Thexan and what he could have been

Jaetix_Jag

So i just want to put this on the table, and I know I'm probably so far from the truth it's probably not even funny.

But it would seem from watching that brief cinematic and not doing the research but from what the game gave us in that brief Cinematic, Thexan seems like he would've made a good jedi for the republic. Possibly even a jedi master if he had been part of the republic.

He was the only person who went to stop his fathers death, and in the process, his brother killed him, His sister, brother, and mom all seem to have that dark side to them.

Would he of made a good jedi for the republic? possibly even become a leading figure had he not been so loyal to his father, Obviously he wasn't the best with a light saber as well saw, but it would seem as though if we went by the canon story line in the star wars series, most of these great jedi masters we have in the story, all get bested at some point.

Would like to hear back from you guys. Let's keep this civil.

Jedi form no attachement . So no way he could lead the Jedi...

Beside we have Satele who is awesome already :p

from what I saw , it was as if Valkorian was testing the tenet for Jedi and Sith in his childrens . Thexan seemed to follow the LS and Arcann the ******e Side...I mean DS lol and saw how they would end up clashing and destroy each others .

Jedi form no attachement . So no way he could lead the Jedi...

Beside we have Satele who is awesome already :p

from what I saw , it was as if Valkorian was testing the tenet for Jedi and Sith in his childrens . Thexan seemed to follow the LS and Arcann the ******e Side...I mean DS lol and saw how they would end up clashing and destroy each others .

Aside from the whole forming no attachments, In all seriousness, I think he could of joined the republic, but he ramained loyal to his father, which was what ended up costing him his life, And I question whether or not he thought of his fathers reign in the empire he built as him being good or bad.

But it looks to me like he worshipped and deeply respected his father, like the more obedient son. He pulled Arcann back, and he lost his life for it. And he's never mentioned after that. It's like his family saw him as the black sheep for doing what was just and being good.

It hurts to see him die in that cinematic. And truth be told, I don't even think the emperor himself thought of himself as evil.

Edit: After re watching the video him and his brother did kill people, but I think he did what he had to do which was defending his fathers empire so to speak, Where as his brother in the video, he stabs a man in the back with his light saber whose trying to crawl to defend himself. It looks like Arcann lets his thirst for vengeance in his mind control him.

Edited by GregoryAJones

Aside from the whole forming no attachments, In all seriousness, I think he could of joined the republic, but he ramained loyal to his father, which was what ended up costing him his life, And I question whether or not he thought of his fathers reign in the empire he built as him being good or bad.

But it looks to me like he worshipped and deeply respected his father, like the more obedient son. He pulled Arcann back, and he lost his life for it. And he's never mentioned after that. It's like his family saw him as the black sheep for doing what was just and being good.

It hurts to see him die in that cinematic. And truth be told, I don't even think the emperor himself thought of himself as evil.

Edit: After re watching the video him and his brother did kill people, but I think he did what he had to do which was defending his fathers empire so to speak, Where as his brother in the video, he stabs a man in the back with his light saber whose trying to crawl to defend himself. It looks like Arcann lets his thirst for vengeance in his mind control him.

Didn't valkorian say to arcann that he know no ambition but he know jealousy or something along those lines?

That would seem like Valkorian preferred Thexan and arcann grow jealouse maybe ?

Well usually those who play God never think of themself as evil but often show sociopathic tendancy where what they do is reasonable and in a way their right to do . Even if for those who are oppressed its evil like hell.....

Valkorian can preach all he want , but if he know Arcann was ambitious or jealouse or devious or watever , then the death of Thexan is on his hand .

We really don't know how the rest of the family feel about Thexan . for all we know , Senya doesnt know what happend . So can't judge until they say they did .

I think you're forgetting the part where goody goody Thexan laughed at his worried mother for "beeing week" and went on a massive killing spree on a few Republic and Empire planets that had done literally nothing to Zakuul. He seems calmer than Arcann, more sure of himself, but that alone doesn't make him lightsided.

Edit. Okay, I see that you aren't forgetting that part :D But my point still stands: Thexan was totally okay with Arcann's idea to wage war on sith and jedi simply to prove themselves to their father. Yes, that was their reason, I believe it's even stated in the codex. They weren't defending anything, they just wanted to show Valkorion how cool they were.

Edited by Yria

In my opinion Valkorian viewed all her children as failures, including Thexan. In Thexan case I think it was his attachment to Arcann. Main difference between Arcann and Thexan was the fact that Thexan could handle the current family state. I did not get Jedi vibes from Thexan, just that he was good brother to Arcann (and presumedly to Vailyn).

And I agree indirectly all the blood is somewhat on Valkorian hands for being so bad father.

Edited by Chaloss

I think you're forgetting the part where goody goody Thexan laughed at his worried mother for "beeing week" and went on a massive killing spree on a few Republic and Empire planets that had done literally nothing to Zakuul. He seems calmer than Arcann, more sure of himself, but that alone doesn't make him lightsided.

Edit. Okay, I see that you aren't forgetting that part :D But my point still stands: Thexan was totally okay with Arcann's idea to wage war on sith and jedi simply to prove themselves to their father. Yes, that was their reason, I believe it's even stated in the codex. They weren't defending anything, they just wanted to show Valkorion how cool they were.

He probably mean he look calmer and nicer in comparison to Arcann who look like a big Bully with a short fuse lol

But yeah , those 2 idiots are just rich brats . I swear..I got the vibe from the trailer and the story didn't dissapoint . BRATS BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT !

from Wookie:

The twins and their younger sister, Vaylin, ignored their mother, but their father ignored them as well when they were children. Arcann grew more resentful towards their father, despite Thexan's attempts to placate him.

In 3640 BBY, During the invasion of the galaxy, Arcann lost his arm and received heavy scarring to his face during an attack on a Sith world, with Thexan being by his side after the injury. Arcann had become furious when, after he and Thexan presented the lightsabers of the fallen Jedi and Sith as trophies from the battle to their father, Valkorion turned away in silence, and overcome by the dark side of the Force he attempted to attack the Emperor. Thexan pulled his brother back. Arcann turned his attention to his brother and struck out at him, but their brief duel ended when Thexan was struck down by his brother with a cut across the stomach, killing him. Coming to his senses, Arcann cradled his twin's body in his arms before looking up to see Valkorion looming over him, asking his remaining son to come with him.

A funeral was later held saying that he was killed in the Core Worlds. The truth of his death remained unknown to everyone, including Senya, for five years, until Vaylin told her the truth during the Battle of Asylum.

I somehow missed that, I did notice in the trailer that they were killing in what looked to be a war, but I assumed it was in a war to defend their fathers empire. Not just an outright attack on some planet that was minding its own business.

Still I think it was his loyalty to his family that would've made him do that, Arcanns thirst for his fathers power didn't help, And it would seem that Valkorion let himself die to Arcann.

I think there was a certain loyalty to their father, but they knew the limits of their powers, I personally think if Marr hadn't been side blinded by Valkorions attack that that would've made for an interesting fight.

I think marr was more powerful and more well rounded in his abilities then either of Valkorions sons.

Still I think it was his loyalty to his family that would've made him do that.

It probably was, considering his conversation with injured Arcann in "Brothers" short tale (where Thexan promises to ever follow and support Arcann no matter what). It's just that in my opinion, a good brother, and a good person, would rather try to talk their loved ones out of doing bad stuff instead of blindly following them because, well, it's my brother.

Invading planets for military conquest does not equal "murder." The only killing we clearly see is Arcann when he stabbed the Sith who was crawling away. The fighting on Tython (I think it was Tython, we are assuming from the trailer) only Arcann had a kneeling Jedi and Thexan did not.

Thexan constantly looked at Arcann with concern.

I'm honestly surprised that Valkorion hasn't told us anything about their relationship yet. Senya knows now about Arcann murdering Thexan, but I don't believe the Outlander knows this. I hope they show more in upcoming chapters because Thexan had to have had ambitions that supported his father but weren't murderous like his brother/father.

There is also a part of the Zakuul quests that a citizen mentions how things would be different if Thexan took over the throne.

Thexan isn't done yet, I hope not anyways.

Invading planets for military conquest does not equal "murder." The only killing we clearly see is Arcann when he stabbed the Sith who was crawling away. The fighting on Tython (I think it was Tython, we are assuming from the trailer) only Arcann had a kneeling Jedi and Thexan did not.

Thexan constantly looked at Arcann with concern.

I'm honestly surprised that Valkorion hasn't told us anything about their relationship yet. Senya knows now about Arcann murdering Thexan, but I don't believe the Outlander knows this. I hope they show more in upcoming chapters because Thexan had to have had ambitions that supported his father but weren't murderous like his brother/father.

There is also a part of the Zakuul quests that a citizen mentions how things would be different if Thexan took over the throne.

Thexan isn't done yet, I hope not anyways.

Actually yes it is . I mean you are INVADING . Nobody Invited said faction to INVAdE..and you are KILLING on your way to INVADE . It may not be Labelled MURDER but it is MUrder regardless..at least to me .

It probably was, considering his conversation with injured Arcann in "Brothers" short tale (where Thexan promises to ever follow and support Arcann no matter what). It's just that in my opinion, a good brother, and a good person, would rather try to talk their loved ones out of doing bad stuff instead of blindly following them because, well, it's my brother.

Indeed . I personally don't care if they were joined at the hips...if you do bad because of your familly , you only have yourself to blame . Thexan was a grown up and so is Arcann . They made their bed..hopefully next chapter we make him lie innit .

• 2 years later...
He probably mean he look calmer and nicer in comparison to Arcann who look like a big Bully with a short fuse lol

But yeah , those 2 idiots are just rich brats . I swear..I got the vibe from the trailer and the story didn't dissapoint . BRATS BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT !

I like both of them, but mostly Arcann. :(