Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

252/258 gear for "pure" PVPers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
252/258 gear for "pure" PVPers

Mycroft-Tarkin
10.12.2018 , 05:15 AM | #11
I do feel we kind of brought this upon ourselves because in Ranked you have farming groups which make Ranked rewards really easy to gain with a 8 man group even if no one knows how to play PvP. Warzones are well, warzones and they've never had any serious rewards to them. As a PvPer I'm at a loss on how they can make this new tier of gear available to PvPers but also remain hard to get.

Which is why I think they should either give a 258 bolster or 248 under-bolster.

nepochop
10.12.2018 , 05:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
As I am only working from the bullet points listed on dulfy at the above address, perhaps it is stated in a more indepth overview of 5.10 and I am simply unaware of it. If you can point me in the direction where this is stated I'd like to see what we will be working with if that's the case as that may drastically alter my opinion on it.
For that you need to watch the stream itself, they were talking 90 minutes so they said much more info than Dulfy has published in her notes

Charles said that there will be some weekly time limit so that you can only buy maybe a few gear pieces so that the gearing takes weeks even if you have 100k UCs. So if you would be gearing purely from UCs it will take you time and there is also this price increase where it will become too much after a few weeks to buy new gear. This will basically force pure PVPers to go do PVE stuff for faster gear gain.

merovejec
10.12.2018 , 05:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Mycroft-Tarkin View Post
I do feel we kind of brought this upon ourselves because in Ranked you have farming groups which make Ranked rewards really easy to gain with a 8 man group even if no one knows how to play PvP. Warzones are well, warzones and they've never had any serious rewards to them. As a PvPer I'm at a loss on how they can make this new tier of gear available to PvPers but also remain hard to get.
Group ranked rewards have completely messed up that format of the game. You can see it by rating the players have reached 2200+ ratings by mainly farming mat farmers, this is so silly.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

giorgo
10.12.2018 , 05:48 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by nepochop View Post
For that you need to watch the stream itself, they were talking 90 minutes so they said much more info than Dulfy has published in her notes

Charles said that there will be some weekly time limit so that you can only buy maybe a few gear pieces so that the gearing takes weeks even if you have 100k UCs. So if you would be gearing purely from UCs it will take you time and there is also this price increase where it will become too much after a few weeks to buy new gear. This will basically force pure PVPers to go do PVE stuff for faster gear gain.
You have to grind reputation too on top of everything else.You can't just buy the piece of gear and equip it.This new gearing system is so f****d up, i am out of words.

merovejec
10.12.2018 , 06:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by giorgo View Post
You have to grind reputation too on top of everything else.You can't just buy the piece of gear and equip it.This new gearing system is so f****d up, i am out of words.
Yes indeed, from the viewpoint of PVPers this is really bad. You are only fine if you are in one of the few NiM guilds since they can be running the ops at NiM level and farm shards and mats, which will give them access to unlimited gear in the first days of the operation.

They will also get PTS to train for the fights so people will more or less one shot the bosses when they come live and only farm gear, then get billions from the people in game for selling them gear.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

Ed-ward
10.12.2018 , 06:11 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Group ranked rewards have completely messed up that format of the game. You can see it by rating the players have reached 2200+ ratings by mainly farming mat farmers, this is so silly.
True, but mat farmers are in my opinion probably the only reason why there still are group ranked. I think after BW changes mechanics and PvE players won't have to endure the TR farm humiliation, the queue will be pretty much over. Only the same 20 guys battling each other over and over again. Twice per week. Hating and shaming anybody new out of the queue. Mat farmers will be replaced by friendlies on alts as it will be extremely easy to sync queue with nobody else online. All you need is eight buddies(or alts), regardless of gear, skill or anything. Welcome 3k elo again.
Darth Malgus EU, Forceborne legacy:
Sowelu (Sage), Plasmatica (Vanguard), Asurae (Sentinel)
Shandaara (Mercenary, Powertech), Electrix (Sorcerer)
https://www.twitch.tv/edward8d

Yezzan
10.12.2018 , 06:51 AM | #17
the new tier of gear is for NiM raiders to compete in the new MM GoTM

Raansu
10.12.2018 , 07:44 AM | #18
I literally just resubbed a few days ago after not playing for a long time because I was bored and just simply had that itch for some swtor pvp......this news literally makes me want to quit again. When I play this game, the majority of the time I pvp. I don't like being forced to pve to be geared for pvp. Hell I don't even want to go near ranked because I don't have 248 gear and the new augments are stupid expensive.

For the love of all that is good, give us pvp gear back in 6.0 and backtrack on these ridiculous augments recipes so they don't cost millions of credits.

Lhancelot
10.12.2018 , 07:58 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
This will suck, so if you dont have a NiM raid group you will be stuck with gearing up using UCs but only until it becomes too expensive. Then you will have to save credits to buy from the crafters who run NiMs. So again the rich will become even richer as maybe only 50-80 people will be successfully running Gods NiM.

The prices for the crafted gear will be astronomical, as will the sales runs be.
I hate jumping to conclusions but honestly if this is how it will work, I am done.

They have made RNG such a big facet of their gearing as well as what you get in WZs that it's getting to be not worth the time invested.

You shouldn't have to pray that you get gear drops from stupid RNG crates for months.

PVP experience is heavily influenced by RNG! RNG shouldn't be the predominant factor in what determines the type of WZ match you will get, yet to get a great match you really have to have a perfect storm for the match to be enjoyable. I mean you are dependent on who is on your team; objective players or not, good players or not, who you face - good or not, so many factors involved! Add in the fact RNG also determines what map you get, and it's just way too many uncertainties, it's a big gamble every time you sit in the PVP queue waiting for the match and usually you lose more than you gain due to all the mitigating factors that will determine how your match will go which usually is bad.

No one wants to grind indefinitely off RNG and then on top of that to only be able to gear a few toons properly. They have totally missed the mark with their design direction. They seem intent on pushing the game and it's players into a pigeonhole of not playing alts and relying on hard grinds and RNG to gear up.

None of these factors encourage players to play more, it does the exact opposite! No one wants to invest time into uncertainties and that's what RNG is, and no one wants to grind hardcore for a year just to get a few toons geared... People like to play all of their toons and see progression at a rate they are highly competitive and not gimpy especially for PVP and raiding/PVE.

I am just tired now. Been positive, try to give them the benefit of the doubt but I am feeling like this next big patch is going to be just like 5.0 was for me. 5.0 crushed my desire to play and it took me nearly two years to get over my resentment of 5.0 and come back. If they beat me away again like they did with 5.0, I am most likely done here.

Maybe they know something I don't, and feel that this direction will liken the chances of SWTOR improving in the long run but I don't see it.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

DavidAtkinson
10.12.2018 , 08:07 AM | #20
Fine by me if I can buy the gear with UC's by trading in master shards or what... I have over 45k UC's anyway. The only mystery is how much will the new gears cost.

Furthermore, I play only one character for years now....