This que is horrible

Babyduck

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

Edited by Babyduck
spelling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

You need to cancel your preorder like I did. Put your money where your mouth is.... and not only that.... ask that they do the right thing here and allow EQUAL ACCESS for everyone... reset ALL SERVERS on the 19th at 2359.

You need to cancel your preorder like I did. Put your money where your mouth is.... and not only that.... ask that they do the right thing here and allow EQUAL ACCESS for everyone... reset ALL SERVERS on the 19th at 2359.

Sadly I think this will be the case.

This made me happy. One less in this case is a good thing IMO

I got my invitation but can not play because I have to work. And my job is not one that I can get days off on a whim. When I get home, I will have to take care of family obligations that will likely last well into the night. I'm no spring chicken and will likely have to lay down after my long day and will not stay up to force some play time.

But, despite the fact that I can not play, I am not complaining. Why? Because I realize that even today is a day more than they originally told us we would have. You are just upset that YOU specifically did not get to play yesterday.

This was not a bad launch, and actually was an amazingly clean and effective launch. You just did not get your way and feel entitled to EVERYTHING and you want it NOW.

GET OVER IT. I don't get to play either so meh. :p

I know it's weired to let ppl in by waves and it's a painful wait for some, but:

I've been in several launches and I've never seen such a smooth launch before. The game is ready. There are no major bugs (actually the only bug I've encountered so far is that in hours of cutscene talks, appx 5 second the mouth of a char wasn't moving. Besides that I ran accross NOTHING), the gameplay is fun and good and the classes are balanced.

No missing or undoable quests. No strange falling-through-the-floor-bugs or anything.

And consider this: By letting ppl in in waves, the questareas especially for the starting areas are not too crouded and this saves frustration and rage-quitting.

The game itself is in a flawless state, and is imo what makes a good launch.

Edited by TrentEaston

I got my invitation but can not play because I have to work. And my job is not one that I can get days off on a whim. When I get home, I will have to take care of family obligations that will likely last well into the night. I'm no spring chicken and will likely have to lay down after my long day and will not stay up to force some play time.

But, despite the fact that I can not play, I am not complaining. Why? Because I realize that even today is a day more than they originally told us we would have. You are just upset that YOU specifically did not get to play yesterday.

This was not a bad launch, and actually was an amazingly clean and effective launch. You just did not get your way and feel entitled to EVERYTHING and you want it NOW.

GET OVER IT. I don't get to play either so meh. :p

It was a clean launch for a small group of players! The rest of us are stuck in limbo with no information on when WE get to play.

And consider this: By letting ppl in in waves, the questareas especially for the starting areas are not too crouded and this saves frustration and rage-quitting.

Doesn't really apply to this game though, they use instancing of quest areas.

If the upper limit of an instance is say thirty people, there will only be thirty people questing in each instance regardless of how many thousands are on the server.

The "only" one making you sit in limbo is yourself to be honest... go out, get some fresh air... heck even watch TV for all I can... noone is "forcing" you to Sith behind your PC untill you get your mail....

Unless ofcourse... wait... you want to play the very very very nano second your mail arrives...

Step away from the computer, there's a whole other world out there... and guess what, they don't even charge a fee to play it....

I am fairly certain that the preorders offer of "play up to 5 days before release" still does not yet apply until tomorrow, the 15th, seeing as the game will launch on the 20th. As such, it is not logical for you to complain about not getting in when the original date you were given to get in has not even arrived yet.

ive also enjoyed pretty much every mmo launch the past decade plus, and yes this is pretty smooth and as long as there is no uber ques on every server or mass crashes once i get in it will be the smoothest. i would challenge you to list yer other mmo's and their smoothness :p