Question about powertech in PVE

THQforever

Hello mighty community! I haven't played the game from few years now and I wanted to give the powertech a try.

Playing mostly pve content I was wondering if after the last expansion the dps spec can be use in dungeon and raid or if the the damage output are way to low.

Well, to be fair, AP is kind of dead right now. Pyro is a fine spec to play in all content but AP is outclassed by Pyro in everything from burst to survivability.

You'll be "fine" in most content even on AP but if there is a spec in SWTOR that is currently a "burden" to bring along, that would be AP PT.

So, morale of the story, play Pyro and be happy. :D

Edited by Equeliber

All classes and all speccs are viable. Personally i Think the Powertech is one of the coolest classes but it has a lot of flaws. Its hard to work with heat management and if u get full heat and your vent heat ability is on cd u can only use auto attack. Also the positition when attacking is hard and dot spreading doesnt work very well. Finally the DCD is not very good. Good part is that is frikking cool with fire and damage is descent, carbonite is golden aswell.

I find AP easier then pyro and Shieldtech is a good and easy tank specc aswell. I barely ever play pvp with my PT and a lot of other classes has less work for more dps and stronger DCDs. That said im no ranked player nor top parse with my PT.

I use the Right Price set bonus atm and its not good. Seeing the top parse players they all use the meteor brawler set and i also Think heat management is better with that set.

My personal opinion is Pyro for PvE and AP for PVP, i mostly play AP in PVP and the burst is amazing, it has little to no ramp up time now with powerlode tactical and prestacking energy burst before the fight. Pyro just takes that much longer to ramp up and for PVP thats not good for a class that has well known survivability issues as you die before you ramp it up In saying that superheated fuel tactical + explosive fuel > superheated flamethrower proc'd, searing wave, immolate into your stacked firefall is damn nice burst on pyro if you pull it off. i just fine AP to be more consistent and not relying on your team make-up to survive or stars align with firefall, with AP im at least taking someone down with me as i go down.

In saying that both specs are fine for all content and have their place, perfect? not by a long shot, but by far the coolest class and style is everything.

This is the way!

Edited by NateCrazy