'End' game silliness.

Enako

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chess has three strategy components that are referred to as opening, middle game, and end game. So it's really not that silly of a concept. End game in MMOs just refers to what do people do at max level, and it's important for retaining players.

I don't want a house.

I Don't want rushed expansions.

I Don't want to 'finish' my character before new content is out.

If you want More Story there are Eight total stories 1-50 for you to experience right now. get on that. Preemtively if you would like to tell me you'd rather focus on your current 'avatar' then I have bad news. Your Avatar has done ALOT. His/Her story is used up, That's the nature of a story it ENDS.

What Endgame(ohh end?) Offers is a world past the ending of a story. Way back when Onyxia was new(the first time) I actually enjoyed going through to attunment. It was a nice little distraction from MC. Soon She died, and I killed her. For as arduous as the ony attunment was in vanilla I spent much much more time raiding with my guild, or running premade WSG on the grind to Highwarlord(never made it) All of these things had me meeting new people making friends.

While I couldn't even tell you what I had to do to become attuned to Onyxia's lair. I CAN tell you about some people I met while trying to get 45min Baron runs. Ramekin: a Tank around my age a real laid back dude with big dreams. As I was a healer we stuck to each other like caramel on apples. Reaper: a mage from the servers top raiding guild. Routinely chastised for ripping aggro off Ramekin (who was admittedly less geared by a margin) A nice guy in real life, super type A personality though. Worked at a fortune 500 company from home. Always told me to give up teaching and get a buisiness degree instead. Katma: ohhh Katma. We raided BWL together and I hate you. To this day your silly question about why I was not out of mana when YOU ran out of mana makes me laugh (Note: its because you were dumb) I know how much you flirted with moneystacks and so I was resigned to be the priest without T2. It's cool I don't hate all girl gamers, just you. Geisha: Hope your wife's health is doing well man.

Blacksorrow: Get a better name loser. =P

What I'm proving, or rather showing you. Is that story from vanilla wow (that was some time ago) Doesn't stick so much, but these PEOPLE that I met along the way, well they'll be with me basically forever. Thats what most people get out of endgame a reason to be Social, and thats a really nice thing.

I'm not trying to make a statement, I truly don't know: how is endgame in this different to endgame in vanilla wow, especially with the fact that they have said they're going to bring out new content a lot faster than blizzard did with vanilla? Is there only like one raid right now or something? i don't get it.