Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Eric - What Will Bolster Be Set To in 5.10?????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Eric - What Will Bolster Be Set To in 5.10?????

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
10.26.2018 , 08:53 AM | #1
This is a fair question that deserves a fair and honest answer Eric.

If you don't know yet.. then just say so, and tell us why you don't know yet.

If you do know.. then please communicate it.

Thanks.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

WayOfTheWarriorx's Avatar


WayOfTheWarriorx
10.26.2018 , 09:17 AM | #2
I'd be really surprised if they didn't raise the bolster level to at least 248, as with the two new gear tiers you are looking at the possibility of players in 230-236 going up against players eventually who will be in 258 gear, so you are looking a potential 5 tier gear difference.

If they at least raise it to 248 it would preserve gear tier difference of at max 2 which would be less than we have even now which would be an improvement.

I doubt highly they will raise it about 252, as they probably won't want to make PVPers effectively have 258 gear immediately without having to do one thing for the improved stats while there is still the BIS gear being shared between PVEers and PVPers. That works fine if their isn't BIS gearing involved, but you could see how raiders would than say, how come they have to do all the work to get to that level of stat pool while PVPers don't have to do anything to get it. It would be a reasonable point.

I'm not against it mind you, and would be fine with it if they did it, I just don't see them doing under the current conditions. Although at the start of 5.0 they did have bolster set to 250 and that was a gear level that is still impossible to get even now, so that may serve as a precedent for the consideration. It may also be the reason they took it away though.

I think a 248 bolster level should be the minimum of what they do. I'll be shocked if they leave a 5 tier gear difference potential in PVP possible. The gear gap is arguably manageable now [many pvpers think its too much tho as it is], 230s mixed with 258s? Actually, now that I think of it, those with lower than 242 are bolstered to 242. In that case it would make more sense to have the new bolster raised to 252 and would still leave a benefit for people to still want/need to get 258. Otherwise the health pool difference alone could be 15k or possibly more depending on the stat gains from the new tiers, to say nothing of the all the other effected stats. That's not a tenable situation and would be vastly unfair. It couldn't work and would be disastrous for PVP. 248 at least with be mandatory I think with consideration of the new 258 tier coming into the mix. I can't imagine they wouldn't raise the bolster to at least 248.

Ld-Siris's Avatar


Ld-Siris
10.26.2018 , 09:36 AM | #3
On the flip side people spent a long time grinding to 248 and just grantinging it is a bit unfair. Especially since they stated the new tier isnít even meant for casual players and they repeatedly said only the most hard core players will be able to get it. In fact either way you get it it will take months for you to even grind out a set so itís not like youíre even gonna see a slbunch of people running around in it. And since most players wonít get it what would be the point? In fact many players would use it as an excuse not to gear (like players you see in ranked) Bolster is not the same as BiS gear. Raising the bolster could actually cause harm.

Just playing devilís advocate here.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
10.26.2018 , 01:40 PM | #4
I dual posted this topic both here and in PTS. Eric responded in PTS.. with ------> "yes bolster will be raised, let me get the exact number for the team".

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=955569

So.. PvPers.. keep an eye on that thread, and if the number comes back too low in your opinion.. then comment and work to persuade them to adjust accordingly. Please.. don't throw tantrums, or spaghetti, just work objectively to persuade them if the number comes back wrong in most players view.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

DzastinBiberi's Avatar


DzastinBiberi
10.26.2018 , 01:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ld-Siris View Post
On the flip side people spent a long time grinding to 248 and just grantinging it is a bit unfair. Especially since they stated the new tier isnít even meant for casual players and they repeatedly said only the most hard core players will be able to get it. In fact either way you get it it will take months for you to even grind out a set so itís not like youíre even gonna see a slbunch of people running around in it. And since most players wonít get it what would be the point? In fact many players would use it as an excuse not to gear (like players you see in ranked) Bolster is not the same as BiS gear. Raising the bolster could actually cause harm.

Just playing devilís advocate here.
I have to agree. Tbh I've spent alot of time grinding for 248 sets and 236 augs and just to give away 248 bolster just like that, seems unfair.

But it's BW, if it's a logical sentence/suggestion, they'll do the exact opposite.

Ld-Siris's Avatar


Ld-Siris
10.26.2018 , 03:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
I have to agree. Tbh I've spent alot of time grinding for 248 sets and 236 augs and just to give away 248 bolster just like that, seems unfair.

But it's BW, if it's a logical sentence/suggestion, they'll do the exact opposite.
Hahaha I know right!

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.26.2018 , 05:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
please communicate it.
Good luck pal.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
10.26.2018 , 08:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
I have to agree. Tbh I've spent alot of time grinding for 248 sets and 236 augs and just to give away 248 bolster just like that, seems unfair.

But it's BW, if it's a logical sentence/suggestion, they'll do the exact opposite.
LoL, all that hard work at the coal face for pixels

If gear isnít bolstered once we have 258 in the game, pvp would die really fast.

If itís not 252 lvl, then weíll have the same problem we had when booster was only 236.
Big gear gaps
Gear gods destroying casuals
Casuals stop playing
Pvp dies

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
10.26.2018 , 08:15 PM | #9
The good thing is how well communication flows between swtor and it's playerbase. I am just glad they have a community manager who engages the community so often, it's truly refreshing.

All these questions and concerns players have should be assuaged, not ignored. That's what is really irksome for me, honestly speaking.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
10.27.2018 , 01:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
The good thing is how well communication flows between swtor and it's playerbase. I am just glad they have a community manager who engages the community so often, it's truly refreshing.

All these questions and concerns players have should be assuaged, not ignored. That's what is really irksome for me, honestly speaking.
As I noted earlier Mr Grumpy Bear... Eric actually responded to my questions, confirmed bolster will be raised and will provide the actual bolster number as soon as he can confirm it with the dev team.

In other news.. there are fresh salmon runs in that stream over there.... go get em!
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.