Who's coming back in 2.4?

Bonsaikitten

Hi and welcome to The Big Derailed thread on ToFN. While this may seem like a thread about who's coming back for 2.4, it's really all about *utthurtness, Coral, Dariann the God, PTS, sexism, arenas, Evolixes return to himself, drama, painkillers and who's the best of the best. So enjoy a true taste of ToFN's community before it is removed. Edited by Bonsaikitten
Derailed into another world

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think Vtl quit the game, though some from his 'group' are still playing (South and Coltrane). Anyways, many great players have quit the game, which is a shame...

Deeko and Mocni, I'm not in the mood for trolling

Hey friends, where are you guys?

So I came back, hoping things would be as it used to be. I don't have the biggest friend list, but there was a nice bunch of great PvP'ers there, especially on the republic side. Now I don't see more than a very few logging on that list, and I'm too shy and afraid of making new friends because of all the bad guys that's been rerolling republic. Theres not even people on the PTS..

Is this a RIP SWTOR and a bad mistake returning-scenario, or will I be seeing some of you great people back in the game for 2.4? I gotta admit, I'm really happy about the addition of arenas, and I think it will be much more competitive, faster and less boring than ranked warzoones. This will be something you can do whenever you like, not only during prime times and against the same dang teams all the time.

Who's gonna give it a try? Really miss alot of you people that's gone. Hope you're still reading the forums, and when you see this you get all soft inside and come back.. :( Nausicaa, Larsson, Vito, Nat, Sainte (hehe), Zenzey, Fluffy, Vtl, Uggen, Blaster, Uhka, Ashwraith (heheheh), Bell'ona, etc etc etc! I dont see any of you anymore. #foreveralone

Hey Bru,

I thought I'd give my two cents.

I wouldn't say that RIP SWTOR, just yet. But the PvP community took a heavy blow with the announcement that 8V8 would be removed and a lot have decided to move on and try other things or just plain quit. This you will already know.

Most the players that you mentioned are online but not as often as they used to be. This would indicate to some people that the PvP community is dying on the Tomb. I would say differently thought. As the old hands of the PvP community are moving on a new wave of PvPers are emerging and I would say that these PvPers aren't as vocal on the forums or in game as what we are used to. I may not be vocal, but I pay particular interest to the PvP community and like to observe it more than anything.

When the arenas hit in 2.4 we will get a hopefully surge in players coming back and hopefully more of the older players will come back. Like you said " it will be much more competitive, faster and less boring than ranked warzoones " Though I'll still miss 8v8 RWZ and will never understand why they needed to remove them. Having the option to do an 8v8 RWZ would of been nice to have. People will continue to play because regardless of the flaws and lack of PvP content, people still actually enjoy SWTOR PvP and lets be honest, there is nothing out there at the moment that can compete with SWTOR PvP, though this may change in the future.

Hope to see you in game.

I hope that quite many ppl will be back for 2.4, to play arenas, otherwise, the game is dead.

Also, have to admit that some of "core ToFN pvpers" left as soon as they met a competition on pts, so they couldnt win>loosing motivation>dropping balls>leaving the game>(starting to whine on forums about fotm setups bla bla instead of improving individual players skill wise).

Quite sad.

Edited by fauver

Hey all

I dont know how many players from harbinger will be playing now or after 2.4

The arenes killed the guild as we couldnt play together anymore.

There are some off us playing FF XIV and killing time untill Wildstar.

Swtor has been dieing for long time now as rwz are going away and after trying the arenas on pts i have nothing to play for.

I dont really find arenas as fun as RWZ

Im personally having a break atm but im gona buy FF XIV and play it with some off our swtor people.

Overall i think most off us are just waiting for next thing and its not gona be 2.4 for most for us anyways

I hope we can keep the same people together what ever the next game will be.

Love Fluffy

AND 3,9K RATED SO HARBINGER WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that quite many ppl will be back for 2.4, to play arenas, otherwise, the game is dead.

Also, have to admit that some of "core ToFN pvpers" left as soon as they met a competition on pts, so they couldnt win>loosing motivation>dropping balls>leaving the game>(starting to whine on forums about fotm setups bla bla instead of improving individual players skill wise).

Quite sad.

I agree with u there. It seems a lot of so called "PvPers" actually lacked individual player skill to compete and perform well in arenas while saying "omg fotm comp, cant beat" as their backup/excuse not to play arenas. As many have said before it really comes down more to the player, rather than the setup, there are still ways around it. And that is what makes the diffrence between exceptional players and huttball-macro spammers.

Quite sad.

Do you really think people should want to use their money and time playing on a PTS though? what would it accomplish if people were more active, trying to improve their individual skill, and lets not forget actual team play. Nobody playing on PTS has figured out **** in 2 weeks compared to if the game had arena for a year.

1. no queues late at night after the beginning, so virtually no games.

2. few viable setups, etc. US east lag, so half your friends theres no point playing arena anyway. Few Actual teams, no matchmaking, broken mechanics, bugs.

im sorry but by practising PTS even as your fotm setup you're gonna buy yourself a few weeks of practice, then wait months and months till bioware hopefully makes a 2.4 arena patch with balance changes that might make fun and challenging, and then what?

I just don't think more people trying to compete on PTS would change ****. So yay then we can have a bit to do for the 3 months it takes bioware to launch arenas still with retarded setups? Nobody cares about PTS competition for a good reason not just chickening out cuz they see 2 maras and an operative in every game.

Nausicaa, Larsson, Vito, Nat, Sainte (hehe), Zenzey, Fluffy, Vtl, Uggen, Blaster, Uhka, Ashwraith (heheheh), Bell'ona, etc etc etc! I dont see any of you anymore. #foreveralone

You mention #titters but no corals? Thought they were your friends.

Hey friends, where are you guys?

So I came back, hoping things would be as it used to be. I don't have the biggest friend list, but there was a nice bunch of great PvP'ers there, especially on the republic side. Now I don't see more than a very few logging on that list, and I'm too shy and afraid of making new friends because of all the bad guys that's been rerolling republic. Theres not even people on the PTS..

Is this a RIP SWTOR and a bad mistake returning-scenario, or will I be seeing some of you great people back in the game for 2.4? I gotta admit, I'm really happy about the addition of arenas, and I think it will be much more competitive, faster and less boring than ranked warzoones. This will be something you can do whenever you like, not only during prime times and against the same dang teams all the time.

Who's gonna give it a try? Really miss alot of you people that's gone. Hope you're still reading the forums, and when you see this you get all soft inside and come back.. :( Nausicaa, Larsson, Vito, Nat, Sainte (hehe), Zenzey, Fluffy, Vtl, Uggen, Blaster, Uhka, Ashwraith (heheheh), Bell'ona, etc etc etc! I dont see any of you anymore. #foreveralone

problably moved on unlike you sadly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

problably moved on unlike you sadly ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nice to see the new faces of Coral are going strong! You seem like a nice little bunch there now ;)

To Yummy, are you still queueing on the PTS? Would really want more games, had a great time with the arenas.

And nice to see you back Jovanna, an old quality player returning is always good! Cya ingame :rolleyes:

I don`t think I`ll be coming back in 2.4. Yeah arenas are fantastic and a good thing to have but it doesn`t gives the competitive feeling that RWZ gives. If we come back now and play arenas, we will just get bored again in a month and back to square one. Therefore I think Swtor needs at least 8-9 more months, maybe they will put RWZ back..

Impulse is gonna play Wildstar but it got delayed again to May 2014 or something. I was very excited about it since most of the swtow community was going to try it..

I am playing Aion meanwhile but I must admit without friends, without a community like we have in swtor , its not as fun. I understand you perfectly, I don`t feel it in me to go and make new friends and start playing with them. Wish I had the old community with me.

In short, I might consider coming back when they implement RWZ back or add more content to PvP rather than just arenas.

-Vivdom

I don`t think I`ll be coming back in 2.4. Yeah arenas are fantastic and a good thing to have but it doesn`t gives the competitive feeling that RWZ gives. If we come back now and play arenas, we will just get bored again in a month and back to square one. Therefore I think Swtor needs at least 8-9 more months, maybe they will put RWZ back..

Impulse is gonna play Wildstar but it got delayed again to May 2014 or something. I was very excited about it since most of the swtow community was going to try it..

I am playing Aion meanwhile but I must admit without friends, without a community like we have in swtor , its not as fun. I understand you perfectly, I don`t feel it in me to go and make new friends and start playing with them. Wish I had the old community with me.

In short, I might consider coming back when they implement RWZ back or add more content to PvP rather than just arenas.

-Vivdom

Im afraid arenas would be way too hard for you.

I never liked ranked wz, the ppl who complain and quit are the baddies that will have their low level of skill exposed in the arena where you cant pull people into a fire and win.

this

Nice to see the new faces of Coral are going strong! You seem like a nice little bunch there now ;)

cuz this was about Coral as a guild.....not me thinking you should've stayed away instead of trolling warzones because you're jelly

also thanks son ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Gorgzen