Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hahahaha lasso is pure trolling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hahahaha lasso is pure trolling

Lundorff
10.22.2018 , 06:33 AM | #1
I basically never play PT, but for some inane reason I decided to goof around in regs with APPT yesterday, and it was some of the most retarded fun I have ever had in this game. I am completely hopeless on a PT, so my damage was mediocre at best, but several of the skill are just too funny. The mass AOE stun is very useful and the "jump at someone"-ability is a great gap opener, and it seems to have a stun / root mechanism. But the lasso is pure humor . I can not count how many times I would snatch someone just for the fun of it and break whatever they were currently doing lol. And when someone tried to run away *yoinks* . Oh and it's very fun to run circles around people with HO. Such a silly spec.

WayOfTheWarriorx
10.22.2018 , 08:32 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
I basically never play PT, but for some inane reason I decided to goof around in regs with APPT yesterday, and it was some of the most retarded fun I have ever had in this game. I am completely hopeless on a PT, so my damage was mediocre at best, but several of the skill are just too funny. The mass AOE stun is very useful and the "jump at someone"-ability is a great gap opener, and it seems to have a stun / root mechanism. But the lasso is pure humor . I can not count how many times I would snatch someone just for the fun of it and break whatever they were currently doing lol. And when someone tried to run away *yoinks* . Oh and it's very fun to run circles around people with HO. Such a silly spec.
Their AOE stun, is one of the bigger sellers to players I think, very effective and given its CD it can stop a lot of people in their tracks quite often. Awesome ability and a real pain in the *** when you are on the receiving end of it heh

The lasso thing, is awesome too. I get ganked out of no where from them all the time and every time it feels like the first time, I get so livid heh.

I know they have some DCDs issues of course, but, they have some really good points to them as well, and some players can be really effective with them.

We use to have a fantastic PT on Shadowlands, and for a time Star Forge, guys name was Jalgo, he was a member of a notorious PVP guide, Death Smile, this guy just totally demolished every single thing he saw and he wasn't at all easy to kill.

Fantastic player, one of those players that can make anything look OP AF even when it isn't.

I haven't seen him for a while, maybe 9 months, but last time I did see him, he was still destroying everything in his path. 5%er for sure.

And that Burst!!! I'm so damn envious!

Totemdancer
10.22.2018 , 09:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Their AOE stun, is one of the bigger sellers to players I think, very effective and given its CD it can stop a lot of people in their tracks quite often. Awesome ability and a real pain in the *** when you are on the receiving end of it heh

The lasso thing, is awesome too. I get ganked out of no where from them all the time and every time it feels like the first time, I get so livid heh.

I know they have some DCDs issues of course, but, they have some really good points to them as well, and some players can be really effective with them.

We use to have a fantastic PT on Shadowlands, and for a time Star Forge, guys name was Jalgo, he was a member of a notorious PVP guide, Death Smile, this guy just totally demolished every single thing he saw and he wasn't at all easy to kill.

Fantastic player, one of those players that can make anything look OP AF even when it isn't.

I haven't seen him for a while, maybe 9 months, but last time I did see him, he was still destroying everything in his path. 5%er for sure.

And that Burst!!! I'm so damn envious!
LoL, Iím with you. Everytime one pulls me itís like the first time and I fume. Itís more annoying on my Guardian because it usually happens when Iím about to leap to them and it messes it up.
Itís even worse in HB. Just about to score and some PT pulls you into the fire. Man, do I swear, lol.

If it wasnít for slightly weak DCDs or anti focus, PTs would be at the top again. They still do awesome damage that can ruin your day if youíre caught off guard or your DCDs are blown.

I know they arenít really viable for ranked (unless youíre a 5%er), but they do reasonably well in 8v8 capture maps and excel in HB (with someone who knows HB tactics).
Itís horses for courses. As long as you donít want to do Ranked, PTs are fun.

Sadly, not every class can be viable in ranked at the same time. Bioware just dont know how to balance around 8 class or 24 specs. The best they seem to be able to do is 4-5 classes or 5-6 specs.
PTs were the top 4 of that balance in ranked for a long time. Nearly as long as Mercs have been, maybe longer. I donít mind PTs arenít in the top 4 now, every class needs a turn to be ranked viable (except poor Lightning Sorcs, R.I.P). PTs will get a DCD buff eventually (that Bioware will make too much) and then theyíll get another turn and weíll all be saying how OP they are because of the great dps they can do.