What happens if I get reported?

ricetomeetya

Just a few minutes from this post I was threatened by someone that I'll get reported for harassment. Whenever I asked what I did he never explained. He seemed to react negatively when I use the /yes /no emotes. I don't think he reported me, but if he did it's over something stupid. What'll happen if I get reported? I love this game; I have so many things on it and wouldn't want to lose my privileges.

nothing really. i have been "reported" many times and nothing has happened.

a few months ago i beat these two guys in a duel and they decided to kick me from the stronghold say i cheated then have nar shadaa general chat turn against them and then proceed to spam the chat with "YOUR'E ALL REPORTED SCREENSHOTED AND RECORDED"

CS agents are very lenient when it comes to investigating and handing out report punishments. Really, unless it's something extremely severe the worst that will happen in most cases is a warning but that also depends if you have managed to trigger an investigating agent with your message.

A few weeks ago they were having a discussion about one guy ****** a cute blond sitting across from him.

Yup, he's still in the game.

You may want to give some thought to your actions. I know sometimes I'm in group and/or trying to help someone and you get a whole slew of those coming across your screen. Some folks don;t realize that when you do those emotes, we all see them. If you sit there and do 20 or 30 or more of them, we all see all 20 or 30 of them.

Edited by dr_mike

A few weeks ago they were having a discussion about one guy ****** a cute blond sitting across from him.

Yup, he's still in the game.

You may want to give some thought to your actions. I know sometimes I'm in group and/or trying to help someone and you get a whole slew of those coming across your screen. Some folks don;t realize that when you do those emotes, we all see them. If you sit there and do 20 or 30 or more of them, we all see all 20 or 30 of them.

Yes. Normally i just turn off all chat except guild and group

I followed forum guidelines posted by Customer Support: "Before making a new thread, search and see if there is already an existing thread" and I got reported for necroing as I used an existing thread without creating new one about same subject. Nothing bad happened to my account except that annoying infraction they marked me with for following their rules.

I followed forum guidelines posted by Customer Support: "Before making a new thread, search and see if there is already an existing thread" and I got reported for necroing as I used an existing thread without creating new one about same subject. Nothing bad happened to my account except that annoying infraction they marked me with for following their rules.
You have to use common sense when doing that.

If it's been more than a couple of months since the discussion ended in that thread, you're necroing it and you should probably just start a new one since many issues in the old thread may have long since been dealt with and popping them back to the top of the stack just causes unnecessary confusion.

Edited by Rankyn

I've been reported a number of times, or so I've been told. I've had one warning from an in-game action. You receive it as a warning and they are NOT interested in hearing your side of the story. It isn't a debate that gets opened, they just dictate you've been warned.

I've also had two warnings for things said on these forums - people get so upset when you give them some home truths or call them cry babies......ironically they then go crying to BW and you may or may not get a warning.

The problem is Customer Support are human. They make judgements base upon their own biases and prejudices.

We like to think we are logical but we act primarily upon emotions. We usually make decisions based on our emotions and then try to justify them with logic.

I've been reported a number of times, or so I've been told. I've had one warning from an in-game action. You receive it as a warning and they are NOT interested in hearing your side of the story. It isn't a debate that gets opened, they just dictate you've been warned.

I've also had two warnings for things said on these forums - people get so upset when you give them some home truths or call them cry babies......ironically they then go crying to BW and you may or may not get a warning.

I got a message from support about a safe place. People want to be safe from uncomfortable truths.

Nothing will happen - I have reported people speed hacking in wz and submitted my live stream clips as evidence and they do nothing about it. Unless you do exploits like buy millions of chairs etc then you wont get banned or anything.

Bioware will need your subscription money more then ever now it will take a lot for you to get banned.

Just a few minutes from this post I was threatened by someone that I'll get reported for harassment. Whenever I asked what I did he never explained. He seemed to react negatively when I use the /yes /no emotes. I don't think he reported me, but if he did it's over something stupid. What'll happen if I get reported? I love this game; I have so many things on it and wouldn't want to lose my privileges.

The answer is: it completely depends on what you did or did not do.

Sometimes it is just an empty threat to try to intimidate you. Sometimes the threat is real, but is still frivolous and designed to try to intimidate you. Kind of like people in the forum demanding you leave a thread because you disagree with them, or attacking you personally in response and trying to provoke you to cross the line so they can report you. These are all intimidation tactics.

Now... if they get up in your face about it in game and tell you they reported you..... yada.... yada... just put them on ignore. That generally drives them bat-#$%^ crazy because it inhibits them trying to bully you. You also, by the way, could report them for harassment. :)

Now.. if you actually did do something wrong (clearly against the ToS/EULA), once investigated, if the studio agrees... they will tell you exactly what you did and why it was wrong. They will not however ever respond back to the person reporting you... unless perhaps they have been flagged for harassing other players with frivolous reports.

Edited by Andryah

That really all depends on a combination of the threads age, the sub forum you did it in and if what you had to add to it was sufficient enough to validate rectifying it. Twice perhaps I've resurrected threads that were close to 4 years old and I've never been warned for it. Likely due to my impassioned response to the subject matter. The first was a thread about the morality of the choice at the conclusion of the Troopers story and the second was about the entity in the SW story line.