Advanced White War Hero Crystal

Vulgore

The new crystals they added are complete non sense....I am valor 72 and have enough to buy the Advanced War Hero white saber crystal....Well Being a pvper with all Battle Master gear the crystal has no use to me....I cant Mod my BM Saber with the advanced war hero white crystal, you say put it in a moddable saber ok....But then I lose like 10% in stats...dmg, WP, end, acc, just about every stat goes down...So I ask you bioware what am I suppose to do with a 2.5 million white war hero crystal as a pvper with a lightsaber that can not be modded? why are these crystals here? why is there no valor requirment on it ??? it makes no sense...

The crystal vendor is a temporary solution to people not being able to get the colors they want.

In 1.2, you will be able to fully mod your PvP saber, or pull out all of it's mods and put them into another. Same with all PvP gear. Armoring will retain its set bonus, but will be restricted to gear slot (armoring from chest piece will only fit in another chest piece).

Also in 1.2, they'll do something not yet announced for color crystals. The vendor will be gone.

As for why it doesn't take valor, the War Hero gear set is coming in... 1.2. I doubt they'll add the requirement to it retroactively, though.

1.2 is coming early next month.

Edited by Felioats

ok i see that in the colors....but why do that to the white crystal it wasnt even in the game and now just giving it away.....are we suppose to buy the crystal and just hang on to them until 1.2 which doesnt look like its going to be until April...

ok i see that in the colors....but why do that to the white crystal it wasnt even in the game and now just giving it away.....are we suppose to buy the crystal and just hang on to them until 1.2 which doesnt look like its going to be until April...

Pretty much yeah.

The new crystals they added are complete non sense....I am valor 72 and have enough to buy the Advanced War Hero white saber crystal....Well Being a pvper with all Battle Master gear the crystal has no use to me....I cant Mod my BM Saber with the advanced war hero white crystal, you say put it in a moddable saber ok....But then I lose like 10% in stats...dmg, WP, end, acc, just about every stat goes down...So I ask you bioware what am I suppose to do with a 2.5 million white war hero crystal as a pvper with a lightsaber that can not be modded? why are these crystals here? why is there no valor requirment on it ??? it makes no sense...

Because it is temporary and they need to flush some of the money out of the system.

In 1.2 that crystal may take War Hero to buy, but right now it's a free for all, and while you can't use that crystal just yet, you will be able to in 1.2.

Edited by illgot

The whole point of the crystals was a fast money sink to act as a bandaid for the massive influx of money coming into the system, 1.2 the vendor will change and pvp gear will be made moddable.

BTW the hidden/unremovable crystal on your BM saber +41 endurance (identical to endurance white crystal)

2.5 million credits is soooo not "giving it away."

There are a handful of players with millions of credits (they said at the summit something like 80% of 50s have fewer than 400k). Legacy will give them stuff to spend money on, but until then, this is for them.

o yea thats the other thing I know the WH set is coming so why doestnt the crystal have a valor requirment on it...? why even call it War hero then...If the War Hero Set has no valor rating or certain rated WZ requirment for pieces then that GG for me....I throw in the towel...hang up the keyboard till Guild Wars 2 or Tera those games are shapping to have a promising pvp future

Because it is temporary and they need to flush some of the money out of the system.

In 1.2 that crystal may take War Hero to buy, but right now it's a free for all, and while you can't use that crystal just yet, you will be able to in 1.2.

War Hero PvP gear will not have a valor requirement. You simply need to earn enough Ranked Warzone Commendations to buy it. War Hero is just the set name, it does not reflect a valor level/title you must achieve to wear it.

question: will ALL the crystals (or at least the purple and white ones) be available after patch 1.2 on Republic side? If not from the vendor, where? ty

Vendor is being removed in 1.2, at that time the crystals will have to be crafted by Artificer's who will have to get the schematics/materials from a currently unknown source.

The whole point of the crystals was a fast money sink to act as a bandaid for the massive influx of money coming into the system, 1.2 the vendor will change and pvp gear will be made moddable.

BTW the hidden/unremovable crystal on your BM saber +41 endurance (identical to endurance white crystal)

hmmmmm how do you know that about the BM saber crystal ??? that +41 end may be the reason why my battlemaster saber has +51 exp and the war hero crystal only has +41 maybe the expertise in the BM saber isnt in the crsytal maybe divided between the hilt and crystal...i dont know....But thanks for the insight guys....had to get some rage out...ill just suck it up and buy one.....

War Hero PvP gear will not have a valor requirement. You simply need to earn enough Ranked Warzone Commendations to buy it. War Hero is just the set name, it does not reflect a valor level/title you must achieve to wear it.

better not be just tokens from playing....no losing your way to be geared....Gear should be given out to teams with certain ratings IMO

It's because if you put the Advanced War Hero crystal into your Rakata weapon, the Rakata weapon becomes the best PVP weapon in the game.

Yes, even better than your rinky-dink Battlemaster one.

The loss of 7-10 Expertise pales in comparison to the generous stat gains wearing Rakata weapons in PVP give you.

o yea thats the other thing I know the WH set is coming so why doestnt the crystal have a valor requirment on it...? why even call it War hero then...If the War Hero Set has no valor rating or certain rated WZ requirment for pieces then that GG for me....I throw in the towel...hang up the keyboard till Guild Wars 2 or Tera those games are shapping to have a promising pvp future

Good job on crying for no reason, you say you're going to move on to GW2 but fail to realize that pvp gear in GW2 won't require any type of ranks or pvp levels to use and everyone will have access to the same gear (Which is a good thing for competitive pvp.). So wth are you talking about?