Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

De Sync and Mobility due to this ruin pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
De Sync and Mobility due to this ruin pvp

zhezvya
10.31.2018 , 12:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
rofl mind if i steal this quote? this is exactly how i feel about the game too
No, I don't
Kira Kira TheDebofNight

Kazz_Devlin
10.31.2018 , 11:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
You can't take abilities off a class that actually make it fun. They already added inability to use stun breakers or stuns when carrying the ball which has only discouraged people from grabbing the ball.

Adding more restrictions to what a player can do in the WZ would totally ruin any fun of the class.

Easiest thing to do is simply allow people to avoid queing huttball or whatever else it is they hate.

I honestly didn't find de-sync issues gamebreaking when I played. I did find them nerfing my abilities when carrying the ball atrocious though, and it only made me not try to carry the ball.

For people that find de-syncing a game breaker just being able to avoid the HB WZs would be fine imo.
Really cause i can't use my phantom stride on quesh huttball BECAUSE THEY TOOK IT AWAY! Yet operatives can roll through crap all day long, sorcs can pop bubble in acid no problem. If you neuter one you should neuter all

KendraP
10.31.2018 , 02:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
Really cause i can't use my phantom stride on quesh huttball BECAUSE THEY TOOK IT AWAY! Yet operatives can roll through crap all day long, sorcs can pop bubble in acid no problem. If you neuter one you should neuter all
Phantom stride is akin to leap or guardian leap, which guardians also can't use with the ball near the endzone.

Try force speed. Its more akin to oper roll., and sorc cant bubble without driopping the ball

Lhancelot
10.31.2018 , 06:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
Just because some classes have some restrictions doesn't mean all classes should be gimped with restrictions. If you feel phantom stride ought to be available, then bring it up and ask for change.

How does it help by saying "since my class has an ability gimped all class abilities should be gimped too!"

It's like having a bad job with crappy benefits and complaining other jobs are better and have better benefits thus they should have their benefits removed. I rather Try to improve myself before complaining about others having things I do not.

There are some extreme exceptions but I think you get my point.

Options in a game are fun, and classes should be able to operate in WZs freely not have half their abilities gimped because the map is poorly designed and can't accommodate them.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Totemdancer
11.01.2018 , 09:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Phantom stride is akin to leap or guardian leap, which guardians also can't use with the ball near the endzone.

Try force speed. Its more akin to oper roll., and sorc cant bubble without driopping the ball
You know the force leap thing in Quesh Ball is a bug. Itís not intended. Musco has said over and over if itís not in the patch notes, itís a bug.

Musco confirmed the Warrior leap was a bug 2 years ago and theyíve still not fixed it. Iíve also personally confirmed itís a bug because it works sometimes and not others.

It is quiet possible that the phantom stride has turned into a bug because of their recent changes. Even outside of pvp itís bugged for me sometimes. It doesnt work anymore on some Mobs and NPCs Iíve been able to use it on in the past to take short cuts.

Until Bioware come clean and start putting things into the patch notes properly, how are we ever to know whatís intended and whatís a bug. Itís the same as not being able to use stun if you have the ball. Nothing in the patch notes about it and wasnít on the pts. So is that a bug or intended? Bioware refuse to answer either way.