Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

netskink

Hello

I was wondering if the following system would prevent afk's or quitters in pvp.

Vote kick to prevent afk's.

1. Add a vote kick option. If your team thinks you can't cut it or you are afk, you can be vote kicked. If you are kicked there is no penalty other than having to re-queue. However, you can not be vote-kicked once you reach a certain amount of damage or objectives.

2. You can only initiate a vote kick once per match. You can vote as often as you like.

Quitters

1. A deserter counter is implemented. When your toon is created it is set to zero.

2. Every time you voluntarily leave a match, you increment the deserter counter.

4. Every time you finish a match, you decrement the deserter counter. Your deserter counter can never be set below zero.

5. If your deserter counter is greater than zero, you can not queue for a match.

6. Once a day your deserter counter is decremented.

7. On server reboot, your deserter counter is zeroed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be no penalty for leaving a warzone. It's a choice. If people are disconnected or crash then they'd be hit too. It's the same old rubbish that happened on SWG where there were to high penalties for dying in PvP which meant I never bothered to PvP because it wasn't fun. Grinding a Jedi for hours only to lose loads of XP because you die isn't fun.

Nothing will stop me from leaving a warzone where its 5-0 with 10+ minutes left and the premade has no intention of scoring that last point until 15 secs is on the clock. You might kick my *** but I'm not going to let you R Kelly me for 10 minutes so you can boost your epeen.

You know what we did with vote kicks in WOW, in addition to kicking afk players, guildies (premades) would vote kick people right before the game ended to piss them off, if they were under-geared, or for general buffoonery. Edited by Rabbican

You know what we did with vote kicks in WOW, in addition to kicking afk players, guildies (premades) would vote kick people right before the game ended to piss them off, if they were under-geared, or for general buffoonery.

You would be immune if you had met a certain level of objective or damage points. I thought of that and put it in the comments.

Should be no penalty for leaving a warzone. It's a choice. If people are disconnected or crash then they'd be hit too.

It's a choice to enter a warzone, no must. But if you actively "click" leave, you should be penalized.

Leaving by crashing is not leaving by button, so pure technical it's easy to identify cowards from crashers / disconnects.

Hello

1. A deserter counter is implemented. When your toon is created it is set to zero.

2. Every time you voluntarily leave a match, you increment the deserter counter.

4. Every time you finish a match, you decrement the deserter counter. Your deserter counter can never be set below zero.

5. If your deserter counter is greater than zero, you can not queue for a match.

7. On server reboot, your deserter counter is zeroed.

So, if i have to leave 1 match i get a count on my quit-o-meter -which effectively prevents me from joining a WZ - and the only way i can decrease that value is by...finishing a WZ?

Sounds awesome! :rolleyes:

30 minute lockout for deserting. afkers/dcers can suck it up for 20 mins till the debuff ends. worked great in Rift.

Are you kidding me.

Deserters get replaced. Deliberate afkers take up a space and do nothing.

Dcers and deserters get 10 min but not if game already started.

Afkers that are vote kicked and do no damage to the opposing team, nor heals get 1 hour ban.

So, if i have to leave 1 match i get a count on my quit-o-meter -which effectively prevents me from joining a WZ - and the only way i can decrease that value is by...finishing a WZ?

ROFL exactly OP fail there.

He really thought this through ;)

No idea why people overthink it.

15 min deserter counts down while logged off.

ez.

Edited by goxwerd

You jumped to your conclusion.