How Does the Sniper Siege Tactical Work?

OOOYYY

The Sniper Siege tactical description says it increases damage by 10% to targets under Sweeping Gunfire. Does this mean that it also increases damage from Sweeping Gunfire itself by 10% or only other damage inflicted during the duration of Sweeping Gunfire? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Ok, I decided to bite the bullet and get this tactical. I'm seeing no obvious difference in sweeping gunfire's dps on a target dummy.

If the target dummy result is reflective of mobs, I think the tactical must give a 10% increase only for the damage delivered by other group members or your companions, but not your own (other than maybe your DOTs?). So it's only a little useful.

• 3 months later...

This tactical in my opinion is better for sabo and engineering. here is why. Pop orbital strike, incendiary grenade, and then use sweeping gunfire to maximize all AoE effects. Take the utility for increased 25% on sweeping gunfire etc.

Time your AoEs with team mates AoEs like force quake etc.

Like the OP I never quite read the description correctly and I assumed it was 10% more damage. In hindsight, I should have thought that seemed like a bit too much.

I was switching between Kolto Bombardment (for extra healing in vet FPs with no healer) and Sniper Siege for general use. Sniper Siege is, of course, still effective when mobs are grouped up and receiving damage from other sources.

Now I need to work on what other tacticals to use during solo play, or when not AoE'ing. I sometimes use Refraction Point, but that does have the potential problem of breaking CC on occasion.

Edited by JediQuaker

• 6 months later...

I think engineering sniper already has a very strong AOE abilties but lacks the ability to quickly take down a single boss target, at least not that much fast as the sharpshooter can.

So I think better would be to use Ruthless Interrogation tactical to boost dmg on single target bosses.