PvP Healing Woes. Please buff healers.

Darthanimus

So I am a long term player of swtor, I have for the majority of time played seer sage, I am known across alts as my seer sage's name. So here is the reason for my issues.

Healing in pvp is at the worst point it ever has, the numbers for dps classes are ludicrously high while hps numbers are so low by comparison. So to make my point , I would like to talk numbers.

A good dps player in pvp are achieving 8k plus dps, this happens in nearly all pvp matches it is not an isolated occurrence, I also see regularly over 12k dps for some classes again this happens a lot. While healers are getting between 8k and 12k hps, sometimes more granted. For me onslaught and healing in pvp feels terrible, relatively speaking, I am a healing less and dying more often than ever before because of energy pool/ resource management, and the stupid amount of stuns there are now. I miss the good ole days where I could keep up over four team mates and myself while not being energy starved in under 10s. As it stands I can barely manage keeping up myself vs two good dps, it is a nightmare. Energy starvation is to blame, not so much the amount healed by x ability. I am playing on my healers less and less because it is no longer fun, even though I want to main a healer I just can't cause of how frustrating it is. Even when I am guarded, team mates die like flies vs a pre-made, I just can't anymore. Can you please just look at the numbers and see for yourself, reduce the energy cost across the board by a lot, while increasing class resource pool regain by a large margin. I want to be able to enjoy healing once again. My recommendations go for all healer classes.

Resolve needs to be reworked too, I feel it is no long useful in its current state. I have no ideas on where to go with it, but its just not working now with the addition of charges on stuns and slows etc.

Thing is, what you miss is why it is like this now.

People were not dying enough in 5.0 because the healing values were massive. Healing half the team and yourself is cool but also broken as hell.

Now healing values are not massive compared to the healthbars and you burn resources trying to heal things you can't heal anymore.

I agree that healing was a bit too much in 5.x.

BUT part of the problem was and is the self heal and defs of some classes.

Now healers are weaker but dds can still heal up or stealth out.

End of the story: 3 dps + 1 heal loose against 4 dps or 3 dps + skank. I don´t think that should be a thing.

I guess my issue is that good healers cannot reach their true potential, cause of the mechanics of resource starvation. The artificially low ceiling on healers forces veteran healers to play below their true ability. There is just no room for growth now. to put it another way, healing used to be something you could learn to get better and better at over the years, a player could continually improve, now it feels like a new player could reach the extent of a healing class in a month or so of practicing, and that's it, experience counts for nothing. Its a shame that after all the years of having a sage/sorc main I feel like I achieve less now than ever before.

Resolve needs to be reworked and reinvented. Dps numbers are so high that a healer can be killed in seconds with a few well timed stuns and an interrupt, I am not the only person that thinks this way.

• 2 weeks later...
Healers are indeed quite underperforming currently. I think there is a sweet spot between the previous iterations where healers were gods and the current situation where they can barely justify a slot in any format of pvp, don't know what the solution is tho. :s

• 3 weeks later...

Here is part of the issue (I have posted in the Sorc/Sage heals section)

When you pvp, you have a team of 4, right? when you do a raid, you have 8 ppl to keep alive with 2 healers, who are also getting hit.

I don't know if there is an issue between pvp and pve (most likely there is, it's an ongoing issue in this game) but you have to look at what healers are asked to do in raiding, not just what they can do in pvp.

I do think that Bioware would be smart to make changes to stats that are only applicable to pvp in the "bolster" system for pvp. That way you could address issues that are clearly pvp in only pvp, instead of doing things that help pvp, and make unsustainable changes for pve raiding.

That way characters would be fit for both purposes. The changes for pvp would go away when not in a match. Justa dream of mine..

As things stand, heals need some serious work for pve, esp Master Mode content, as I stated clearly in my post on the Sorc/sage heals thread.