what is Awesome since KOTFE and what should be and what isnt working, your thoughts?

Foreignobjects

overall i like what they have done with our game, yea some nerfs ,but some great fixes. lets start with what they have added that is good.

1. Adjusting flashpoints, planetary quests, ops, heroics, all to the level you are at, so at level 33 you can go back to corusant , and be down bolstered so you get xp for doing the quests, GREAT add, and with the ops and flashpoints its awesome too, cause at max level, doing hm EV lets you get some nice gear.

2, SOLO flash points, ok so some people just dont like to group up with people, this game is not a sandbox mmo, its a theme park mmo, so it makes sense they did this, glad they did it, cause i can go and do every flashpoint i want , just to see the storys if i havent done it.

3. outfit designer , ok thats all that needs to be said about that, ive been screaming for this ever since launch. its awesome , except theh credit dump in equiping items... but other then that WOOT.

4. the kotor type conversation mode added to some of the new companions on odessen and the star fortress companions on the various planets, feels like they are trying to make some stuff more like kotor which is cool as hell.

5. Gathering profession update, now you can go to say Yavin , or corellia, as a level 1 slicer and immedietly start harvesting nodes , you dont have to be the required level to harvest or pick up the resource anymore, another AWESOME feature, helps level u faster , cause you level your characters actual level if you Just do the story mode faster then you can level your crafting profession/gathering proffession, so it makes sense why they did it,

now this is what i dont really like about swtor atm, and what they didnt really change with kotfe

1. i hate GSF, i think its a failure, but after playing jump to lightspeed "swg"s space , is the best space EVER, i cant get into gsf, i actually like the regular space missions better then gsf,

2. lack of player crafted substaning items, like armor repair and weapon repair kits, instead its another credit dump, it would give the player base something more to do if we had stuff like that , they could do alot, but its not very game breaking that it isn't in the game, just thought i would mention it, cause that would make the game just that much better, but as i said this game IS NOT a sandbox mmo, it is a theme park mmo, so yea .

3. the pvp maps, and modes, they need to have 8 v 8 death match , style kill count wins modes, heck just let us do death matches on the maps that exist with 8 players, cause i LOVE 4v4 arena , but it never pops, so yea, another thing they should let u q up for what map and what you wanto do in pvp, if you wanto q up for 4v4 you should be able to check mark it, like the Grioup finder, if you wanto just do hutt ball , you uncheck everything but the hutt ball maps, , but over alli really think if they added the respawning deathmatch modes to new maps, and the current maps, alderan , Void star ship, the hutt ball maps, DANG that wiould rule, id pvp again, for sure,

ANYWAY, thats my mini review of the current status of the game after kotfe , oh yea, and ADD A CROSS HILT SABER!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is a repost of my post in another post . i replied too but i think the stuff i posted is worth its own topic

Edited by Foreignobjects

overall i like what they have done with our game, yea some nerfs ,but some great fixes. lets start with what they have added that is good.

1. Adjusting flashpoints, planetary quests, ops, heroics, all to the level you are at, so at level 33 you can go back to corusant , and be down bolstered so you get xp for doing the quests, GREAT add, and with the ops and flashpoints its awesome too, cause at max level, doing hm EV lets you get some nice gear.

the LS is the stupiest idea, they ever came up with, acception to the ops^^

and the flashpoint gear is just a much crab as it ever was!

2, SOLO flash points, ok so some people just dont like to group up with people, this game is not a sandbox mmo, its a theme park mmo, so it makes sense they did this, glad they did it, cause i can go and do every flashpoint i want , just to see the storys if i havent done it.

solo fp for the ones required in sl ok, but not any more!

3. outfit designer , ok thats all that needs to be said about that, ive been screaming for this ever since launch. its awesome , except theh credit dump in equiping items... but other then that WOOT.

this designer could also be added to the comps^^

4. the kotor type conversation mode added to some of the new companions on odessen and the star fortress companions on the various planets, feels like they are trying to make some stuff more like kotor which is cool as hell.

just basicly, it's just a less waste of time, doing this ****

5. Gathering profession update, now you can go to say Yavin , or corellia, as a level 1 slicer and immedietly start harvesting nodes , you dont have to be the required level to harvest or pick up the resource anymore, another AWESOME feature, helps level u faster , cause you level your characters actual level if you Just do the story mode faster then you can level your crafting profession/gathering proffession, so it makes sense why they did it,

it's absolutly senseless, since they kept the professions minimum requirement!

now this is what i dont really like about swtor atm, and what they didnt really change with kotfe

1. i hate GSF, i think its a failure, but after playing jump to lightspeed "swg"s space , is the best space EVER, i cant get into gsf, i actually like the regular space missions better then gsf,

what?

2. lack of player crafted substaning items, like armor repair and weapon repair kits, instead its another credit dump, it would give the player base something more to do if we had stuff like that , they could do alot, but its not very game breaking that it isn't in the game, just thought i would mention it, cause that would make the game just that much better, but as i said this game IS NOT a sandbox mmo, it is a theme park mmo, so yea .

yeah having even more stuff to kill the inventory, and the base materials are even increasing theyr prices to a point, where crafting anything becomes completly insanely!

3. the pvp maps, and modes, they need to have 8 v 8 death match , style kill count wins modes, heck just let us do death matches on the maps that exist with 8 players, cause i LOVE 4v4 arena , but it never pops, so yea, another thing they should let u q up for what map and what you wanto do in pvp, if you wanto q up for 4v4 you should be able to check mark it, like the Grioup finder, if you wanto just do hutt ball , you uncheck everything but the hutt ball maps, , but over alli really think if they added the respawning deathmatch modes to new maps, and the current maps, alderan , Void star ship, the hutt ball maps, DANG that wiould rule, id pvp again, for sure,

the only thing to choose in this, should be 4on4 or 8on8, nothing else! and for mostly, this deathmatch thing would kill the pvp section!

ANYWAY, thats my mini review of the current status of the game after kotfe , oh yea, and ADD A CROSS HILT SABER!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is a repost of my post in another post . i replied too but i think the stuff i posted is worth its own topic

after reading this, i got the impression, that your one of those, who my guild is reffering to as a dental brace johnny!

after reading this, i got the impression, that your one of those, who my guild is reffering to as a dental brace johnny!

Not sure what a dental brace johnny is but it sounds like an insult and there's no need simply because the guy's opinion is different to your own. :rolleyes:

- I have no opinion on level sync. It's nice that it's there but if it suddenly wasn't, oh well.

- I enjoy SOLO FPs, they let me stroll through the content at my own pace and go as quickly or slowly as I want through dialogs without anyone yelling "SPACEBAR FFS!!".

- The outfit designer is great, I do enjoy playing dress up.

Don't really have much to say on the OPs other points, they're not really something I care about.

Biggest downside to KotFE for me personally is the "one size fits all" approach of it. I miss the variation in story--the minor dialog differences depending on your choices aren't enough incentive to run 3+ toons through all the Chapters and it tends to become a drag. I'm also not a big fan of the fact that your class companion is now becoming everybody's companion. It really feels like they're slowly eliminating everything that used to give your specific class it's own flavor and I'm not a fan of that.

Overall though I still do enjoy playing and just focus on the things in-game that keep it fun for me rather than frustrate myself over the things I'm not too happy with.

Things I like:

1) Heroics as the new dailies. Brought new life to heroics that had pretty much gone unnoticed for years. I also enjoy getting the lockboxes with the companion gifts and armor sets.

2) Level sync. I was skeptical of this at first, but now I really like it. I feel relevant no matter where I go now and not like old planets are just "old news". I love that I can level a character anywhere now and gain appropriate exp and gear.

3) No gathering requirements. I LOVE this change. Even my alts with 0 in their gathering skills can get something of value on places like Yavin and Zakuul. I also like not having to trudge through older planets just to watch my gathering skill slowly creep upwards. It grows with my character naturally now, no matter where I am.

4) The updated graphics in the KOTFE chapters are stunning, and the characters are all interesting and have a lot of depth. I'm interested in the story and I'm looking forward to solving all the little mysteries that have been introduced.

Things I don't like:

1) Getting our companions back at a glacial pace. I think BW is making a big mistake here. Dragging this out doesn't make me feel fonder of KOTFE, it makes me feel frustrated. I fear only the most dedicated and loyal players will still be around a year from now when the last of the companions are finally returned. I have way too many characters stuck in limbo who I do not want to take into KOTFE until I can be assured that their companion of choice is returned (and unharmed.)

2) Story-breaking bugs that go unfixed and unacknowledged for months. This is terrible customer service and makes me concerned about the state of staffing at BW.

3) Being railroaded into having the same exact companions for all my characters. I really thought KOTFE was going to give us this wonderful chance to customize our crew members and alliance. Instead, one of the few things left that made each class unique has now been taken away. I don't like this cluttered new companion screen, with the same companions for every class. We need more CHOICE here, including the ability to dress the new companions just like we can the old.

4) The claustrophobic, linear feel of KOTFE. Every time I enter a KOTFE chapter, I've stepped out of the open world of SWTOR and into a closed, contained, and entirely separate game. Makes me feel disconnected and like my character is living in some bizarre, alternate reality. I also dislike that, with every passing year, the uniqueness of each class is being diluted more and more. I was hoping for a bit more variety in the story between classes. Why does Valkorion care about my smuggler (who is my main?)