500 Lockboxes and all these useless Schematics :(

Glower

Please get rid of all these useless Schematics with 99-100% drop chance. There is ZERO points to run Lockboxes missions - 3890cr per mission and Schematics vendor price is 800cr. :confused: And no one need them on GTN... Just a pure cr*p! :csw_jabbapet:

At least rise Schematics vendor price or put rare crystals in these Lockboxes.

Edited by Glower

Please get rid of all these useless Schematics with 99-100% drop chance. There is ZERO points to run Lockboxes missions - 3890cr per mission and Schematics vendor price is 800cr. :confused: And no one need them on GTN... Just a pure cr*p! :csw_jabbapet:

At least rise Schematics vendor price or put rare crystals in these Lockboxes.

Two things:

#1 not all the schematics are crap. While they may be posted on the GTN at as little as 2.5k credits, that is still more than you would get from the vendor and they do sell.

#2 even the schematics that are being posted on the GTN for less than vendor value (looking squarely at Vectron ______), credits are credits. You get a random schematic, you sell it to a vendor, you are getting part of your mission's cost back. How is that a bad thing?

IMO, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am NOT saying that the random schematics from missions mechanic is a good one, but it has been in place since day one and it is here to stay. So we all might as well look at them from a glass half full perspective.

Two things:

#1 not all the schematics are crap. While they may be posted on the GTN at as little as 2.5k credits, that is still more than you would get from the vendor and they do sell.

#2 even the schematics that are being posted on the GTN for less than vendor value (looking squarely at Vectron ______), credits are credits. You get a random schematic, you sell it to a vendor, you are getting part of your mission's cost back. How is that a bad thing?

IMO, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am NOT saying that the random schematics from missions mechanic is a good one, but it has been in place since day one and it is here to stay. So we all might as well look at them from a glass half full perspective.

For the 3890cr mission? Are you kidding, right? :rolleyes:

You get the money case from the lockbox mission. If you get schematics they are extra].

Sell them to a vendor or sell them on the GTN. Either way, that's extra reward from the mission.

And if you still think that those missions are offering less than their value, you can always replace it with a different skill or send your crew on lower-level missions where any schematics you are lucky enough to find might bring in more money.

The schematic returns are bonuses -- people are running the missions for the crits rewards, which are independent from the schematic rewards. So when you get a schematic, it may be worth more than vendor value or not, but that's vendor value more than you would have received. And as mentioned, that just helps to offset the mission cost, since unless the mission crits, the returns are usually frequently worth less than the mission cost. For example, with slicing, unless you crit, the amount of credits in the lockbox is usually less than the mission cost. Getting a Vectron Slicer schematic is like getting 1280+ extra credits, and can easily turn a loss into a [small] profit.

That said, I'm still laughing at all the people who asked for more Mount schematics for Cybertech.

For the 3890cr mission? Are you kidding, right? :rolleyes:

So you would rather not get the schematics and not get any credits?

Even the least valuable schematics can be vendored for 630 credits. That's 17% of the mission cost back in your pocket. That is not insignificant. If you filled your car's tank with gas and randomly got 17% of your money back you'd be jumping for joy.

You get the money case from the lockbox mission. If you get schematics they are extra].

Extra?... :eek: For my last 15-20 Treasure Hunting missions (500 non-purples, just rich and bountiful) all i got is only one blue schematic and nothing more.

Edited by Glower

I am disappointed in the new Treasure Hunting consumable missions. Previously at 450, there was always a chance to get a box that gave you 148 modded armor. While not the best stats it still sold pretty well on the GTN and if anything I could sell it for 8-10k to the vendor. Now at 500 it's all schems that are worthless in every way. Sure, 800 credits is better than nothing but when you look at how it used to be, I was expecting more. yes, I still get the mats but the treasure was always cool because although random it had nice drops. Now it has crap for drops. I seriously hope the devs didn't intended for expert missions at 500 to be less in value than the 450 but again, maybe it's working as intended....who knows.

Extra?... :eek: For my last 15-20 Treasure Hunting missions (500 non-purples, just rich and bountiful) all i got is only one blue schematic and nothing more.

/rhetorical: So you got no blue materials either?

Consider yourself lucky :). I have run that many TH gemstone missions and gotten nothing but blue materials. but I am OK with that because I have also had several occasions when I have crit on the two missions I run in one pass (my TH is only level 20 with 2 comps)

I have no problem with running the Rich and Bountiful Gemstone missions because there's always the chance of getting Midlithe Crystals from a crit.

However, I don't think I've ever seen an Artifact Mission Box from a Lockbox mission. Does such a thing even exist? I don't think I've gotten anything out of even a Prototype Mission Box that sold for more than what the mission itself cost, unlike Slicing where a Prototype Credit Box can have 10K credits in it. This is why I've pretty much stopped running TH Lockbox missions.

I have no problem with running the Rich and Bountiful Gemstone missions because there's always the chance of getting Midlithe Crystals from a crit.

However, I don't think I've ever seen an Artifact Mission Box from a Lockbox mission. Does such a thing even exist? I don't think I've gotten anything out of even a Prototype Mission Box that sold for more than what the mission itself cost, unlike Slicing where a Prototype Credit Box can have 10K credits in it. This is why I've pretty much stopped running TH Lockbox missions.

I stopped running TH lockbox missions a LONG time ago. This is nothing really new.

I have to agree that slicing is highly over rated, especially in the 450-500 tier. You break even at best throughout the whole grind. I don't see slicing as worth it.

If you are solely running slicing mission for lockboxes to make "free credits" then you are correct and it has been this way for some time. But if you run missions to craft stuff with the materials, and/or sell those materials, and/or use or sell discovered missions you will find that slicing is highly profitable. Note to mention the "free credits" from the glut of nodes on Rishi and Yavin.

Edited by psandak

/rhetorical: So you got no blue materials either?

So you get blue mats for treasure hunting lock box missions? Or just being snarky?

Lockboxes from treasure hunting have an item, or schem, no mats. Sometimes the mission brings yet another schem, additionally. Lockboxes from slicing have credits, sometimes the mission also brings another mission, or schems. When calculated over a couple missions, one does make a little profit with the boxes alone in slicing, so the additional mission is sometimes well worth it. In the early 3.0 days, TH mission discoveries were one serious source of midlithe crystals for me, and several guildies. All other missions were welcome, too. Now that all mats are more common again, we stopped farming those missions. I still put a good comp on the rich lockbox missions, when it pops up, albeit not the slicer, since that one is doing the mats missions (except I am too lazy to get the mats mission).

That all said, indeed treasure hunting lockbox missions are not worth much, and that is so since long. While it is not important enough for me to create a thread, I share the sentiment of OP. And I have to admit, the constant "it has been around for so long, suck it up" from certain posters on these forums got so very old a long time ago.