Is it just me or are threads disappearing

Totemdancer

Usually we have the occassional thread disappear or moved for certain reasons. We may not like it, but it happens and we usually just shrug our shoulders and move on. But I feel like more and more are just disappearing and I can't find them again.

Usually if they're moved it still shows on the page, but it would say theyve been moved, so I'm still able to find them. Does anyone know where theyve been moved or if they were just disappeared?

Because, among other things, it's against the rules to post about moderation activity.

So Thread #1 gets deleted because it got too derailed, or abusive, or whatever - that's business as usual.

But then someone creates Thread #2 that is all about "what happened to Thread #1?" That whole thread is about a moderation activity (deleting the earlier thread) - so it gets deleted for violating the "don't post about moderation activity" rule.

Then someone creates Thread #3 that is about "Hey, why'd they delete Thread #2?" - same thing, so it gets deleted for violating that rule.

Cue Thread #4 "What the heck? Why u censoring me bro??", etc., etc., etc.

Well - the game is dying and most people can see for themselves by just logging into the game and trying to do something that requires a Que Pop during prime time hours for that server.

Nerfing all the player classes doesn't help retain customers either, but hey I'm just a departing player again myself so I wish them good luck.

Oh again, this is happening again. :p

Threads who used Force Cloak in the recent days: 4 :rak_03:

It reminds me in a way of how the french rp fanmade forum was handled. On one hand we had Tam', the admin, a nice guy with whom we could have frequent discussions about anything, as he was only there to do his job normally.

And on the other hand we had «Moderator 1», up to «Moderator 5». They had their own unique icon, like a droid, with green writing and tried to sound impartial in their text, confident because they were anonymous...

That was the case for all of them, except Moderator 5, who was clearly offended and angry about anything. It was always funny when he would «Moderate» a post, because its reason where always the total opposite of what is job should be, impartial, fair and with clever thinking... oh, and he wasn't a brilliant talker too. By reading his post, you knew that, somewhere, the salt was real, along with a fine touch of rage. :rak_03:

It's clearly not the same history here, but any matter about forum Moderation now reminds me of this, especially when said moderation is completely silent and anonymous. :rak_02:

We miss you, Moderator 5 :(

I guess we'll actually need to start using reddit more. I usually don't post there because I hate the format. So I don't read it that much either.

Waste of time, since reddit is moderated by influencers which are getting goods from the developers, they also remove all the negative threads there.

Waste of time, since reddit is moderated by influencers which are getting goods from the developers, they also remove all the negative threads there.

That sounds odd as Influencers aren't allowed to post certain information under the influencers programme. It's also why Dulfy isn't part of the programme. If what you're saying is true, then they should be removing certain information threads as well. And they're not.

(I'm talking about Reddit mods, not these forums) Assuming someone is getting confused.:rak_03:

That sounds odd as Influencers aren't allowed to post certain information under the influencers programme. It's also why Dulfy isn't part of the programme. If what you're saying is true, then they should be removing certain information threads as well. And they're not.

(I'm talking about Reddit mods, not these forums) Assuming someone is getting confused.:rak_03:

All the negative threads about the game, developers or influencers are removed on reddit (threads about swtorista or game balance for example).

Also at this point I don't even think that SWTOR has any developers left (maybe some interns are working on it (you can tell it by the quality and detail of the content they make, which looks random)), there was a leak of information sometime ago that most of them have been moved to work on Battlefront 2.

And do not forget that Keith Kanneg is just a middle level manager who has nothing to do with games (or their development) at all (EA just had to fill the producer sit).

Edited by nicolask

They remove the Threads that are considered over offensive to the staff or other players.
Those and the threads and posts that elucidate and validate objections they may not want casual readers to know about. My posts are now hidden from non-member view, i.e. they are visible only to members who are logged in. Anyone not logged in can't see them unless they are quoted in someone else's post, and even then some of those posts have disappeared too. Ugh.

[edit] Now they are back to being readable by visitors again. Wonder if there is an intermittent short somewhere?

Edited by GalacticKegger

All the negative threads about the game, developers or influencers are removed on reddit (threads about swtorista or game balance for example).

Also at this point I don't even think that SWTOR has any developers left (maybe some interns are working on it (you can tell it by the quality and detail of the content they make, which looks random)), there was a leak of information sometime ago that most of them have been moved to work on Battlefront 2.

And do not forget that Keith Kanneg is just a middle level manager who has nothing to do with games (or their development) at all (EA just had to fill the producer sit).

I see, that sucks. I'm not on Reddit much, but considering they allow certain topics, what you were saying seemed kinda odd as Influencers cant, to my knowledge.

Is it just me or are a lot of threads being made by unrecognizable names...in other words people who don't frequent the forum or are new to it, or whatever. I look down the line of posts and barely recognize any of the posters...just the odd one here and there.

Is it just me or are a lot of threads being made by unrecognizable names...in other words people who don't frequent the forum or are new to it, or whatever. I look down the line of posts and barely recognize any of the posters...just the odd one here and there.

Well, peoples are leaving, which isn't surprising. New ones are replacing the ones that are going out, especially if they changed their policy about forums. Still, you see less replacement than peoples going out, which is... interesting, to say the least.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a fair few sock accounts knocking around.

The mods have obviously been told to hair trigger the topics around here as the increasingly negative attitude (a well encouraged one) is bad for business.