Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouseover Healing

Kassiopia
02.06.2012 , 01:42 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Achromatis View Post
"Good enough" does not mean its the best way to do something. And whats wrong with using one hand? People use gaming mice and have their skills keybound to it already.

For me I want mouseover healing because I CAN heal just fine without them, but I do not enjoy it as much as I do with mouseovers. I avoid grouping as much as I otherwise would if I had mouseovers.

Edit: Control input has nothing to do with being a good healer, and having mouseovers or click casting doesnt magically make someone a pro.
This is logical. And I agree if it makes the game easier it should be a option but getting mouseover should not overshadow the issues going on in game right now. This would be ideal later so I am not insisting that we never get it.

P.s. Sorry for multiple texts typing on my phone =/

darreke
02.06.2012 , 08:38 AM | #322
Quote:
Explain how you'll use mouseover healing with one hand, please. I'm pretty convinced you don't even know what it is.

Left click on target frame = Heal 1
right click on target frame = heal 2
middle click on target frame = heal 3
mousebutton 4 on target frame = heal 4
mousebutton 5 on target frame = /dance
etc...

how many hands do YOU really need if you get mouseover healing ? looks like it's waaaaay to complicated for you to figure out.

You do know that mouseclicks can be bound too, do you ? Oh wait, maybe i should use pictures to explain it... if i could be bothered

With mouseover healing, why even have a target, it also fixes the target of the target (oh wait, that is allready fixed then). Focus target, well lets remove that too, not needed anymore.
lets just remove all targetting from the healers, it's not like they need it. Right ?

For all those saying that mouseover healing is the same as regular healing, you've never healed without a macro i guess. The whole charm of clicking then healing is misstargetting.

But i give up seeing the size of this thread anyhow, lets just introduce autotargetting instead of mouseover.
Lets make it so that when you click a heal it will automaticly heal the person needing it the most. Lets remove all the managing, there is no need to triage ppl, why would you ask something that hard from a player. Lets just make it more fun and make it a healingfest for everybody !!

Yes...if it was up to me i would ban any macro from this game. I love how everybody allways brag on their skill when they have the macros doing all the stuff for them.
Jupke Shagzwell
Freelance enterpreneur

dargor-
02.06.2012 , 09:02 AM | #323
It's the difference between healing being fun and being a chore.
Quote: Originally Posted by Creslan
And PVP hardcores are second class citizens. You're like the guest that won't leave and can't take a hint your not wanted so you just hang around making it miserable for everyone else at the party.
Indeed.

DanielAAMI
02.06.2012 , 11:10 AM | #324
I would love to see mouseover healing added.

Kassiopia
02.06.2012 , 01:36 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by darreke View Post
etc...

how many hands do YOU really need if you get mouseover healing ? looks like it's waaaaay to complicated for you to figure out.

You do know that mouseclicks can be bound too, do you ? Oh wait, maybe i should use pictures to explain it... if i could be bothered

With mouseover healing, why even have a target, it also fixes the target of the target (oh wait, that is allready fixed then). Focus target, well lets remove that too, not needed anymore.
lets just remove all targetting from the healers, it's not like they need it. Right ?

For all those saying that mouseover healing is the same as regular healing, you've never healed without a macro i guess. The whole charm of clicking then healing is misstargetting.

But i give up seeing the size of this thread anyhow, lets just introduce autotargetting instead of mouseover.
Lets make it so that when you click a heal it will automaticly heal the person needing it the most. Lets remove all the managing, there is no need to triage ppl, why would you ask something that hard from a player. Lets just make it more fun and make it a healingfest for everybody !!

Yes...if it was up to me i would ban any macro from this game. I love how everybody allways brag on their skill when they have the macros doing all the stuff for them.
I have a razor naga it has 18 buttons just for my right hand. The left is free to really do whatever it wants pick my nose, stuff my face, won a math debate.... Possiblities r endless

KittyPrawn
02.06.2012 , 03:52 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by darreke View Post
etc...

How does mouse-over targeting pick my target any easier than click targeting? I have to make all the same decisions as someone who has to physically click on their mouse to select a portrait.

It doesn't automate my choice of who to heal. It doesn't automate my choice of what spell to heal with. It just takes the same system and makes it more fluid.

It is no where near the next step to auto-targeting.

Also, I know I still used a focus target, and held a static target, even with mouse-over macros. I liked my focus target to watch a CC debuff. I liked my static target to hold what we're fighting, so I can either toss dps, or keep an eye on debuff/buffs/health.

And Kass - you need to stop harping on the UI issues here. We're aware they are major issues. No matter how much we whine, they aren't going to take people from one team and put it on another. They're also going to deal with things that might be easier to implement than others. But, they've also already said that in March we should have a customizable UI, they haven't mentioned mouse-overs. No point in continuing to stress that need over mouse-overs.
Kyrti of the Apsalar Legacy - 50 Rattataki Sorcerer - Canderous Ordo
Caution: Aggressive, Will Bite.

Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
What's this? Something is being improved?! To the Complain-o-tron 5000!!

OMGLasersPewPew
02.06.2012 , 04:52 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Kassiopia View Post
I have a razor naga it has 18 buttons just for my right hand. The left is free to really do whatever it wants pick my nose, stuff my face, won a math debate.... Possiblities r endless
This.

Naga healing *is* essentially mouseover healing. The only difference is that you actually have to expend energy to press the left click button to select your target.

Yes it's an expensive mouse, but once you get the mappings down, it's the best $75 you'll spend.
Shadow Guard (Begeren Colony)
Magrat - Sorcerer | Eskarina - Mercenary

Kassiopia
02.07.2012 , 01:56 AM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by OMGLasersPewPew View Post
This.

Naga healing *is* essentially mouseover healing. The only difference is that you actually have to expend energy to press the left click button to select your target.

Yes it's an expensive mouse, but once you get the mappings down, it's the best $75 you'll spend.
Agreed Left click> thumb button> change target during cast> thumb button. But even if I key bound everything to the keyboard it would be that easy too just would have to use my left hand too.

Kassiopia
02.07.2012 , 02:02 AM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
And Kass - you need to stop harping on the UI issues here. We're aware they are major issues. No matter how much we whine, they aren't going to take people from one team and put it on another. They're also going to deal with things that might be easier to implement than others. But, they've also already said that in March we should have a customizable UI, they haven't mentioned mouse-overs. No point in continuing to stress that need over mouse-overs.
I understand that. But some of the issues are NOT UI based. Like lag in between skills, skills not firing on the correct target, and just general graphic bugs such as not being able to target peoples nameplates to heal them. The more WE talk about important issues the more likely they will get addressed. So I will continue "harping" for the betterment of this game. Until then our energy should be directed to things that are "easier to implement than others".

KittyPrawn
02.07.2012 , 05:56 AM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by Kassiopia View Post
I understand that. But some of the issues are NOT UI based. Like lag in between skills, skills not firing on the correct target, and just general graphic bugs such as not being able to target peoples nameplates to heal them. The more WE talk about important issues the more likely they will get addressed. So I will continue "harping" for the betterment of this game. Until then our energy should be directed to things that are "easier to implement than others".
But they are addressing these issues. Even if we continuously bring up an issue, that isn't going to magically make the development happen any faster. All I'm saying is, harp about it in a different thread instead of detracting from this thread.

Just because you and others don't see it as an important issue for the betterment of the game doesn't mean that everyone agrees with you.
Kyrti of the Apsalar Legacy - 50 Rattataki Sorcerer - Canderous Ordo
Caution: Aggressive, Will Bite.

Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
What's this? Something is being improved?! To the Complain-o-tron 5000!!