What’s new with SWTOR?

Lhancelot

When does the new stuff come, and what exactly is coming?

Long story short been busy IRL, was cleaning and found my SWTOR security fob in one of the house registers then my buried addiction of gaming propelled me to write a post asking this!

Pretty sure a cat knocked the fob into the register, a ham fisted albeit well-intentioned attempt to stop me from logging into the game! :p

Edited by Lhancelot

When does the new stuff come, and what exactly is coming?

Long story short been busy IRL, was cleaning and found my SWTOR security fob in one of the house registers then my buried addiction of gaming propelled me to write a post asking this!

Pretty sure a cat knocked the fob into the register, a ham fisted albeit well-intentioned attempt to stop me from logging into the game! :p

How about you start looking around the forums and spend a few hours catching up, rather than expecting others to do it for you? Research all the new stuff that's coming and find out when it's showing up. It's been WIDELY announced and discussed. You've got a little bit of time.

How about you start looking around the forums and spend a few hours catching up, rather than expecting others to do it for you? Research all the new stuff that's coming and find out when it's showing up. It's been WIDELY announced and discussed. You've got a little bit of time.

I thought gaming forums were where we could go and ask other living humans for direct input regarding the game? Assuming people have time to dig and search for information isn’t helpful, either. Thanks anyway, m8!

The newest stuff is coming in sept (maybe...hopefully) as to what it entails, you can read more about it on the main pages, it's easier than people trying to type it all down. Also depending on how long you've been gone, some of the older stuff will be new too ;) Edited by DarkTergon

The newest stuff is coming in sept (maybe...hopefully) as to what it entails, you can read more about it on the main pages, it's easier than people trying to type it all down. Also depending on how long you've been gone, some of the older stuff will be new too ;)

Tentative date set for Sept.? I think I been gone maybe 3-4 months the days just blend together now. :)

Nothing's changed. It's the same cesspool you left.

I thought gaming forums were where we could go and ask other living humans for direct input regarding the game? Assuming people have time to dig and search for information isn’t helpful, either. Thanks anyway, m8!

Why do you think it's up to the rest of us to fill you in on all the info you missed when all you have to do is look through the forums? It's not like a SINGLE question or issue, m8. Do the work, stop being lazy and expecting everything to be delivered to you. You absolutely DO have the time to go through two or three pages of posts to find out about expansions and everything else going on.

No excuse.

Nothing's changed. It's the same cesspool you left.

It's not being part of a "cesspool" to tell the guy that he can find the wealth of answers he wants in the forum. It IS a bit sewer-ish to expect that other people on the forum will spend time to bullet point and explain every little thing that's new since he left and what's coming up... when the info is one or two clicks away.

It's not being part of a "cesspool" to tell the guy that he can find the wealth of answers he wants in the forum. It IS a bit sewer-ish to expect that other people on the forum will spend time to bullet point and explain every little thing that's new since he left and what's coming up... when the info is one or two clicks away.

HoloTweed is on a mission to make sure the rest of use are not lazy...and he has no issue making 3 posts in this thread alone to make sure everyone knows he doesn't take any flak from slackers! I'd like to personally thank him for keeping us all in line, because forum laziness is the root of all evil.

I don’t expect anything. You sure seem to make a lot of assumptions bout things you know nothing about. People are free to fill me in on new details they plan to add to the game so people can discuss it or not. I expect nothing.

Kodrac is right, nothing changed here. I will check back in after sept., when the expansion drops. Pretty sure I will come and ask people’s opinions if it’s decent or not, again, too. :rak_01:

HoloTweed is on a mission to make sure the rest of use are not lazy...and he has no issue making 3 posts in this thread alone to make sure everyone knows he doesn't take any flak from slackers! I'd like to personally thank him for keeping us all in line, because forum laziness is the root of all evil.

Lol. He could have easily filled me in with what is going on in the game with less effort than he did with his three posts that can easily be summed up with the phrase, “google is your friend.”

Expansion comes in September (allegedly). When in September, not clear yet. New stuff is supposedly going to make gearing better (details can be found in latest livestream... or second to latest livestream?). There are also some sources out there that compiled answers from an AMA. See:

Livestream recap:

Basically, they are turning GC into a supplementary gearing system and rebranding it to Galactic Renown. Going back to a more "normal" gearing system.

They're also introducing something called Tacticals, which will be a new slot and will change how some ability works based on what tactical it is. Should be a dumpster fire in terms of balancing and enjoyable to watch. :rak_03: But may liven up otherwise stale class gameplay. Who knows.

We're also going to Onderon and Dxun for the story.

Actually, this sentiment makes zero sense! Someone who hasn't been around is going to have no idea what to look for, to even begin researching. Whereas someone familiar can pull up pertinent information in literally seconds. Why waste valuable time and energy on something so inefficient as independently researching something that a more informed person can help you with?

"No thank you, Miss Librarian, I'm going to invent my own Dewey Decimal System and then figure out how to locate the book with it."

Miss Librarian like what?? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1gpRQJAMQzE/UHt3w-SWU3I/AAAAAAAAABc/IFFB4hc3yQY/s1600/old+librarian.jpg

"You and your fancy library. Back in my day, we didn't have books, we just stared real hard and tried to remember things."

Actually, this sentiment makes zero sense! Someone who hasn't been around is going to have no idea what to look for, to even begin researching. Whereas someone familiar can pull up pertinent information in literally seconds. Why waste valuable time and energy on something so inefficient as independently researching something that a more informed person can help you with?

"No thank you, Miss Librarian, I'm going to invent my own Dewey Decimal System and then figure out how to locate the book with it."

Miss Librarian like what?? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1gpRQJAMQzE/UHt3w-SWU3I/AAAAAAAAABc/IFFB4hc3yQY/s1600/old+librarian.jpg

"You and your fancy library. Back in my day, we didn't have books, we just stared real hard and tried to remember things."

Who is this person, lol. Rolodome, my new favorite poster on the forums. Don’t stop posting. :D

Lol. He could have easily filled me in with what is going on in the game with less effort than he did with his three posts that can easily be summed up with the phrase, “google is your friend.”

You could have checked out the forums and found out yourself five times over in the time it took for you to ask everyone to do it for you because you can't be bothered. It's funny how you're the lazy one but somehow you want to make ME the villain.

Actually, your response is what makes no sense. It's no one else's responsibility to keep this guy up-to-date on what's happening plus you don't HAVE to already know what's happening to simply look at the stickied posts and glance at just the headlines of posts for a page or two to find everything out and then dive in deeper. How difficult is THAT to "research"? Why waste time doing legwork for someone who can easily find out the information on his own with minimal effort?

Actually, your response is what makes no sense. It's no one else's responsibility to keep this guy up-to-date on what's happening plus you don't HAVE to already know what's happening to simply look at the stickied posts and glance at just the headlines of posts for a page or two to find everything out and then dive in deeper. How difficult is THAT to "research"? Why waste time doing legwork for someone who can easily find out the information on his own with minimal effort?

You still going on about this? Lol. :)

I already got lots of answers across the forums, thanks to many helpful and friendly forum denizens. Sorry it’s such a big deal to you that people use the forums to actively interact with one another via questions and answers.

If only you controlled how the forums worked, maybe your idea of what forums are for would actually matter. Fortunately, your opinion on this matter, doesn’t matter at all. Thanks for sharing though!

More importantly thanks to everyone answering my simple question of what 6.0 would be bringing to the table in September! Saved me time, and I got to see opinions on the matter, too. Had fun reading, thanks all.

Edited by Lhancelot