cancel my order since it's not to late. There's absolutely no logical reason why my pre-order is good enough to get me a few days early access but not good enough to get me playing when the game's actually launched. Why should I have to wait for a couple of weeks of shipping for a modern, online game where I won't even need the physical installation media anyway? Why can't they simply email me a code when I've paid for the game or something similar? This whole situation defies logic.

So just who is responsible for your shipping dates and who is going to pay for your free time? NO why should you get something that I can't have.. sure i don't live where you do but 1) amazon is the one you ordered from, maybe they will pay your $15 of time and open your code for you to play early. (doubt it) 2) bioware will just say it is out of their hands, as it is as they are NOT the distributors !!!!! and those people are not watching these forums. I will pick my CE up from the store i ordered it from on 12/20 and go to work till 4 then come home and apply my code and play. do i miss some play time? yes... do i care? NO

EDIT: oh are you one of those that will tell a computer repair shop you don't want your data backed up and you can format and recover the system in any way needed and then yell at them after they did that but didn't call you saying that they'd be doing what you asked??? AND expect it just because you paid for one service but not the other?

you knew it'd ship and take a long time due to where you are. you ordered it and assumed it'd be shipped for a certain date that wasn't even announced yet.

Darth Freki

Edited by DarthFreki

Maybe but Amazon much larger and stronger company than EA. So it probably went something like this.

EA>We ****ed up do something amazon.com.

Amazon>We got it, don't worry about it. We care about our customers, we will fix this.

That is not how it works, so no.

They can't deliver games earlier than the "street date" without permission from the publisher less they want to possibly lose the business of said publisher.

So it probably went something like this:

EA: Can you ship ToR early so people get it before the 20th?

Amazon: Yes.

Edited by Hypernetic

Anyone in the Oceanic area have thier shipping estimate updated yet? If so what date is the expectation of the delivery date?

Not yet, but if they decide to ship it on the 15th that'd be great, might even get it before xmas.

Im talking to a clown on Amazon now who says the early release is false and that even though I pre-ordered in July my game wont get to me in Australia til 23 - 29 Dec... I then told them to check the item description on amazon.com and it specifically states now "release date December 16,2011"

That means I should be towards the front of the line and since i paid for the 2-5 day international shipping it should be 18 - 21 December.

The Live Chat muppet now has no idea what to say, has asked me if they can put me on hold for 2-3 minutes whilst they find out whats going on.

Hilarious!

Anyone in the Oceanic area have thier shipping estimate updated yet? If so what date is the expectation of the delivery date?

I cancelled my Amazon order and went online, got key, registered key, upgraded to CE and set up subscription. All to easy!

So just who is responsible for your shipping dates and who is going to pay for your free time? NO why should you get something that I can't have.. sure i don't live where you do but 1) amazon is the one you ordered from, maybe they will pay your $15 of time and open your code for you to play early. (doubt it) 2) bioware will just say it is out of their hands, as it is as they are NOT the distributors !!!!! and those people are not watching these forums. I will pick my CE up from the store i ordered it from on 12/20 and go to work till 4 then come home and apply my code and play. do i miss some play time? yes... do i care? NO

Grats for missing the point. Why should I be paying for something I'm not getting? I pre-ordered the game so that I can get it in time for release. Why bother pre-ordering otherwise? Sure I know it takes time to send a box but I don't actually need that box to install the game. If they can get me in for early game access then would it really be that hard for EA to provide some way for payment confirmation to let me in on release day? Send key by email or something. It is their screwup because they've tied release day play to actually having a physical copy of the game which is clearly not possible for many people who want the CE. By not allowing a grace period or providing any alternative, they've ensured that a lof of people will be stuck waiting before they can play the game they've legitimately paid for.

That is not how it works, so no.

They can't deliver games earlier than the "street date" without permission from the publisher less they want to possibly lose the business of said publisher.

So it probably went something like this:

EA: Can you ship ToR early so people get it before the 20th?

Amazon: Yes.

I hope you realize that your example is a bit redundant. In both situations EA asks Amazon to cooperate. That would imply EA(The publisher) is giving them authority to ship early. Correction fail.