Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How are tanks doing in WZs post 5.9.3?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How are tanks doing in WZs post 5.9.3?

Mournblood
10.02.2018 , 02:49 PM | #1
Read the patch notes and it seems BW finally got Shield to work in PvP. Since I've essentially stopped PvPing, I was curious how tanks are doing now that one of their "tank" stats is actually useful in PvP? Is it helpful enough to provide incentive to move away from Skanking?
Mourne, Founder

CaptRogue
10.03.2018 , 09:06 AM | #2
I would like to know this too.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

cairax
10.03.2018 , 11:02 AM | #3
Nothing changes, if they let tank stats affect guard dmg then maybe ppl will use different setups.

xMaranathax
10.03.2018 , 11:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cairax View Post
Nothing changes, if they let tank stats affect guard dmg then maybe ppl will use different setups.
Currently, guard damage has to roll through the tank stats. Test it out. Guard a target in a place such as Outlaw's Den and have an enemy attack that target. Pop a DCD that increase defense or shield chance, and you will see it is affected.

I think the change is good, but we need some damage restored. Sure, we can last longer now, but we need some offense too.

Talyc Manda
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

KendraP
10.03.2018 , 12:58 PM | #5
Being on a bit of a rage induced hiatus, i do not know how 5.9.3 has affected tanking.

I do believe, however, that "nerfing" tank damage without actually nerfing tank damage was at least part of the point.

As of about a week ago, a well played tank was already a pain to kill, this merely throws them a bone to nerf their own damage.

Kaizersan
10.03.2018 , 05:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
Read the patch notes and it seems BW finally got Shield to work in PvP. Since I've essentially stopped PvPing, I was curious how tanks are doing now that one of their "tank" stats is actually useful in PvP? Is it helpful enough to provide incentive to move away from Skanking?
Tested my guardian tank shield and absorb build shield at 50% and absorb at 47% with absorb boosting relic and with a dedicated healer on me I am nearly unkillable with the exception of full team focus or proper healer stunning but even without a healer my up time is generally double of what it used to be.

Rafiknoll
10.03.2018 , 11:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
Tested my guardian tank shield and absorb build shield at 50% and absorb at 47% with absorb boosting relic and with a dedicated healer on me I am nearly unkillable with the exception of full team focus or proper healer stunning but even without a healer my up time is generally double of what it used to be.
Which means an assassin tank should feel an even greater improvement due to the superior shield+abs he can reach (something like 60% shield all the time and absorb varying between 50-60%, and that is while excluding the possible bonus of 30% absorb for 20 seconds for each recklessness and the effect of tanky relics, though I don't use tank relics).

Will give my personal feedback when I can get my head out of Assassin's Creed Odyssey

KendraP
10.03.2018 , 11:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
Which means an assassin tank should feel an even greater improvement due to the superior shield+abs he can reach (something like 60% shield all the time and absorb varying between 50-60%, and that is while excluding the possible bonus of 30% absorb for 20 seconds for each recklessness and the effect of tanky relics, though I don't use tank relics).

Will give my personal feedback when I can get my head out of Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Ill test it when i quell the rage monster i still have from 5.9.2 and the fact they made another stupid huttball map.

ultimarb
10.04.2018 , 02:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
I am nearly unkillable with the exception of full team focus or proper healer stunning but even without a healer my up time is generally double of what it used to be.
wow a dream come true. longer time to kill. that's exactly what pvp needed most.

and it benefits skank tanks too...amazing.
with just 20% basic shield he can actually shielding a crit...no one see this coming....
so what should be the benefit of going full tank gear instead of dps gear?

Lhancelot
10.04.2018 , 09:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Ill test it when i quell the rage monster i still have from 5.9.2 and the fact they made another stupid huttball map.
This huttball map is fun. Stop being a negative nancy and log in and play!
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696