A Noobie Asking For Advice

LordFuture

I am a noob at MMO's and I can't find the answer to this question within the forum. I am creating a Smuggler main and a Consular alt. Is it best to max level my main character first then start to level my alt or level both my characters at the same time. Thanks.

Neither is best, and neither is worst. It's entirely up to you - are you in a hurry to see the end game on one character in particular? Or do you want to explore both stories at the same time?

You may find that you intended to level them equally, but you enjoy one more and just wind up playing him more. That happens too.

There's really no best or worst in that scenario; what's best is what best suits your playstyle. And if you're new, the only way to find out what your style is, is to explore it. :)

I am a noob at MMO's and I can't find the answer to this question within the forum. I am creating a Smuggler main and a Consular alt. Is it best to max level my main character first then start to level my alt or level both my characters at the same time. Thanks.

Individual players will differ, but personally I level my main first, then my alt. That way if there's nothing going on at level 50 I can jump on my alt and have fun that way.

It would really depend on what you're attempting to do. In theory it would be best to have a max level char. that can access most any area to provide support for a number of reasons:

- money (high lvl likely to have more)

- crafting (high lvl likely not needing the lower crafting lvl items)

- understanding a location (a been there done that idea)

- etc. (limited really only by the player of how two toons support one

another.)

But with how the crafting is described I do not know how the materials from crafting will work and if they are transferable materials. ( I simply just haven't read enough information on the crafting to know if you can or can't but is assumed that you can)

A few reasons why you would lvl each at the same time:

- two char. in close to the same lvl, items found would be usable by

the other char. if not usable(say a type of weapon your main can't

use) by the alt.

- your chars. would also be able to support one another

- will be able to fill positions of any group in need of different positions

(group needing tank or heals, you would be likely more capable

with two toons)

I am sure these are likely to be exactly the reason you asked the question.....but you have to remember its an MMO it really is limited to the player rather than the number of toons of how each will impact the other. Good luck with your decision.

"May your adventures be legendary and your loot always epic"

Casually, I did exact the same choice in beta weekend, not that it matters, I just found it funny... I would advice you to get to lvl 15 (so you could get your Advanced Class and try a little) and then go the same way with the other char... then you will know whith which you feel more comfortable and like most (story and gameplay) and then you will do what you feel the best, and it WILL BE the best desition, since you will just go with the flow and play as you feel you like it the most.