Wasn't the changes for cooldowns on the PTS?

Barracudastr

If so no one complained about the 2 weeks it was being tested thus why you guys have a cooldown function you apparently hate.

You cant sit here and throw stones at BW for implementing a change you had 2 weeks to test yourself and give feedback.

All I see in the test forums is people fighting about class balance and nothing on what everyone is raging about tismorning.

People you need to check yourselves at the door when you start throwing blame around.

Changes were on the PTS as far as I know and you neglected to inform yourselves to stop the change.

Who should the blame be on?

First people complain that they cant till when cd's will be up because nothing greys out.

So they then grey it all out for you and add a flash when GCD's are up for a visual indication that your skills are ready...

So now your complaining about that.

Honestly you can all eat your own words because you wanted a change the very next update you got it.... dont like it well sorry not sure *** you want to be honest, you dont want to test new changes.....

WHAT DO YOU WANT!

Edited by Barracudastr

What I want is the ability to modify the UI the way I want it to behave, and no amount of testing will help with that. I also don't want them to change the damn thing every few weeks and force me to adapt to it.

Where have you been?

They have been hammered about the CD's by EVERYONE. So ya they changed it.

Sorry it wasn't to your liking perhaps you should be more proactive and less reactive.

People should not have to level up additional characters on a test server to make sure Bioware isn't going to make them barf or go into seizures with UI changes.

Let people clone their characters over and maybe stuff will get tested better?

Telling people they have no right to complain because they didn't make new characters to go test whatever changes beforehand on a separate server is just idiotic. They're paying customers now, they don't have to test. And they get to complain as much as they want. And if Bioware doesn't listen or care, yes- they get to take their money elsewhere.

My only issue is that the waterfall animation of the new cooldown doesn't complete when the cooldown is up (especially GCD) so it can cause players to hesitate waiting for skills to "light up" again when they are actually available. Edited by Selethar

The only thing I don't get, is why they changed in the first place. No one complained about the way it was prior to the first change, that I remember. But there have been little other then complaints since then.

Kinda goes to the rule of if it's not broke, don't fix it.

People should not have to level up additional characters on a test server to make sure Bioware isn't going to make them barf or go into seizures with UI changes.

Let people clone their characters over and maybe stuff will get tested better?

Telling people they have no right to complain because they didn't make new characters to go test whatever changes beforehand on a separate server is just idiotic. They're paying customers now, they don't have to test. And they get to complain as much as they want. And if Bioware doesn't listen or care, yes- they get to take their money elsewhere.

I am saying no one said a damned thing on the PTS about the changes being bad, and yes theres plenty that tested it.

I am saying people complained about how it was before.

Look at it from biowares prespective.

Okay guys they dont like the new change we gotta make it more visual so they can tell when they can use skills.

Okay lets have it all darker on cd and flash when it comes off. Alright sounds good roll it out in the next patch to the PTS.

2 Weeks on the PTS:

Okay guys no one is complaining about the new Cooldowns so lets roll that to the live servers int he patch also.

Is everyone really so ignorant that they lose all common sense and rational when something isn't the way they want it?

The PTS would be more popular if you didn't have to start from level 1. Curently it's a pain in the *** to deal with so the majority of your playerbase isn't going to bother with it.

WoW test servers are popular because you can copy your toon over or fire up a max level premade and actually test everything out.

Also - we BETA tested this game for months and months and bugs that were reported in month one were present at launch, so Bioware doesn't have a history of actually fixing issues that players report in a real "testing" environment. It's like they wait for it to go live and enjoy dealing with the community backlash.

The only thing I don't get, is why they changed in the first place. No one complained about the way it was prior to the first change, that I remember. But there have been little other then complaints since then.

Kinda goes to the rule of if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Pretty much. It was perfectly fine in 1.0. And they they ruined it. Twice.

The PTS would be more popular if you didn't have to start from level 1. Curently it's a pain in the *** to deal with so the majority of your playerbase isn't going to bother with it.

WoW test servers are popular because you can copy your toon over or fire up a max level premade and actually test everything out.

Also - we BETA tested this game for months and months and bugs that were reported in month one were present at launch, so Bioware doesn't have a history of actually fixing issues that players report in a real "testing" environment. It's like they wait for it to go live and enjoy dealing with the community backlash.

You didn't need anything other then a level 1 to see the change.

And there were plenty of people testing that do have high levels on the PTS and there were no complaints. So can you really sit here and blame them for making a change that was in testing for 2 weeks by players and they had no real issue with it?

No you cant.

Not being able to transfer your characters to the PTR is a bad design decision in an of itself. If they did that, more people would give them free testing and feedback. Not many people are going to spend the several weeks (or month+) building up a level 50 that could possibly be permanently erased when there is an actual game to play and character or characters to progress.

You trust a company to make good decisions. Whoever designed the new GCD disco flash on the action bars did so poorly. Whoever approved this needs a very stern talking to, at a minimum. This GCD change is the single worst UI design decision in the history of Bioware, and I've been with them since Baldur's Gate 1.

Not being able to transfer your characters to the PTR is a bad design decision in an of itself. If they did that, more people would give them free testing and feedback. Not many people are going to spend the several weeks (or month+) building up a level 50 that could possibly be permanently erased when there is an actual game to play and character or characters to progress.

You trust a company to make good decisions. Whoever designed the new GCD disco flash on the action bars did so poorly. Whoever approved this needs a very stern talking to, at a minimum. This GCD change is the single worst UI design decision in the history of Bioware, and I've been with them since Baldur's Gate 1.

Why are you all focusing on character level on the PTS.

That has nothing to do with my topic.

My topic is saying they made a change people tested, other people could have tested it as well, and no you dont need a high level to see a skill cooldown change ffs. No one made complaints about it therefore it went live.

Thats what I am saying it has nothing to do with how high a character is.

If so no one complained about the 2 weeks it was being tested thus why you guys have a cooldown function you apparently hate.

You cant sit here and throw stones at BW for implementing a change you had 2 weeks to test yourself and give feedback.

All I see in the test forums is people fighting about class balance and nothing on what everyone is raging about tismorning.

People you need to check yourselves at the door when you start throwing blame around.

Changes were on the PTS as far as I know and you neglected to inform yourselves to stop the change.

Who should the blame be on?

First people complain that they cant till when cd's will be up because nothing greys out.

So they then grey it all out for you and add a flash when GCD's are up for a visual indication that your skills are ready...

So now your complaining about that.

Honestly you can all eat your own words because you wanted a change the very next update you got it.... dont like it well sorry not sure *** you want to be honest, you dont want to test new changes.....

WHAT DO YOU WANT!

To answer your question without reading the dribble in between....

No, this change was NOT on the PTS....it was a surprise UI attack and it failed miserably so you can stop now. People didn't even have the chance to complain before hand, much like they did for the first Ilum change.

To answer your question without reading the dribble in between....

No, this change was NOT on the PTS....it was a surprise UI attack and it failed miserably so you can stop now. People didn't even have the chance to complain before hand, much like they did for the first Ilum change.

Okay so it wasn't on the PTS.

Then in that case its on BW 100% for being idiots.

Where have you been?

Sorry it wasn't to your liking perhaps you should be more proactive and less reactive.

I doubt you'll devote the time to research this, but I actually posted a couple of times when the CD effect was last changed, stating that I wasn't bothered by it. I did not ask for it to be changed again.

As for being more proactive, what more am I supposed to do to let them know that I want a moddable UI? Spam the forums with my requests? Unsubscribe in protest until they implement it? What?

You didn't need anything other then a level 1 to see the change.

And there were plenty of people testing that do have high levels on the PTS and there were no complaints. So can you really sit here and blame them for making a change that was in testing for 2 weeks by players and they had no real issue with it?

No you cant.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=265005

It was reported as an issue in at least that thread. I'm not going to crawl through the rest of the forum to find additional complaints.

Bioware doesn't listen though - like I said in my previous post. They wait for community backlash before addressing things that testers are actually complaining about.

Hell a level one would do.

Run out and hit a few mobs and see the effect.

People are being completely ignorant about this.

having 2 abilites ve 31 that us juggs have ot manage is quite a difference. right not at 50 my hotbar is always gseyed out as i never stop hitting buttons, meaning its impossible to tell waht is ready. if i played slower and waited for my hotbar to light back up it wouldnt be a problem....other then gimping my performance and dps.