Idea for Bringing Revan back

Trixdope

Ok so since I personally think bioware butchered revan in swtor, I think its only right to put him to rest with a bang.

So my idea would to bring him back in a new flashpoint or Op. With the story being that at the end of the foundry when he disappears in the flash of light, he actually uses fold space to escape death. Then while being thought dead, He was slowly collecting his strength back to peak form while delving further into the darkside due to the taint from being imprisoned and mindphucked by Vitiate. So playing on how Revan was seen at the end of the foundry (Crazy+Dark) he aims to continue on with his plans of destroying the emperor and eradicating the sith.

So Revan gathers a huge army of followers using his famed charisma/leadership and gains allies of rebellious sith (humans,aliens-none with traces of Sith DNA) Revanites, and even Recruits Mandalore and the mandalorians (who don't trust the emperor anyways and want to break away from the sith and respect Revan enough to do it.)

All the meanwhile the emperor is still recovering his energy from the battle with the jedi champion so is in no position to oppose any of this atm so uses his Wrath and Dark council members to deal with Revan. Revan then wages total war on dromund kaas with Mandolorian Basilisk flying over head. Large lightsaber battles between loyal emperors sith and Revans followers. Which ends with Revan taking over Kaas City and the emperors throne room in which he holds and waits for a response from the emperor.

Thus Brings a Tier 2 HM/ or preferably OPS that has the emperor send his Wrath,council member NOX, cipher 9, and the Great hunt champion ect. to destroy him once and for all.

Which would have you fight bosses leading up to Revan such as (mandalore the Vindicated, Maybe a traitor Dark council member-Decimus/Ravage? , And maybe 1 other boss I can't think of.

Then you would arrive to Revan (in his darth outfit+mask) get a cool lil cutscene before you fight. Then while fighting the game should have Revan show his full array of attacks such as (keeping large OPS in mind) Massive force storms,Whirlwinds,force choke group ccs similar to malgus, Telekenisis Boulder throws, force heal himself, to name a few.

And when he enrages maybe he can pull out a second saber and go into Jar'Kai style with his Purple/Red Saber?

All this just came together as i was typing so of course bioware can clean it up a bit and make it fit with the story/canon but i think this would be a fitting death for the most iconic character in my opinion from the old republic era.

what do you guys think?

EDIT: Couldn't really think of a way to fit in the pub version of this FP/OP so maybe you guys could (not that i would care if they got one or not) lol IMPS UP!

Edited by Trixdope
add

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is for the heroes of this game, not the hero of the first game, we don't need him overshadowing the heroes of today just because DK screwed over the KotOR fans, you just cannot fix what they have done to the original heroes, leave it as it is and let the new heroes have their pieces, hell evolve the 'iconic' characters of this game like Satele and Jace Malcom, all those characters.

Well, it would be interesting. Sounds very epic.

But I'm kinda with Rayla on this one. I just don't see how Bioware can clean up this mess of theirs. Here's where they screwed up:

Revan is a awesome character (imo). When an awesome character presumably dies, bringing him back is not necessarily the best idea. HOWEVER if you do it right, bringing back the character would be awesome. The problem is this; they've already brough him back once and they failed terribly. To bring him back AGAIN would be a screw up in so many ways. The only good endings that exist for Revan are these:

Revan died when he fought Vitiate

OR

Revan dies after coming back into the game and doing something cool INSTEAD of the foundry nonesense.

So, in retrospect, Bioware just can't clean up this mess. Not unless they start over.

Edited by MasterMe

This game is for the heroes of this game, not the hero of the first game, we don't need him overshadowing the heroes of today just because DK screwed over the KotOR fans, you just cannot fix what they have done to the original heroes, leave it as it is and let the new heroes have their pieces, hell evolve the 'iconic' characters of this game like Satele and Jace Malcom, all those characters.

He wouldn't be overshadowing them anymore than Malgus was....I know your Revans number 1 hater on these forums so i wouldn't expect you to like the idea.

maybe they should make one about Meetra instead......oh wait lol

He wouldn't be overshadowing them anymore than Malgus was....I know your Revans number 1 hater on these forums so i wouldn't expect you to like the idea.

maybe they should make one about Meetra instead......oh wait lol

I don't want ANYBODY from before this game being involved, the difference between Malgus and Revan or the Exile or Kreia is that Malgus is kind of the Malak of this game, not the true big bad but the main antagonist/protagonist nonetheless.

I think what they(DK and BW) did to the characters of Revan, the Exile(Meetra Surik is a terrible name), HK-47, T3-M4 and others was a cop-out merely intended to make the people of the Old Republic 'better', but they have done the damage, retconning any of this stuff simply won't do any good and further ruining the mystery of the once great Revan character is the total opposite of what should be done.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I don't want ANYBODY from before this game being involved, the difference between Malgus and Revan or the Exile or Kreia is that Malgus is kind of the Malak of this game, not the true big bad but the main antagonist/protagonist nonetheless.

I think what they(DK and BW) did to the characters of Revan, the Exile(Meetra Surik is a terrible name), HK-47, T3-M4 and others was a cop-out merely intended to make the people of the Old Republic 'better', but they have done the damage, retconning any of this stuff simply won't do any good and further ruining the mystery of the once great Revan character is the total opposite of what should be done.

I think they took a giant **** on HK,T3,Meetra and Revan too but the only difference is Revan is the only one that can be saved because He didn't FOR SURE die on the foundry he just got DEFEATED so his character can be saved if they did something epic like my idea. They cant save the other 3 because they KILLED them off, there's nothing that can be done. I understand what your saying about leaving characters in the past but Bioware DIDNT leave them in the past they brought them back.

I think they took a giant **** on HK,T3,Meetra and Revan too but the only difference is Revan is the only one that can be saved because He didn't FOR SURE die on the foundry he just got DEFEATED so his character can be saved if they did something epic like my idea. They cant save the other 3 because they KILLED them off, there's nothing that can be done. I understand what your saying about leaving characters in the past but Bioware DIDNT leave them in the past they brought them back.

I don't think you get it, it wasn't big mary sue epic moments that made Revan so great, it was the mask, the mystery and the magnificence, we used to have a seriously wonderuous character in Revan, but the novel threw all of that out the window and made him some has-been with no mystery left at all, the game made it even worse.

You can't save characters who have been robbed of their uniqueness and what made them so special, especially by just slapping random powers all over them, personality>power.

Starkiller/Galen Marek was a 'force wrecking ball' as LucasArts put it, but that didn't make him a good character by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I don't think you get it, it wasn't big mary sue epic moments that made Revan so great, it was the mask, the mystery and the magnificence, we used to have a seriously wonderuous character in Revan, but the novel threw all of that out the window and made him some has-been with no mystery left at all, the game made it even worse.

You can't save characters who have been robbed of their uniqueness and what made them so special, especially by just slapping random powers all over them, personality>power.

Starkiller/Galen Marek was a 'force wrecking ball' as LucasArts put it, but that didn't make him a good character by any stretch of the imagination.

I love Revan, and I think he is a very interesting character. I understand why his figure has created so many "disciples".

But I don't think make him to revive is a good idea: the Foundry was a mess. Another resuscitation could be a disaster. I agree with Rayla, what makes Revan as Revan was his uniqueness.

the republic side could also be with the lost jedi following him instead of or with the revanites, and i hate how much malgus is around, they focus even more on him then the emperor himself, and malgus isn't even all that important, hes just some darth that lead a few battles in the war, he isn't on the dark council, he has no connection to the emperor. so why is he here?bioware used him for a focus because they either didn't have or where too stupid to use anyone else. it makes no sense why he's so important.

Ok so since I personally think bioware butchered revan in swtor, I think its only right to put him to rest with a bang.

So my idea would to bring him back in a new flashpoint or Op. With the story being that at the end of the foundry when he disappears in the flash of light, he actually uses fold space to escape death. Then while being thought dead, He was slowly collecting his strength back to peak form while delving further into the darkside due to the taint from being imprisoned and mindphucked by Vitiate. So playing on how Revan was seen at the end of the foundry (Crazy+Dark) he aims to continue on with his plans of destroying the emperor and eradicating the sith.

So Revan gathers a huge army of followers using his famed charisma/leadership and gains allies of rebellious sith (humans,aliens-none with traces of Sith DNA) Revanites, and even Recruits Mandalore and the mandalorians (who don't trust the emperor anyways and want to break away from the sith and respect Revan enough to do it.)

All the meanwhile the emperor is still recovering his energy from the battle with the jedi champion so is in no position to oppose any of this atm so uses his Wrath and Dark council members to deal with Revan. Revan then wages total war on dromund kaas with Mandolorian Basilisk flying over head. Large lightsaber battles between loyal emperors sith and Revans followers. Which ends with Revan taking over Kaas City and the emperors throne room in which he holds and waits for a response from the emperor.

Thus Brings a Tier 2 HM/ or preferably OPS that has the emperor send his Wrath,council member NOX, cipher 9, and the Great hunt champion ect. to destroy him once and for all.

Which would have you fight bosses leading up to Revan such as (mandalore the Vindicated, Maybe a traitor Dark council member-Decimus/Ravage? , And maybe 1 other boss I can't think of.

Then you would arrive to Revan (in his darth outfit+mask) get a cool lil cutscene before you fight. Then while fighting the game should have Revan show his full array of attacks such as (keeping large OPS in mind) Massive force storms,Whirlwinds,force choke group ccs similar to malgus, Telekenisis Boulder throws, force heal himself, to name a few.

And when he enrages maybe he can pull out a second saber and go into Jar'Kai style with his Purple/Red Saber?

All this just came together as i was typing so of course bioware can clean it up a bit and make it fit with the story/canon but i think this would be a fitting death for the most iconic character in my opinion from the old republic era.

what do you guys think?

EDIT: Couldn't really think of a way to fit in the pub version of this FP/OP so maybe you guys could (not that i would care if they got one or not) lol IMPS UP!

You want Revan to survive the Foundry to... kill him again? :confused:

You want Revan to survive the Foundry to... kill him again? :confused:

He's gotta die sometime and at least this way he goes out like a Bawsss! ;)

shoot if it was up to me Revan would be immortal, Darkside, and kick the **** outta gay *** luke and sideous in the future lol

the republic side could also be with the lost jedi following him instead of or with the revanites, and i hate how much malgus is around, they focus even more on him then the emperor himself, and malgus isn't even all that important, hes just some darth that lead a few battles in the war, he isn't on the dark council, he has no connection to the emperor. so why is he here?bioware used him for a focus because they either didn't have or where too stupid to use anyone else. it makes no sense why he's so important.

I take it you didnt reach ilum yet? Malgus has an intersting story arch, also i bet they are keeping things in reserve about the emperor for the future of the game.

But i get what you saying.

About Revan as much i like him, bringing him back, or making canon facts of of this nature either of the exile as well was a big mistake.

Bringing him back one more time... is bucthering his legacy one more time imo.

Edited by Spartanik

The last we need in this game is more Revan. As Rayla pointed out, Drew screwed up Revan and Meetra. Bioware made it worse. If they do anything with Revan it should be in a side quest where you discover that he died at the Foundry and leave it there. Revan needs to be laid to rest for good. No need to ruin him even more.

HOLY COW BATMAN A REVAN FAN THREAD !

I thought these were all dead , like him in the Foundry. Let me explain something

1 Revan Died Epicly , he died to 4 powerful in their own Right Characters at the Foundry , hes not a "GOD"

2 I am sick of people thinking every Character death has to meet what they feel is "EPIC" and "Justicfied" . Its sad Fanboism on behalf of every RAGGGGGGER over "My CHaracter died and it was not how Canonically they should have" or " They ignored Canon when they killed my Character " . It happened get over it !

3 Revan hopefully died , hes served his purpose . I love Foundry , I do not get why Revan Fans get their panties in a twist when they talk about it ?!

We most likely do need a new Villian , but Revan won't be that person . He finally found himself in Death . He went out all Obi-Wan and Sidious like . When powerful Forceusers die they usually die in some fantastic way , like Sidious when Vader tossed him down they Giant Pipe Gutter like a Doll.

You might not like the way your Characters are killed , but thats life and no one ever likes how their favorite characters die .

Canonly it happens , in order to kill a Character it has to be agreed upon through the chains Period.

EDIT: The only thing I am upset about with Meetra and TOR is they could not atleast give her , her own look like everyone else thats important . Well and the Emperor , his character model is not special either.

Someone said Meetra Surik name is not cool , I think it fricken Rocks !

The Revan Novel is canon , like it or not , you cannot change that . It was made Canon by those you claim to respect for everything you like . So there for it did not ignore Canon if it is Canon , because now whatever Happen in it is Canon .

Edited by mefit

I love Foundry , I do not get why Revan Fans get their panties in a twist when they talk about it ?!

You're an idiot. It's not PC, but it's my opinion... *shrugs*

When powerful Forceusers die they usually die in some fantastic way , like Sidious when Vader tossed him down they Giant Pipe Gutter like a Doll.

I don't suppose you read any of George Lucas's books? The star wars moveis were made off a series of nine books written by the old man himself. When Sideous got tossed down into the power core he, Like the current Sith emperor, did not die. His body was destroyed, sure, but the little **** simply went force ghost, retreated to his fortress of doom and used an already prepared clone body of himself to come back. The next three books, which are soon to be movies by the way, are about how he's rapeing the new galactic republic from the shadows and trying to steal Anakin Solo's body.

NOT ONLY THAT! but our current emperor is still arround! he's hiding out on dromud kaas and using operatives to harvest tech from Darth Sidious's war to try and resurect the empire that Bane tore down. Yeah, the old fart is still tiredly trying to consume the galaxy after 10 THOUSAND years.

Droids are easy to save. T3 copied his memories into a T7 model as backup. HK would be more likely to backup than T3

As for Jedi/Sith they never die, They come back as force spirits and screw with the universe for years

You're an idiot. It's not PC, but it's my opinion... *shrugs*

I am not sure what you're talking about here , just a baseless insult but hey ........

I don't suppose you read any of George Lucas's books? The star wars moveis were made off a series of nine books written by the old man himself. When Sideous got tossed down into the power core he, Like the current Sith emperor, did not die. His body was destroyed, sure, but the little **** simply went force ghost, retreated to his fortress of doom and used an already prepared clone body of himself to come back. The next three books, which are soon to be movies by the way, are about how he's rapeing the new galactic republic from the shadows and trying to steal Anakin Solo's body.

NO ONE at this point know what the three next Movies are going to be about . I take Original Story as NEW and not something already writen . But again No One Knows !

Wait......................Disney is that you ?!

or Leland Chee ?!

George Lucas ?!

NOT ONLY THAT! but our current emperor is still arround! he's hiding out on dromud kaas and using operatives to harvest tech from Darth Sidious's war to try and resurect the empire that Bane tore down. Yeah, the old fart is still tiredly trying to consume the galaxy after 10 THOUSAND years.

^ Where did you get all that ?

1 Bane didn't destroy Vitate's Empire , it was gone before he came to be last I checked...........

2 Bane ended the Brotherhood of Darkness ...........

3 Where the heck did you pull that Vitate is still around after Sidious's Death ? Did I miss something ?!

Something smells , better check you pants ..............I think you are full of something..............

Edited by mefit

I'd bring Revan back as the central character of an expansion, probably as the main antagonist but could fill other roles too. Stick his mask on the cover and you can guarantee old kotor fans will buy it. Revan bashing seems to be 'in' at the moment, but both he and Malgus have stories remaining to be told (they're certainly more interesting than the dread masters). We'd get a far better story out of it if he was a force in the next series of operations, rather than limited to a single one. Edited by Vacarius

I think the foundry was awesome. It was fulfilling to me. I think that it makes sense with the canon Revan.

I think that Revan is rather not well understood by his fans. There's absolutely no way Revan can return. He died at the foundry.

In fact, the only way I can see him returning is in the ultimate battle to defeat the Emperor..

Edited by EnsignSorrow

what do you guys think?

I think it is a massive waste of time made up by some kid that wants everything in one mission. If you do not like my answer, then tough. You asked for it.

^ Where did you get all that ?

1 Bane didn't destroy Vitate's Empire , it was gone before he came to be last I checked...........

2 Bane ended the Brotherhood of Darkness ...........

3 Where the heck did you pull that Vitate is still around after Sidious's Death ? Did I miss something ?!

Something smells , better check you pants ..............I think you are full of something..............

Dude, go read a book. There are hundreds in the starwars franchise, true, but the four I'm talking about are realativly easy to find. Lucas Wrote Nine books and then made movies off the middle three. I've never understood why he did that, but hey, he's the one who made billions off the franchise, I'm just a fan.

Now, MOST starwars books are what is known as 'Official Fannon". Basically people write fanfiction and approach Lucas for aproval and printing, if he likes it it becomes cannon. The stuff I said about sidious though is easy enough to find. If you don'tlike listening to me, go read wookiepedia. It's sort of hit or miss, but usually reliable.