Great game but a little worried...

Dilv

The story around SWTOR is amazing to me. I read the old republic books and the immersion and level that it goes to insert me into the story and lore makes this game like a favorite book that I can't put down and never want to end. With this in mind I have had to force myself to slow down the leveling a little so I don't run out of the scripted class specific and romance parts too soon. I hope that the game still has enough going for it to keep me around until the next content patch that might add more scripted story.

With that in mind I hope that Bioware will be mindful of this with frequent updates and additions that include adding on to the main story lines. I worry that they will concentrate on adding more instances and areas while the immersion of the story slowly erodes away after hitting level cap.

Any thoughts or information on this? Do they plan to continue to make this game immersive on a very personal level? Can I count on more studio time for David Hayter (voice actor for jedi knight male) and Laura Bailey (voice actress for Kira Carsen)?

I know my favorite parts of SWTOR are not the same as everyone else, so this is less an argument about what is best or worst about the game and more of "what do you think I can expect in the future" type of thing.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I saw some dev interview lore guy on the hotspot on gamespot.com they started working on newstory content long before game got released so I feel confident we will get what we want in the future. I also don't want focus on endgame to be about raids and pvp and epic gear, I want more lore and story parts.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I saw some dev interview lore guy on the hotspot on gamespot.com they started working on newstory content long before game got released so I feel confident we will get what we want in the future. I also don't want focus on endgame to be about raids and pvp and epic gear, I want more lore and story parts.

They should stop working on new stuff and fix the stuff they already have.

Edited by wrmrstacrdwower

what are you talking about bro?

When you edit your post it only changes your post, in my quote you wrote old ;) But at leats now yourpost make sense, also people working on content are not same people working on buggs and fixes and servers etc. Game development does not work the way you think, they startedworking on new stuff before beta even, content team director etc. Other work on fixes, stability, buggs, or do you want game director to do IT support as well? perhaps have level designer dosome forum moderation?

^This.^ Game needed another 6 months in the oven, IMO.

Yeah...there are things that need to be fixed and I'm sure they will (and would agree that many of them already should have). I'm just talking about the overall feel of the game though. I love the immersion and don't want that to end ;)

THANK you! :)

Np, and like I explained to other posters in your thread, game development does not work in the way they believe, there are not 100 people and on tuesdays they all do forum support, thursdays they all work billing and over the weekends they all do class balance before Monday when they start working on new content again.

They have people for each role, just like we have a tank, healer and dps they got developers, bug fixers and support :D