1.2 Sorc Heals Thoughts?

Zhaker

ADDENDUM

If you want to complain about the class fine, dont do it on this thread, this thread is not about the complaints we got alot of complaints about it we know the problems. Either you deal with it or make a thread and complain and unsubscribe or whatever. But if you havent nothing to do but whine its annoying.

Asking for helping, suggesting what to do and inquiring things are cool in this thread, the "I'm done because some class pwns me like a pwny" should be on another thread. Just not this thread because venting it on my thread is not going to help you in any way.

EDIT 17/04/2012:

For PvP the biggest issue is Melee and their interrupts, even Operatives who know the KB counter can really stuff you out, so even if you put in slow and sprint most likely most melee will slow and disrupt you force before delivering and OMGWTFBBQ attack.

Pugging as a healer only works if you got a competent group who understands that protecting the healer through taunts (forget guard because if they do alot of damage then they just murder their opponents anyway) can bail you out.

For Revivification, again as stated helpful, but if you can avoid using it, because 1 resurgence should cover you from the consumption.

For most PvE fights not really a problem, its all about adapting, though if we need burst, Sorcs are not the ones to do it, thats the Operatives/Troopers job now especially Operatives that can do a 1.5s Main Heal at 6k+ followed by a Surgical Probe (which is about 1 or less seconds that could crit at 4k+) .

That said you can still do well with 2 sith sorcs even for HM EC, just that you need to be switched on and be proactive to when to land a big heal or not.

EDIT 16/04/2012:

Ok, after PvE and more PvP and talking to fellow Sith Sorc Healers, I'm getting more used to this. And I'm able to reheal at the norm again. Since we lack burst it means for Clutch PvP matches we need to be on top of our game.

As DHallerLove states, DI is still useful, but for burst at clutch I'd go with the Resurgence -> Dark Heal, but thats only IF necessary as this will burn my force fast.

I still say Innervate to get the proc for consumption is still a must, but if you gear crit first you should be able to use Innervate for the proc without Resurgence.

Revivification is awesome but "not" vital especially if you can swap between urself and the target ur healing for Resurgence.

For gear wise I think Crit 300 -> Alarcity 300-> Surge 300 -> Force Power now, but I could be wrong. UPDATE: I got the buff from operatives for 5% crit always, so I can even drop Crit further down a bit to buff up Alarcity quickly so I can purely focus back to Surge and Force Power.

The old way was Crit 300 -> Surge 300 -> Force Power, where Alarcity was only "semi" useful.

As for PvE its not so bad, so long as you spam Resurgence and DI alot, its actually pretty effective that you can actually miss a consumption or two.

Revivification seems to be force efficient to use too, not sure if this was adjusted but I noticed that as long as I follow my rotation to include innervate -> consumption I'm not too bad for force, and I rarely run out of force unless **** hits the fan.

===================================================

Ok so My Sith Sorc Healer BM is crappier than my Operative Alt wearing only Rakata/Columi gear....

Instead of qqing and threatening or unsubbing I'm hoping I get an idea of how others are coping with this without the drama llama.

The worst of the crux is how consumption even with the proc that we get from innervate on a crit doesnt seem to help much as I lose some hp.

Which means that I need to worry as a healer about 3 things:

- My Force.

- My Health.

- My Allies Health.

Before all I worried about was just the of my allies health but this adds a new wierd dimension that forces me to consider how I need to do my rotation since we got no way to recover force even with a 650 force pool which lasts about 1 minute if I dont use consumption.

I dont know the rotation which makes it double worse but I figure that its now:

(Shield) -> Resurgence -> Innervate* -> Consumption -> Revivificaiton/Dark Infusion -> (Shield).

(Shield) When I can

* Where innervate at times I need to cast it on myself for healing consumption, could probably do that every 2nd or 3rd innervate, but its abit annoying to sort of do that.

With the rotation, I can solo using my tank companion to do most of the quests for heroic but when it comes to the new Heroic at Black Hole I cant do much because i get attacked alot. Even if Khem Val hits is taunting which is kind of annoying.

If you guys know a better rotation for PvE and PvP that would be great. But its so lacklustre that I'm losing a reasoning to play this game at all.

EDIT: My skill points is the stock standard 31/7/2.

Edited by Zhaker

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvE solo questing I am doing perfectly fine as sorc healer (actually in solo questing I am doing fine with any reasonable spec).

PvP healing is ridiculous. The only time you will get DI off is when 1. they suck and dont know what is an interrupt/stun/knockback/mez, 2. they let you free cast.

I have been mainly focusing on pvp at level 50 since the patch came out. It is super tough to stay alive in 1.2, let alone keep anyone else alive. It seems in order to do any healing of any kind I can only spam Dark Heal in between SB and Resurgence cool downs. Even then I feel like I am only healing myself, if I stop to heal anyone else, I'm toast...

The rate at which damage is incoming with one competent dps on you is extremely hard to to overcome. By no means do I think I should be able to stay alive with 2+ dps on me solo, but I should have a fighting chance with only 1.

Before my main heal in pvp was DI, now I guess its DH, it for sure doesn't allow for a lot of moving around.

Our operation night isn't until Monday, I am really worried about the consumption change, and being able to keep up with the heals. My primary heal in ops is innervate followed by a consumption, guess I will need to change that up, maybe utilize the longer heal times.

This whole patch as put a bitter taste in my mouth about pvp, I really hope they address it soon.

I have been mainly focusing on pvp at level 50 since the patch came out. It is super tough to stay alive in 1.2, let alone keep anyone else alive. It seems in order to do any healing of any kind I can only spam Dark Heal in between SB and Resurgence cool downs. Even then I feel like I am only healing myself, if I stop to heal anyone else, I'm toast...

The rate at which damage is incoming with one competent dps on you is extremely hard to to overcome. By no means do I think I should be able to stay alive with 2+ dps on me solo, but I should have a fighting chance with only 1.

Before my main heal in pvp was DI, now I guess its DH, it for sure doesn't allow for a lot of moving around.

Our operation night isn't until Monday, I am really worried about the consumption change, and being able to keep up with the heals. My primary heal in ops is innervate followed by a consumption, guess I will need to change that up, maybe utilize the longer heal times.

This whole patch as put a bitter taste in my mouth about pvp, I really hope they address it soon.

I'm worried about my Operation too, with the Consumption change it makes me worry about too many variables as a healer, instead of being able to sometimes help out with the DPS. I hope the Bosses dont have alot of HP as b4 from Nightmare or else we're going to be wiping alot. So I can focus purely on heals.

I did hear about the revivification change, but for some fights we need it at specific points because of the dynamics of the fight so that really is painful. Maybe

For PvP its a nightmare, I got no burst heals, I have to worry about myself more than my team. So I'm focusing on my self more than anything in PvP which is the wrong idea, I cant assist really anyone, the only up side is that I was able to survive the Marauder/Sentinel Smashes but this isnt a 1v1 game its a WZ game so when another one just comes up regardless of spec I go down quickly. I dont have anything I can give to heal someone as I'm mostly focusing on myself too much. So yea I dont think I can bring heals to PvP.

Like to know if BW wants us to worry about so many things to heal so little? I'm not following their PvP strategy or PvE, and I feel that if this was to remove AS MANY Sith Sorcs to balance out the classes, then this will probably kill it. Like it did with the Operatives becuase I see about 10 in my server at level 50. LOL.

YOU have completely ruined the healer.Great patch!! I went into Kaon HM with a fully geared group and was wiped out in no time.... The heal times are awful and nothing works right anymore. The tricks that used to give you unlimited power without using up your health.... DOnt work.... The trick that made dark(forget name) but the one that gives most health the trick that used to reduce the heal time from 2.3 to 1.4 is not working.... plus none of the heals have any of the power they once did, not to mention healers seem to generate more threat now... What a wonderful patch. The class that is weakest gets the nerf.... How ingenious... The only thing healers had going for them is taken away because of stoopid pvp??? PVP sux anyways.

YOU have completely ruined the healer.Great patch!! I went into Kaon HM with a fully geared group and was wiped out in no time.... The heal times are awful and nothing works right anymore. The tricks that used to give you unlimited power without using up your health.... DOnt work.... The trick that made dark(forget name) but the one that gives most health the trick that used to reduce the heal time from 2.3 to 1.4 is not working.... plus none of the heals have any of the power they once did, not to mention healers seem to generate more threat now... What a wonderful patch. The class that is weakest gets the nerf.... How ingenious... The only thing healers had going for them is taken away because of stoopid pvp??? PVP sux anyways.

While I understand your concern, I AM NOT the one responsible for "ruining" your healer.

Now the tricks are changed, and for PvP yes forget it, its unviable until BW gives us something for burst healing.

For PvE you're going to have to heal yourself sometime in the rotation, and you're going to have to smartly heal to maximise your healing potential. Either case its alot more trickier to heal with a Sith Sorc than any other classes, but we all knew this was coming, what the reason for this is unknown.

<snip> The only thing healers had going for them is taken away because of stoopid pvp??? PVP sux anyways.

Actually, that's the funny/hysterical thing. It's NOT pvp's fault! The patches were because people were claiming that Sage/Sorc healers (as well as BH I guess) were OP mainly because on 1vs1 they couldn't be killed. It's the classic case of the squeaky wheel getting the oil.

I know. A healer healing themselves and not dying. What's the world coming to *sighs*

For PvP, this patch is ~deeply~ rage inducing. With bubble up, a single good mara or jugg can drop my champ+cent geared lvl 50 in about 4s. The only way I may stand a chance of lasting longer than 4s is by popping an armor stim .. even then that jst delays by a couple of seconds.

The real thing is to roll back the consumption 'fix'. There, I said it. Feel free to flame me or whatever.

I had a 4 page discussion on PVP sorc healing in 1.2 then bioware decided to close that thread and every other thread like it.... why? because they don't want us talking negatively about 1.2 pvp healing sorcs, because sorcs are now broken.

BUT be careful!!! this post might get deleted/locked also!

What's the matter Bioware? Why are you going around locking and deleting threads and posts having to do with Sorc healing in patch 1.2?

Because you broke sorcs and now you can't deal with it. Best solution bioware? Silence our voice and act like 'nothing is wrong'.

I had a 4 page discussion on PVP sorc healing in 1.2 then bioware decided to close that thread and every other thread like it.... why? because they don't want us talking negatively about 1.2 pvp healing sorcs, because sorcs are now broken.

BUT be careful!!! this post might get deleted/locked also!

What's the matter Bioware? Why are you going around locking and deleting threads and posts having to do with Sorc healing in patch 1.2?

Because you broke sorcs and now you can't deal with it. Best solution bioware? Silence our voice and act like 'nothing is wrong'.

They are locking threads like crazy.

Actually the only reason I posted here was because the mod linked it when he/she locked the thread I was reading:D

I really hope they are taking this issue seriously, lots are upset with the current changes.

They nerfed us because the head devs play maras and juggs, they couldn't kill us 1v1 so they removed our burst healing and any form of longevity in a fight.

In all honesty, what's the point in healing if you can't heal? These guys just need to suck it up and let us do our jobs.

We were fine pre-patch. SW is going the way of WoW, they listen to the QQing children that can't play their classes, refuse to even try or learn how to play. The game is pretty much rated years 3+ now.

The exact same thing is happening here. Bioware is listening to the hundreds of posts claiming a class is OP because they can't work out how to interrupt said abilities or use their cooldowns effectively.

I never felt OP pre-patch, not once. I never felt like I had an advantage, I even felt like we were the perfect support class. That BW had gotten at least one class spot on.

You need to stop listening to the children, play the damn classes yourself if you want some feedback. Just stop taking it out on us if you can't play your own game.

/Rant over

Síth.

Edited by VVyrdo

I'm not too happy about the changes myself, but I'm not going to act like a child and stomp my foot over it as I unsubscribe (as I've seen many doing). That's ridiculous.

If Bioware listened to the other classes complain, I'm sure they'll listen when they realize they took too much away from us. It hasn't even been a full day yet; people really need to learn patience.

Besides, what's stopping people from leveling their alts in the meantime, if it's really that horrible? I'm still trying to see if I can work my Sorcerer in a way I'm happy with, but if not I have other toons I could be playing.

I'm glad this thread isn't primarily a whine-fest. Stuff like that is never going to get us anywhere.

Edited by MissDevereaux

<snip>

I never felt OP pre-patch, not once. I never felt like I had an advantage, I even felt like we were the perfect support class. That BW had gotten at least one class spot on.

Absolutely agree with this. I have never posted to the forums before today, so I maybe crazy but, I Have been asking people exactly ~how~ we were OP, and the basic answer I get is 'cause you can heal through my damage' ... guess what .. we are a HEALING spec. We ~should~ be able to heal through 1vs1 (except for if your gear sucks and they are BM or.. whatever).

The double heal proc/crit bug needed fixing, no doubt about that in my mind. Everything else was jst overkill, mostly because a mara or jugg couldn't take out the healers 1vs1. Now they can ... and pvp is a respawn fest.

jst roll back the consumption/noble sacrifice "fixes". I can't believe any sorc/sage on the PTS thought 'yes, these changes are awesome for PvP' .. maybe PvE they are 'okay' (although I doubt that in ops) but .. if you played the class, you would know in 15s how badly this breaks it. honestly.

and yes.. before today, I never posted once. I am SO annoyed that they (quite literally) killed my main character. It's unplayable!!

I'm not too happy about the changes myself, but I'm not going to act like a child and stomp my foot over it as I unsubscribe (as I've seen many doing). That's ridiculous.

If Bioware listened to the other classes complain, I'm sure they'll listen when they realize they took too much away from us. It hasn't even been a full day yet; people really need to learn patience.

Besides, what's stopping people from leveling their alts in the meantime, if it's really that horrible? I'm still trying to see if I can work my Sorcerer in a way I'm happy with, but if not I have other toons I could be playing.

I'm glad this thread isn't primarily a whine-fest. Stuff like that is never going to get us anywhere.

I won't be unsubbing, I will continue to play my sorcerer. I don't intend to make any alts, in fact BW lied to us about the Legacy system that said there would be a "purchase" option for all of the unlockables, so that the people who liked to stick to just one character could do so without any handicap. Well they lied, you have to level all four classes to Act 2 in order to get the buff from each of them.

~Final Thought~

If Whinning didn't get us anywhere, how the hell did we get nerfed in the first place? Somebody must have complained, in fact more than one person would had to have complained for us to get nerfed this much. I highly doubt BW did it at random, without any pressure from the community.

Like I said, kids complain. I am not a kid, but apparently now we're not healers either so here I am.

So if we all complain, they will do something about it? Seems to have worked to get us nerfed, so why not just follow suit and do the same...

*One last thing, I am GM of my guild on The Tomb of Freedon Nadd. My only character on that server is my sorcerer, I have gone from the best healer in my guild to worthless. I now have to decide whether to stick it out and just be a low-output healer or reroll, which I had promised myself I wouldn't be doing...*

Edited by VVyrdo

i had started one about an hour after patch, by the 3rd page they asked to make benfecial articles rather then negative about 1.2 ... i never felt OP maybe take away the extra big heal we got, and we would be fine ... just because bioware made a talent and no one would use it, they force it on us? (dark resil) not to mention if we want to pvp, we have to take talents from damage reduction and knockback sufferring ... 2.4 secs is a lifetime to cast in both pve and pvp... this is a terrible nerf all around, all i hear from people is, im sorry about your class because i eat you in pvp now.

i had started one about an hour after patch, by the 3rd page they asked to make benfecial articles rather then negative about 1.2 ..

Just...wow

Yes, lets listen to all the complaining from tanks about them not being able to kill healers in the first three seconds of a fight. What a brilliant idea.

Then when the healers try to complain, we'll ask them not to!

...Are they serious?

Oh and btw, don't expect them to make any changes to our class again for a while. No company, game makers or other, would go back on a decision like this. We are going to have to either just get use to it or re-roll.

It was the same with WoW when they ruined it and made it toddler-friendly. They refused to admit anything was wrong until they lost half their subscribers. Even then (now), what's next? Pandas....

I can only see the same thing happening here, all the future changes will be making things easier. Doing the Belsavis dailies today took me and a friend about an hour. Whereas yesterday it took about 3...

They are making these changes so that the people who can't play the game have a chance. How about you just keep it hard-mode and let the scrubs get better rather than just spoon feeding them everything.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

i.e. stop handing the less-skilled players easy wins, easy gear, easy end-game content and they will have to get better.

Blizzard nerfed the end-game Dragon Soul raids because the kids found it too hard. Please don't just be another copycat, stand out as the game that said NO!

Edited by VVyrdo

...Are they serious?

<snip>

sadly.. yes. I agree with you in that, I wish they would jst roll back the consumption stuff.. but.. that's not going to happen

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

I think I am jst going to vote with my $$$. I find it hard to be 'polite' when they have effectively killed about 100+ hours of my time building upto lvl 50, grinding through pvp to get champ gear and then basically listening to others about how 'OP' we are... without actually ~talking~ to the sage/sorcs about this.

I also don't ~want~ to play an alt. I was the healer in my pvp and ops group. I liked it. I really did. It was what I enjoyed. Keeping people alive. Crazy, I know. So, what do I say to them now ? 'sorry guys/gals, I am going to be a tank from now on!' .. yeah.. my position is safe in the group then. If someone can offer me guidance on how to PvP with these changes, I will gladly take them. 'die and respawn' is NOT advice btw, if I wanted to do that, I wouldn't be a healer ;)

I don't think many people disagreed with the change regarding the double healing bug. That's a bug, so, sure. fix it. No biggie. However, the consumption/noble sac changes are awful. I have heard maybe (maybe) 1-2 sorc/sage healers say its a good idea, and every other sorc/sage say it's pretty terrible.

This is, as someone pointed out, day 1 of the change. I don't think waiting and seeing if the anger/frustration dies down is a prudent move but, I am not a dev so... *shrug*

They nerfed us because the head devs play maras and juggs, they couldn't kill us 1v1 so they removed our burst healing and any form of longevity in a fight.

In all honesty, what's the point in healing if you can't heal? These guys just need to suck it up and let us do our jobs.

We were fine pre-patch. SW is going the way of WoW, they listen to the QQing children that can't play their classes, refuse to even try or learn how to play. The game is pretty much rated years 3+ now.

The exact same thing is happening here. Bioware is listening to the hundreds of posts claiming a class is OP because they can't work out how to interrupt said abilities or use their cooldowns effectively.

You need to stop listening to the children, play the damn classes yourself if you want some feedback. Just stop taking it out on us if you can't play your own game.

/Rant over

Síth.

Preach.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I was excited as ever for this patch. I woke up early feeling like a child on Christmas morning with how much I'd been anticipating this patch...and then I had coal slammed down my throat, pretty much, when I first logged onto my Inquisitor. Hell, he was level 49...just bars away from 50 and before I had no issues leveling. Hours before the patch I didn't die frequently, I could keep my companion healed, keep my leveling partner alive when we did quests together. Nope. Not anymore.

I see a lot more things that could use fixing. A LOT more things. I understand that it's only been a day but people are already rolling new characters or just quitting the game altogether, which is to be expected, but it shouldn't be happening. The nerf healers received was uncalled for - to this extent. BW can lock as many threads as they'd like this is a discussion forum and while it's not everything bright and sunshiny, these are players of your game who are upset at changes you made that broke the class.

For the record I am an avid PvP'er and urgh, it's a drag whereas before it was fun. I know a lot of DPSers complained their hutts off about them not being able to kill us, but what do you expect? WE'RE HEALERS. If you really want to kill us so bad, why don't you interrupt? Or, oh, I don't know...improvise. It's not hard.

Edited by xMumford

Let me be blunt.

Reroll or unsub. No I'm not kidding. Sorc healing is dead in PvP and pretty bad in PvE. Just to entertain myself I got on my old Assassin and bought the blue recruit pvp set. Spec'd tank and lol'd as I soloed people and healed myself.

It's okay to be a tank with heals that can 1v1 any class, but God forbid you like playing a healing Sorc.

So to help you out, roll Tank Assassin, Mara, or a Powetech. Bioware has decided to play FoTM PvP over balanced PvP. I LONG for pre 1.2.

For the record I am an avid PvP'er and urgh, it's a drag whereas before it was fun. I know a lot of DPSers complained their hutts off about them not being able to kill us, but what do you expect? WE'RE HEALERS. If you really want to kill us so bad, why don't you interrupt? Or, oh, I don't know...improvise. It's not hard.

I almost pvp'd the entire game.. so.. I understand where you are coming from, and all I can say is.. the person in this thread who says unsub or re-roll is correct. sucks but.. yeah.

What get's me is, 1vs1 - I didn't go down in PvP, same as most tanks with champ/bm gear. However, when I had 2 or 3 people focusing DPS/Melee on me, I went down. Which is ~exactly~ what they do for Tanks. Yet for some reason, healers were OP but nobody thinks that tanks are OP.

I don't understand why that is at all.. but.. another of lifes mysteries I guess.

I haven't posted yet since they dropped the beta forums but I had to on this topic.

First off I have a 50 PT, 50 Sniper, 50 Sorc and a 32 juggy. My Sorc healer was my main UNTIL TODAY. I was reserving judgement until I experienced 1.2 for myself.

Today was so depressing and discouraging. Not only that but it was embarrassing trying to heal my guildies. I am very ashamed that people were dying left and right in the new FP(HM) and Op(normal).

My sorc is a war hero with full BM and full rakata (minus the chest piece). Our guild has successfully and regularly cleared EV and KP on HM (after paying our dues by dying a lot until we learned the fights)

Today was a nightmare... I could not keep up with the dps on our tanks without letting other members of the raid group die. It seems with 1.2 it is either focus heals on tank and let others die or let tank die and keep others healed....

I am very disappointed in you Bioware. Sorcs may have needed rebalanced but this nerf was too far... Healers are the heart of any game and you just ripped out mine.

P.S. I know this may go unnoticed and lost in the forum spam and I know the powers that be at Bioware may not read this but I had to share what is on my mind.