Can you fix the Dye and Unify companion conversation/cutscene bug?

Reno_Tarshil

Really sucks to have picked out a good look for my companions only to have it revert to clown costume state during companion conversations and certain cut scenes.

Seconded! All my trooper companions have different dyed armors, and the dyes don't show up is the cutscenes, which has kind of ruined my recordings. Hopefully this'll be fixed, or at least looked into!

Seconded! All my trooper companions have different dyed armors, and the dyes don't show up is the cutscenes, which has kind of ruined my recordings. Hopefully this'll be fixed, or at least looked into!

I know your feels especially when I put all my havoc squad members in the same armor style only with different colors

This has been since launch I believe. At least for the last year. Uh.. yeah, it's not getting fixed. Enjoy. ;) Sorry to be so nasty about it, but I too am tired of all the texture errors.

Unify colors hasn't even existed since launch. It wasn't part of the original code. Maybe that's why it's bugged in the first place, they simply missed something.

My Jaesa wears a dress top from the drummond kaas social vendor and a elegant dress bottom, belt, gloves, boots from a Cartel pack, the top is white, the bottom black, ofc with the color match she is my beautiful white knight, but when i see her in convo, its horrible, white blouse and black skirt, with black gloves. it makes her look aweful.

I've definitely noticed this problem and would love to have it fixed. Companion conversations that have to take place on the ship are a disappointment when the outfit I carefully pieced together and dyed for my Companion turns ridiculous. At least with the hide Companion head slot bug, I can just take the head piece off!

A couple months after launch, I finished my first character and took a screenshot of the final "group picture" scene. I was so proud of myself for having managed to get all my Companions in matching gear and non-awful headgear. But boy was I happy when they introduced Companion match to chest. No more having to hunt for matching gear for each Companion!

. . . unless you want them to look good in cutscenes on your ship. Which is where some very important story things and Companion conversations happen. >.<

Edited by Gwena

Someone explained in another thread that the Devs have put it down to horribly cluttered original coding. The code is a mess in those original conversations and not a quick fix. This is why unify works in new cut scenes, but not any of the originals.

I very much feel your pain. I have a very nice kit for my entire Imperial Agent team and it looks like a hodge podge of garbage in the final clips.

Someone explained in another thread that the Devs have put it down to horribly cluttered original coding. The code is a mess in those original conversations and not a quick fix. This is why unify works in new cut scenes, but not any of the originals.

I very much feel your pain. I have a very nice kit for my entire Imperial Agent team and it looks like a hodge podge of garbage in the final clips.

This wouldn't surprise me. The Sith Warrior had buggy convos with Pierce for the longest time.... I just wish we could get a "Hey, we know about this and are looking into it."

This has been since launch I believe. At least for the last year. Uh.. yeah, it's not getting fixed. Enjoy. ;) Sorry to be so nasty about it, but I too am tired of all the texture errors.

Yeah, this is one of those bugs that have been around so long, it is now considered a feature. Enjoy. :mad:

I know when I gear my companions, I avoid using dye or color matching. As I know companion conversations are going to be messed up by gear distractions. I know, OCD in action. This is plainly an example of a prominent and complete lack of attention to DETAIL, that is persistent through-out this game. Just another papercut and a perfect signature of Biowares development priority. That priority is the Cartel Market.

Edited by DakotaDoc

And Hide Helmet too. I agree it's a very sorry sight watching my favorite companions wearing clown suits in cut-scenes, but also agreed this is something on a nearly infinite list of bugs that will NEVER be fixed. Edited by TheOuroborus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm replaying some stories and I'm peeved by this all over again.

You want to rope in players by making the story available for free. You want those players to pay for dyes and unify-color unlocks. And when they do, they get cut scenes (which are supposed to be highlights, showing customized characters in all rendered detail and glory) in which none of what they paid for takes effect. :confused: I don't see this making a good argument for paying for anything.

• 4 years later...