Dragon Age 4 Coming Next Month?

Rion_Starkiller

It's going to be crap anyways, It would be nice if they just left these IP's instead of keep ruining them further.

DA:I was awful.

ME:A was awful.

DA:2 I could put up with.

ME:3 I could put up with.

Just leave a franchise to die, it's had its hay day.

Edited by DarthSealth

What? Inquisition was great.

No, No and No.

It removed everything great about DA in general, it was the worst one yet, tried to be an MMO in a single player game, the loading screens were dreadful, the story was boring and the combat was even more boring and they spent how many years developing that game?

DA:2 dumbed down the RPG mechanics a little but DA:I removed every RPG element as well as removed the Holy Trinity set up from the game and no shielding or whatever it was isn't a replacement for healing.

The reason I'll give DA:2 a little less hate is because they turned it over in like a year, I probably wouldn't have been too bothered if DA:I kept the established changes from DA:2 and just ran with that in a bigger setting.

Maybe we'll get a new trailer or something but I wouldn't expect more marketing until next year.

What? Inquisition was great.

You are entitled to like DAI, but that ''It was great' is missing the ''For me'' .

I don't personally care how many ''100% Loved it'' review, or score..or prizes a game get . if I don't like it, I don't .

And DAI was shallow, empty with nothing to hook you on.

The Loot system sucked .

The Story..sucked .

The Inquisitor personality, is the most Bland and Boring we had so far (At least Hawke was funny) .

The Skill tree, more of a downgrade then an upgrade .

Big map that are empty, shallow..with mobs that do nothing but wait for you to kill them. No Town, No great City to visit (where is the promised Cathedral of orlais huh ?) .

Most Quest are fetch Quest, Boring Quest . Want to sink your teeth on some Lore ? Hunt for crappy Codex!! Cose..we are too lazy to make them in a real Quest .

Crappy Vilain that had the Potentiel to be so much more, turn out he was a Joke thats just sit there and do nothing .

Skyhold, was a Joke as well . The Upgrades mean nothing, do nothing and it was buggy and still is (Prisoners never show up in the Dungeon, I still can see npc Stuck on bench) .

The CC isn't the worst (MEA cc is the worst in history from BW), but those Hair do were just Awful .

Ruining cameo characters , and what the hell for ??? (Bring Alistair and give him an Emoji personality, Bring back Hawke and it doesnt feel like MY HAWKE, and wth did they do to Arl teagan ???? and redcliff ? And Connor ???)

The keep that was supposed to hold SO many promises turn out to be a JOKE .

DAi was supposed to be grindy, with crappy Loot on the side and the weakest story ever . If that was the aim, then yes, it deserve the prize and accolade it did get .

when I want to grind, I play MMO . Single Player games shouldn't be grindy .

And the writing is going down hill, I'm not holding any illusion that DA4 gonna be any Good .

Of course, this is my opinion. Some peoples loved DAI, just like some LOVE Skyrim . I hated Both with a passion lol

Of course, this is my opinion. Some peoples loved DAI, just like some LOVE Skyrim . I hated Both with a passion lol

High five!

I agreed with your entire post. Someone else that understands the downgrade.

I hope EA cancels DA:4 soo Bioware can't ruin the franchise anymore lol

Edited by DarthSealth

While it is understandable why some people might not like some aspects of DAI, the game is not even close to the epic fail that was Andromeda.

Comparing DAI to Andromeda is simply insane.

Andromeda does not feel like a Mass Effect game, everything is weird and bad. Hell... even the body models of the characters are all weird and unathletic with too big heads, like they are all body type 1 from swtor, on top of everything else that is wrong with that game. The point is the Mass Effect franchise is somewhat complete with 3.

The DA franchise is not complete without Inquisition and it still feels like a Dragon Age game. However you are beggining to see there, some vibes that will be completely embraced later with Andromeda. I am not talking about the mmo elements, they are insignificant. Still DAI is still in the family of ''good RPG games'', even if it is not like the likes of Origins.

Edited by Kaedusz

High five!

There is alot I can forgive from a game , bugs and such .

But alas, I tried really hard to like DAI and MEA and it just leave you feeling empty and frustrated at best . And you can't help the ''WTH WERE YOU THINKING ?! WTH IS THIS ?!?'' .

I did get past my massive butthurt over DAi, and I'm working on my MEA butthurt lolol

well that last part is a lie..if anyone know who said ''The Banging Goona be Good'' , plz let me know. I've got a copy of MEA to shove up their fanny! lol

Still DAI is still in the family of ''good RPG games'', even if it is not like the likes of Origins.

That's a misconseption ? (sorry but english is my 4th language but I think I got that word right?) .

Meaning that peoples often see a ''I don't like DAI! It was crap'' and automaticly assume 'Oh they are comparing DAI to DAO! Ohhh so they are one of thoseee!'' .

Let me tell you a little story !

I played DAO on Steam . And on Steam, my copy of DAO crashed for me...about 15 times on the same spot on my 1st playtrough . I picked a Mage-Elve and on your way up to the Tower after you get wynn, right at the door that lead you to the 3rd level ? Damn game kept crashing and crashing .

So...I delete that character , I'm frustrated . I make a Cousland, get past ostagar..blablah and go back and do the Tower again, begging inside of myself..plz don't crash again!!!

Miracle, I didn't . I end up in the fade , I become a mouse..and it start crashing no stop .

Then, it crash when dark spawn show up, it crash when there is a cutscene somewhere in the wildreness , it crash in Lothering when Spider, bears , Wolf attack you..when Villages attack you..when Dark Spawn attack you...

I finished the game twice since I got it years ago . By using a cheat that kill all monster as soon as they show up.

It was the only way . I've tried the long WALL OF TEXT directive of forcing it to work under DirectX9, Lower this and that, change this in the ini file, update your driver...etc .

All of that, it only made the crash goes from 5min to 30min . It still crash to this day for me .

And then when I finally tried to play the expansion 'Awakening' I think it was called ?

I end up with bugs, cutscene not firing , npc not showing . No crash, but bugs that stop you from going forward .

So I was never been able to finish it and to this day I don't know how that expansion end .

When I got my hand on DA2 , it was..a dream come true . No crash, no freezing, no bug..no nothing .

I loved it. I loved it above DAO, and above DAI .

High five!

I honestly can't wait for it. It'll certainly be entertaining seeing people like you lose their minds over a game that is actually great. Like I can respect not liking Dragon Age:Inquisition but wishing the saga to die, when for you it seems it already is dead anyway, is just needless really. Reminds me of people asking for SWTOR to close down merely because they don't like X expansion.

Edited by FlameYOL

You are entitled to like DAI, but that ''It was great' is missing the ''For me'' .

I don't personally care how many ''100% Loved it'' review, or score..or prizes a game get . if I don't like it, I don't .

And DAI was shallow, empty with nothing to hook you on.

The Loot system sucked .

The Story..sucked .

The Inquisitor personality, is the most Bland and Boring we had so far (At least Hawke was funny) .

The Skill tree, more of a downgrade then an upgrade .

Big map that are empty, shallow..with mobs that do nothing but wait for you to kill them. No Town, No great City to visit (where is the promised Cathedral of orlais huh ?) .

Most Quest are fetch Quest, Boring Quest . Want to sink your teeth on some Lore ? Hunt for crappy Codex!! Cose..we are too lazy to make them in a real Quest .

Crappy Vilain that had the Potentiel to be so much more, turn out he was a Joke thats just sit there and do nothing .

Skyhold, was a Joke as well . The Upgrades mean nothing, do nothing and it was buggy and still is (Prisoners never show up in the Dungeon, I still can see npc Stuck on bench) .

The CC isn't the worst (MEA cc is the worst in history from BW), but those Hair do were just Awful .

Ruining cameo characters , and what the hell for ??? (Bring Alistair and give him an Emoji personality, Bring back Hawke and it doesnt feel like MY HAWKE, and wth did they do to Arl teagan ???? and redcliff ? And Connor ???)

The keep that was supposed to hold SO many promises turn out to be a JOKE .

DAi was supposed to be grindy, with crappy Loot on the side and the weakest story ever . If that was the aim, then yes, it deserve the prize and accolade it did get .

when I want to grind, I play MMO . Single Player games shouldn't be grindy .

And the writing is going down hill, I'm not holding any illusion that DA4 gonna be any Good .

Eh fair enough, I still love them both to death (Even though I prefer Oblivion over Skyrim) but we'll agree to disagree then.

I honestly can't wait for it. It'll certainly be entertaining seeing people like you lose their minds over a game that is actually great. Like I can respect not liking Dragon Age:Inquisition but wishing the saga to die, when for you it seems it already is dead anyway, is just needless really. Reminds me of people asking for SWTOR to close down merely because they don't like X expansion.

No I wish for them to not keep churning out a franchise to simply make money of it.

Which ends up tarnishing the reputation of the franchise, like everything it runs it's course some creators are smart and understand this which is why they stop creating whatever it is when it's great, so it will forever stay great.

It happens in every part of entertainment (Movies, TV and Games)

Yes I was the type to say Star Wars didn't need a 7, 8 or 9 because it undone the whole saga and made it pointless.

Also you're making your mind up that DA:4 whatever it's called is going to be "a great game" hello track record?

People asking SWTOR to close is a different thing to someone stating that what goes up must come down.

When developers don't own or have creative control over their IP's they have to attend meetings with their publishers who own the IP which causes for more issues with the current BW being on a thin string, the publishers also request clauses be made for the greenlight like (it must have MX's in) and so forth, truthfully EA doesn't need BW to create it as isn't obliged to let them, heck they'd probably have a better chance letting Respawn make the game and stamp BW on the front atleast die hard fans would buy it for BW sake and it'll probably be as good as a classic BW game.

Edited by DarthSealth

That's a misconseption ? (sorry but english is my 4th language but I think I got that word right?) .

Me don't speake English? lol

When I got my hand on DA2 , it was..a dream come true . No crash, no freezing, no bug..no nothing .

I loved it. I loved it above DAO, and above DAI .

Funny enough I do love DA:O the most but you gotta play that on PC it just had that raw feeling of a very fleshed out RPG experience.

DA:2 I really like although I hated playing it on PC but when I got on Xbox (Thanks Xbox Games with Gold) I played it and actually enjoyed it as an experience when developing time was taken into account. The story was pretty neat and I loved that your sister came a night warden then came back but because I couldn't explore or that story wasn't long enough I couldn't play by her side as a bad ***, I liked that the companions had areas where they'd be and I really like the skeletons revamp to be more jumpscarish beginning scene make me spill my tea.

Things I hated reused dungeons, inability to gear companions, removed abilities from Origin, Short story, that witch she was like the Kreia of DA not even used to the full potential, not enough free roam I wanted another city or two, being locked from playing after completion.

Sorry I'm not a nerd when it comes to lore so I don't know what any of the things/names are.

Edited by DarthSealth

There is alot I can forgive from a game , bugs and such .

But alas, I tried really hard to like DAI and MEA and it just leave you feeling empty and frustrated at best . And you can't help the ''WTH WERE YOU THINKING ?! WTH IS THIS ?!?'' .

I did get past my massive butthurt over DAi, and I'm working on my MEA butthurt lolol

well that last part is a lie..if anyone know who said ''The Banging Goona be Good'' , plz let me know. I've got a copy of MEA to shove up their fanny! lol

I agree, I stuck with a Battlefront 2 and actually it's a really good game now.. such a shame the player base has been dead.

But DA:I was a live service game that well never got better over time reminds me of games before dial up internet at least if a game was broken back then it had some uses like as a tea coaster or as some fire wood.

Damn digital downloads.

Eh fair enough, I still love them both to death (Even though I prefer Oblivion over Skyrim) but we'll agree to disagree then.

I like Oblivion, kinda remind me of daggerfall but all upgraded ? I know Oblivion doesnt have generated dungeon like daggerfall did lol but it has a similar atmosphere to it. A certain something, that was missing in Skyrim .

I modded the hell out of skyrim, and I was still bored to tears . I found that it was more fun modding the game, then actually playing it lol .

Funny enough I do love DA:O the most but you gotta play that on PC it just had that raw feeling of a very fleshed out RPG experience.

I'm a pc peasant! lol so yes, I played it on pc .

can't love something that crash so much it ruin the whole thing for you ;)

Saying something is great is inherently a subjective statement. It always includes "for me" because it's impossible to say something is objectively great.

On topic: I enjoyed DAI and am hopeful for DA4, but cautiously so. The way its been described before as being a games as service style game puts me on edge. I really hope they don't destroy the franchise because I've always enjoyed the world they've developed.

/fingerscrossed

I like Oblivion, kinda remind me of daggerfall but all upgraded ? I know Oblivion doesnt have generated dungeon like daggerfall did lol but it has a similar atmosphere to it. A certain something, that was missing in Skyrim .

I modded the hell out of skyrim, and I was still bored to tears . I found that it was more fun modding the game, then actually playing it lol .

What I liked about Oblivion was the gameplay had a good balance betweem the old school RPG mechanics and a more fluid combat, as much as I enjoyed something like Morrowind's story... the combat in that game really didn't felt satisfying for me where as Oblivion did (Especially how I could use a spell without having it to hold it on my hand like Skyrim). I also enjoyed the main quest a lot more, and a lot of the guilds too (Especially the Dark Brotherhood, such a great questline). I still love Skyrim's combat system though I just wish there were some stuff from Oblivion's... like the spell thingy, plus while the main quest isn't that interesting the Thieves Guild questline was at least fun to go through. Plus Dragonborn DLC (I'm a sucker for Morrowind lore so it was great seeing a bit of Morrowind, that was even before I had the chance to play Morrowind too. So it was great for me seeing more of Dunmer culture).

Saying something is great is inherently a subjective statement. It always includes "for me" because it's impossible to say something is objectively great.

On topic: I enjoyed DAI and am hopeful for DA4, but cautiously so. The way its been described before as being a games as service style game puts me on edge. I really hope they don't destroy the franchise because I've always enjoyed the world they've developed.

/fingerscrossed

I definitely agree, I don't mean to hold my opinion as objective reality. But for me DAI was a great game and quite possibly one of my favorites... so far at least. Still got to play The Outerworlds once I get my pc upgraded... and I got high hopes for Cyberpunk 2077.

Same, I'm hoping they mean DLC or something akin to what Ubisoft has done with Assassin's Creed Odyssey, post launch updates to the game's story, etc. I think that game itself had a one year development cycle post-launch. I'm really hoping they don't pull a Shadow of War on us.

Edited by FlameYOL

/fingerscrossed

According to some things I've read, it looks like the campaign will be single player, then open up into a sort of "endgame mulitplayer." Not sure how that's going to work, but I'm hoping it's something new/better than the DAI MP dungeons. If DA4 has an awesome MP game aspect, I may not be playing SWTOR much any more.....

I do worry about cookie cutter classes, and 4 button simplicity, however.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I thought you meant the game was launching next month. Wouldn't that be something?

But uh... man, I hate to say it, but I even liked DA2 better than Inquisition. Dragon Age: Origins was nearly perfect. Having giant spiders in it was the main thing that made it 9/10 instead of 10/10 for me. And then, DA2 comes along and is pretty much as different as possible compared to Origins. I never understood Bioware's logic here. Why do this? Then for DA:I, they claimed it would be like a hybrid of DA:O and DA2, taking the best of each. I was excited about it. But then, DA:I comes out, and it's nothing like DA:O. In fact, it's one of the most boring games I've ever played, with terrible combat and horrible story on every level. And horrible armor designs for the player. Oddly, the inquisitor is the most boring character in Dragon Age, but the most interesting character in SWTOR. DA2 at least made the story compelling.

I hope they do better for DA4, because between that and ME: Andromeda, my patience has run out.

And for the love of all that is good... We need to FINALLY get a character creator that offers plain long hair for male and female characters. I haven't played The Witcher, but look how great Yen's hair looks.

Edited by BelorfinSiana

Yeah, DA and ME (the first ones) were ground breaking...

(DA more than ME in certain ways.)

They pushed boundries.

Then the consoles took over and it was button bashing to proceed.

Don't get me wrong, I have all the games, still play them.

But as they move away from my first gaming love (PC) to console

I find it harder to justify paying more money for shorter games.

The cost is more than the entertainment value.

Bug ridden, glitchy games..there are more than I can count.

I wasted cash on some.

Some might be fine with that but I for one am not.

I grew up being taught the value of money (or lack of).

So if you want me to pay top money for low quality goods...

Not happening.

Wow..that turned into a rant. Sorry.