Sorcer 1.2 patch nerf

Justifies

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was fine with a nerf to the hybrid spec if we got a buff to the 31 pt lightning spec which I think most agree is weak for a 31 point st spell. Without that I'll prob have to go back to my madness spec which i find very boring and so this may be the first game I quit due to a patch. I'm used to buffs/nerfs but I get so bored in madness.

This game has lowest skill cap in pvp imo. Playing beta and this with sent,merc,sorc, and jug I found all to be very simple. I have fun on full lightning and hybrid at least but I know lightning is weak and madness is strong but boring as hell to me.

Also, I don't really get the nerf. If i want aoe dmg merc is better and if I want st pvp marauder is best. I always said a nerf to hybrid would be fine with a buff to lightning but without it I think swtor might have helped me decide on Tera!

Just wondering who all thinks that they went a bit far with the nerf. I am one of 5 sorcs that if this does happen i know of are Unsubbing to this game. Your opinons?

Someone is going a bit far, but it's not Bioware.

If your going to throw your toys out the pram because of a relatively minor change to your class then mmorpg's probably aren't for you as it'll happen again for certain at some point.

No, that is not the case as I have played many mmo's and I've been through many OP/UP cycles. I just hate the dot stacking madness spec and that will really be all thats left if these changes go live. I already find the game pretty simple and sorc is the only class with the utility to for sure keep me interested. However, if I am stuck in a spec I find horribly boring and I'm having fun in Tera's beta then I'm prob leaving.

My issue is not the nerf as I'm fine with that. My issue is that the 31 lightning tree isn't being mentioned. We don't have a ST pvp DD spec. That is what I like to play in mmos whether it be ranger or mage. I played merc in beta and while it is a very good class it is horribly boring and the most simple form of ranger I have ever seen in an mmo so that is out for me. With the utility of sorc it can be pretty interesting in teamplay in the hybrid spec or the healing spec. Also, if lightning was buffed it would be interesting as well.

however, the madness spec is just stack dots and hope the other team's healers are idiots. the only reason I play SWTOR is I love huttball and a dot spec sucks in huttball. That is why I would consider leaving.

Sorcs were in desperate need of nerf as the lowest skill cap, most OP class in SWTOR.

Teams of 6-7 sages were common on my pub dominated PVP server.

Said sages did nothing but push heal, no kiting, no interrupt, no nothing and they could win every match like this.

It's great that they got nerfed otherwise we were close to a repeat of Bright Wizards in Warhammer.

Too much healing, DPS, and utility on a ranged class was bad for the game, you really didn't need any other class to win any WZ.

Edited by Arzhanin
Insulting others

However, I have an idea for the DD pvp side for sorcs.

Nerf the hybrid spec but leave wrath as is except make it something -20% on AoE spells (CL). this way you still have an aoe burst spec that can put up respectable chart numbers (thats all most noobs care about lol) but is not as huge as it is now.

Then give lightning tree the obvious buff it needs. Anyone that understands the 31pt lightning spec in pvp knows it is super weak relative to other classes ST specs and it also lacks the mobility/utility of the hybrid and madness specs. Buff Lightning strike and the 31 pt'r and this spec would be fine.

Healing needed a nerf in pvp before rated warzones came out and that nerf was needed for all 3 classes. The long casttime nerf for sorc was the wrong way to do it though as that will be horrible for pvp. There are many better ways to nerf sorc healing in pvp.

The change to Wrath is a death blow to dps sorcs in PvP.

It is very likely the dps sorc will now do the least amount of damage among all dps in PvP.

I'll now be rolling jug/marauder, which I think is exactly what BioWare intended with this change.

The lightning spec is mediocre and generally bad in PvP due to poor mobility

The Madness spec is better, but DPS is completely shutdown by a single cleanse and it has a huge buildup time(4 gcds) to actually start doing significant damage.

The AoE damage that wrath+CL was putting out might have been a bit too much, but considering the viability of the two "pure" specs, they could have thrown us a bone. Compared to Marauders, Assassins, and Powertechs, Sorcerors are not something that is horrible to go up against in PvP.

For pvp its not going to completely kill sorc dps, even though it will bring it down alot. The main issue that's going to make it a class breaker for sorcs in pvp is that it removes virtually all the burst we have to kill people. Burst is far more important than overall damage especially with the surge nerf its already nearly impossible for a sorc to take down a tank and more so a healer because the lack or burst, but once this goes live we will be nothing but little annoyances =(

The change to Wrath is a death blow to dps sorcs in PvP.

It is very likely the dps sorc will now do the least amount of damage among all dps in PvP.

I'll now be rolling jug/marauder, which I think is exactly what BioWare intended with this change.

Playing a knight (one of both types) myself, I'm not super happy with the coming balance update. They fixed some issues, but I think it's going to create some entirely new ones. I'll wait and see until I judge, but I don't think it's going to go so well. Thrilled about the rest of the update - but I'm wary of the knight/warrior changes

Someone is going a bit far, but it's not Bioware.

If your going to throw your toys out the pram because of a relatively minor change to your class then mmorpg's probably aren't for you as it'll happen again for certain at some point.

the healing changes aren't minor. they will completely gimp sorcs/sages for pvp healing. as in unviable.

The class was never op and will now clearly be the worst class in the game for both pve and pvp. The majority of the players in this game are terrible players who whine and cry when they lose and start screaming for nerf instead of learning how to play their class so bioware gave the majority what they wanted. This game will never be a hardcore mmo in pve or pvp so hardcores should just move on at this point. Every sorc is going to be a 31 point madness spec sorc now so they have basically removed 2-3 classes from the game as neither hybrid nor heals are viable at this point.

If they had taken the instant CL and were trying to make the class more healing based with viable, albeit less, dps than other classes I would have respecced and been fine with it. Taking every option away in one shot is just ridiculous.

Teras right around the corner. Diablo 3s right around the corner. GW2 is right around the corner. I have a feeling bioware is going to get the blow they so obviously want.

the healing changes aren't minor. they will completely gimp sorcs/sages for pvp healing. as in unviable.

This.

Madness/lightning hybrid dps and utility was in need of a nerf for both pve and pvp. And sorc healing in pve was pretty overpowered as well. However, these changes eliminate any viability for sorc healing in pvp. As I enjoy both aspects of the game (though pvp more than pve), this presents a real problem for me.

This.

Madness/lightning hybrid dps and utility was in need of a nerf for both pve and pvp. And sorc healing in pve was pretty overpowered as well. However, these changes eliminate any viability for sorc healing in pvp. As I enjoy both aspects of the game (though pvp more than pve), this presents a real problem for me.

Sorc healing in PvP was way over the top as well. If you're denying that, you're offering an opinion from a totally uninformed or biased perspective.

Sorc healing in PvP was way over the top as well. If you're denying that, you're offering an opinion from a totally uninformed or biased perspective.

I'm not denying that. Manipulating force bending to affect two spells was a bug that should have been taken care of long ago. But losing all 1.5s dark infusions destoys pvp healing for sorcerors.

Nerfs were needed across the board (though more in the areas I mentioned than in pvp healing). But for pvp sorc healing to remain viable, they must tweak the patch notes.

im gonna copy and paste what i said on the ptr post...

"the only sorcs that got nerfed were hybrids...the change to the double dipping from the healer talent was bound to get fixed, granted that wasnt a nerf, since everyone knew it was gonna get fixed.

as a 50 full 31pt madness sorc i got buffed...shock/affliction get a 6%dmg increase, crushing darkness dots is now effected by the 20% increase(awesome), i never used LS to begin with so thats nothing to fret about...and with the 6%increase to shock it means ill actually use it in my rotations"

Edited by Arzhanin
Rude comments

They will re balance if its under powered. I mean its no point to un-sub if you can't be OP? I played operative since the beginning, and have had to deal with being under powered compared to other classes.. Do people just like to whine when they play an OP class that gets nerfed? It'll balance out again, chill. Enjoy the social aspect of a MMO rather than just being the strongest..

Best post about this by far !

This is a totally outrageous thread, and the people whining about the nerfs are totally outrageous people.

They have brought our DPS and healing in line with other classes. Instead of doing 400K damage in a warzone, you'll be doing 360K damage instead. Big deal. The hybrid specs are out, which means "sit back and relax" FL/CL and Lightning Madness hybrids as well as story-mode healer hybrids are out of the game. I always said that would be happening eventually.

Now you have a choice: you either ACTIVELY play Lightning, get great single target burst damage but limited spread damage, and still top DPS... OR you ACTIVELY play Madness, get amazing spread damage but have limited functionality 1v1, and still top DPS... OR you ACTIVELY play Corruption, get amazing single target burst healing but lack the AoE "OMGHEALEVERYONEFOREPICNUMBERS" ability from pre-1.2... and STILL top healing.

It's so outrageous for people to come in here and complain about the nerfs we ALL knew were coming, even if some of us ran around crying about how it wasn't going to happen and simply didn't want to accept it. The hybrid specs were a madness (no pun intended) and they were never going to last.

And while you're all moaning about the changed they made to us... go take a look at Marc healer changes, or Op healer changed. They're getting it in the neck just as much. That should tell you that it isn't you guys that have been brought down, but healing in general. Healing in general has been nerfed, and healing on specific classes has been nerfed/altered. Sorcerers got nerfed the most because sorcerers needed nerfing the most.

All in all patch 1.2 has not only balanced out the game nicely, but it's also mixed things up a little as well. Everyone got it in the neck to some extent or another, some more than others, but Bioware have a clear intent to balance the game. They've done a brilliant job for 1.2 and they've certainly kept me for another month or two.

Just wondering who all thinks that they went a bit far with the nerf. I am one of 5 sorcs that if this does happen i know of are Unsubbing to this game. Your opinons?

Needed to be done sorry. When a guild member can run around naked and still usually get in the top DPS at low levels... gimme a break. Let the FOTM leave and hope those that actually like the class for what it is stay.