Amplifiers for crafting not working maybe

mjboehm

So I rerolled some mods for the + crit for armstech, I have like + 70-80 with all the mods for my crafter. I made a bunch of the crap that is needed to make stuff but was only critting at the normal 25%. Is the + crit for doubling up on stuff or is it for something else?

I'm a bit curious about this myself. Between amplifiers, legacy perks, and companion influence, even discounting any inherent crit (which there must be, since level 1 companions can crit on missions) I should be at 90% crit rate on my armormech character. This, of course, is making the assumption that amplifiers can stack. If they can't having the ability to roll it multiple times is a bit silly. If they do stack, then they are certainly not working properly.

If we could get Eric or another member of the crew to chime in and let us know how amplifiers are supposed to work in regards to crafting, and take a look if they aren't working as intended, it would be wonderful.

Part of the issue is that I don't know that the crafting amplifier numbers are meant to represent +%... and I kinda doubt that they are, because that would be sorta broken (especially if they add up). I suspect it's more like +10 crit amplifier means +1% chance (with each +1 crit representing +0.1% or something like that), assuming they actually even work at all.

To be frank, BW could do with giving us completely transparent descriptions of effects of amplifiers, tacticals, and new set boni, with clear, exact numbers for every effect.

I haven't parsed out the crit numbers, but I have done the efficiency numbers, so they are likely the same....

Efficiency Amps don't add to your crew skil efficiency percentage, they are applied AFTER....

comparative example

base time 4hrs

50 comp (75% time efficiency)

Max effficiency gear (18%)

if they were added together

4:00 * (100% - 75% - 18%) = 16:48

what actually happens:

{4:00 * (100%-75%)}*(100%-18%) = 49:12

I suspect that crit is being applied the same way.

The consequence is that these amp bonuses only approach their true value with level 1 companions, and their actual value is reduced tby the exact amount of the normal bonuses. (so for efficiency, a max comp only sees a 4.5% improvement from a full set of 18% amplifiers... less with guild and legacy bonuses)

The consequence is that these amp bonuses only approach their true value with level 1 companions, and their actual value is reduced tby the exact amount of the normal bonuses. (so for efficiency, a max comp only sees a 4.5% improvement from a full set of 18% amplifiers... less with guild and legacy bonuses)

Thanks, that's really helpful. :)

I made some more stuff last night, the green cells I made 50 and ended up with 72 a 44% crit rate. The blue cells though I made 20 and only got 25, a 25% crit rate. Mk-11 made 3 crit on 1. My + to crit 82 with all companions used being level 50. I know it is a small sample size I plan on keeping track from here on.

My + to crit 82 .

I can tell you that the display for Crit% is absolutely wrong (and has been since 5.10)... Max Crit for subs with every Legacy and Guild perk and Amplifier possible is only a little over 59% for non orange, 54% for orange, and 44% for non-subs.

every new patch seems to break ithe display in new and interesting ways

it's *possible* the subscriber bonus for orange/not-orange and the small sample size explains your numbers, but I agree with you that they should be watched and checked.

I can tell you that the display for Crit% is absolutely wrong (and has been since 5.10)... Max Crit for subs with every Legacy and Guild perk and Amplifier possible is only a little over 59% for non orange, 54% for orange, and 44% for non-subs.

every new patch seems to break ithe display in new and interesting ways

it's *possible* the subscriber bonus for orange/not-orange and the small sample size explains your numbers, but I agree with you that they should be watched and checked.

What I mean by +82 is my + crit from amplifiers on my mods. Max is 90.

Ah... I'll be honest, I 'm not 100% sure yet how Amps for Critical or Success work exactly, other than knowing that they aren't likely to to be direct percentages (both because that'd break everything, and also because that doesn't match what people are seeing)

I made some biochem stuff last night on another toon, 45 greens and the crit rate on him with no added crit from amplifiers was just under 40%. With the +82 for greens it has always been around 44%. From my testing it adds vary little for greens and even less for blues.