Stun bubbles STILL not "fixed"

Rousso

Let's get this out of the way - stun bubbles as they are currently are broken. I'm pretty dumbfounded that an emergency patch hasn't been issued for this yet - it's ridiculous. I'm not asking for them to be removed completely, but you NEED to do one of the following two things, and do it VERY soon (you've already had over a month now).

Please, please, please do one of these (or something better, I'm not a game designer):

1. Make the stun give us the correct amount of resolve - currently it takes 12 of them (alone) to fill resolve. TWELVE. Pathetic - so that's a potential 36 second stun, channeled abilities are destroyed by this.

2. Make the stun only occur when the bubble is broken on the caster - not EVERYONE it's casted on, what a ****-brained idea *slowclap*, you could also do with increasing the cooldown on it but slightly increase the amount of damage absorbed.

I expect to see this being addressed in the next patch notes.

Edited by Rousso

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Emergency patch" eh? I've been waiting for scrapper/concealment op love since the 1.2 nerfs.

Don't lose too much sleep over this whole huge problem you've unearthed. It's likely to be fixed around the same time they fix the smashing apes, which seeing as they encompass the largest portion of the playerbase, will probably never happen.

Why? well im sure Mercs/Sorcs/Ops DPS have all been looking for love or help since 1.2 and non of them have really seen it?

Wait the sorc Chain lightning/wrath nerf was warranted because it did too much AOE damage? Funny you say that when deathfeild and chain lightning are only longer cooldowns on smash and do less damage combined than one smash.

I'm sorry but I don't sympathize much, bubble stuns are broken , but the entire class balance of this game is pretty broke. Smashers hitting 7k smashes against geared targets, Marauders bet in game pvp utility and defensive cooldowns and assassins being able to 1v1 any class are all broken. Many of us players of "less optimal" pvp Class/specs have been waiting for almost the entire games duration to just be brought up to par enough to play in rated.

Just in case you cna't figure out who I'm talking about

-DPS ops

-DPS sorcs

-All merc specs

-Tank PT

You barely even see mercs anymore in pvp, I wonder why........

bubble stun is a mechanic that makes zero sense.

the current balance of melee dps classes also makes zero sense.

right now they are sorta-kinda-maybe-not-really cancelling each other out. the entire balance of PvP in this game is awful at best. bioware has no clear intention of rectifying the situation tho, so complaining is futile

Let's get this out of the way - stun bubbles as they are currently are broken. I'm pretty dumbfounded that an emergency patch hasn't been issued for this yet - it's ridiculous. I'm not asking for them to be removed completely, but you NEED to do one of the following two things, and do it VERY soon (you've already had over a month now).

Please, please, please do one of these (or something better, I'm not a game designer):

1. Make the stun give us the correct amount of resolve - currently it takes 12 of them (alone) to fill resolve. TWELVE. Pathetic - so that's a potential 36 second stun, channeled abilities are destroyed by this.

2. Make the stun only occur when the bubble is broken on the caster - not EVERYONE it's casted on, what a ****-brained idea *slowclap*, you could also do with increasing the cooldown on it but slightly increase the amount of damage absorbed.

No, no, no.

The way to fix the bubble is a) if the player has it on and intentionally clicks it off, no stun and b) if the bubble pops because of the timer (instead of damage), no stun.

the reason people are starting to QQ so much about bubble spec now instead of launch or anytime before 1.5 is because bubble cc filled resolve to rapidly now because of the "fix" to the resolve... bubble spec and cc training in this game is OP are they going to fix something they thought they already fixed with the new resolve system doubtful. So what can you do to prevent annoy bubbles have ANY ranged class take out the bubble when applied do damage when bubble is reapplied move away from the person and use your range abilities to break it.

No, no, no.

The way to fix the bubble is a) if the player has it on and intentionally clicks it off, no stun and b) if the bubble pops because of the timer (instead of damage), no stun.

or even better, the stun effect only applys to the sorc that made it and does not stun anyone else when applyed to any other teammate.

12 bubbles 36 potential stun, rofl.

This is the part where you conveniently forget that bubble can only be applied once per 20 seconds on a person, 17 if the bubbler is a dedicated healer using the PvP set bonus.

This is also the part that you forget that the bubble is actually one of our reliable healing spells (its instant yo) and to pop it is to actually give away a bunch of healing and protection. Does smash make you take more damage?

And get your facts straight, bubble stun has been in the game since day 1, i run it since pre 1.2.

Edited by Laforet

12 bubbles 36 potential stun, rofl.

This is the part where you conveniently forget that bubble can only be applied once per 20 seconds on a person, 17 if the bubbler is a dedicated healer using the PvP set bonus.

This is also the part that you forget that the bubble is actually one of our reliable healing spells (its instant yo) and to pop it is to actually give away a bunch of healing and protection. Does smash make you take more damage?

And get your facts straight, bubble stun has been in the game since day 1, i run it since pre 1.2.

As it is, 17-20 seconds is one of the shorter cooldowns in the game for a stun, nevermind an AOE stun applied to multiple players that doesn't break on damage, yet you say it as though it's some sort of grievance. The base problem is that this ability does not give enough resolve to the people it's repeatedly stunning (the average pvp scenario is a group of ~4 bubbled players repeatedly AOE stunning the opposing group). OP actually suggested increasing the protection power of your bubble, so not really forgetting about it being a reliable healing spell for you. Smash monkeys are just a nuke to everyone, and need to be dealt with with the same urgency as bubblestun.

But then again, Bioware are more interested in adding tack to the cartel market than pvp balance. The ability might have been in the game since pre 1.2, but has not always given the wrong amount of resolve.

bubble stun is a mechanic that makes zero sense.

the current balance of melee dps classes also makes zero sense.

right now they are sorta-kinda-maybe-not-really cancelling each other out. the entire balance of PvP in this game is awful at best. bioware has no clear intention of rectifying the situation tho, so complaining is futile

This. Bubble stuns were the cheap 'fix' to somewhat mitigate the OP melee classes.

I'm honestly surprised I don't see more sorcs running this spec. I personally hate running it, I feel like a battery with a bullseye on my chest 24/7. In normals I tend to stay away from it and do a different hybrid that allows me to contribute 150-200k dps while still providing some healing ability. Just depends on the group comp.

Edited by islander

Let me guess, you are a Smash Monkey and you cant 1 shot people anymore? Ranged DPS > Stun BUbble. They ARE going to NERF SORCS again anyways so that the stun only procs off the caster and not his entire group (when bubbled)

Why don't you get your facts straight? It has not been the same since day 1. It has always been a MEZ up until they changed it to a stun in 1.4.

Developer's logic and the birth of the bubble stun.

Developer #1: People are complaining that sorcs don't have enough burst damage.

Developer #2: Any other complaints?

Developer #1: Well, people are also complaining that the PvP has way too much CC.

Developer #2: Hmmmm... I think the only logical solution is to give more sorcs survivability and a stun bubble that they can apply to EVERYONE!!! This fixes both problems... right?

Next problem!!

Developer #1: Well... for the last 9 months people have been complaining about how bad Mercs and Commandos are...

Developer #2: Those are still in the game?

Let me guess, you are a Smash Monkey and you cant 1 shot people anymore? Ranged DPS > Stun BUbble. They ARE going to NERF SORCS again anyways so that the stun only procs off the caster and not his entire group (when bubbled)

Wow, yep you've got me. I bet you're so informed you even know what colour socks I've got on. Actually, no I play an assault commando and a combat spec sentinel. I didn't want to jump on the smash bandwagon because I thought it was so broken it'd get emergency patched out so never bothered to learn the play style (lol, style) I hate smash just as much as the next guy.

Does it really take 12 to fill a resolve bar?

Yeah, I originally wrote eight but anger forced me to use hyperbole. My calculations aren't exact, I merely looked at the amount of resolve I got from one bubble stun, then used the two most accurate measuring tools I had at hand - which were my thumb and forefinger to make a guesstimate on how many "this size" go into the resolve bar. Eight's pretty accurate - which is a 24 second stun.