Group Finder is causing long waits for a group.

Gobgrot

I found out one reason why we are getting long waits using group finder. This morning (3:30am pst) I decided I wanted to do some FP's. Ok, I understand that at this time of day its possible to have a bit of a wait for a group. First thing I tried was my tank, after waiting half an hour with no group I figured there was a lack of healers and changed toons. I was offered a group right away but it was a group already in progress. This was something I wasnt interested in, I wanted to do a full run. This is my prerogative as a paying customer. I declined the group and put myself back into group finder only to be offered the same group all over again. Fifteen minutes later and group finder has offered me the same group 5 times. I can see why I wasnt getting any groups as a tank.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!! How many player hours are being wasted because of this ****ed up system? All the other people who are waiting for a group and not getting one just because a fail group wants another healer? As a paying customer this is unacceptable.

This is working as intended.

They were the first group in the queue and you queued.

Now it is a problem on your part if you don't want that exact group.

But there are 2 easy solutions to your problem:

• Put one of them on your ignore list and remove him again once you've found a group
  • Untick the freaking box that states that you will be matched with groups in progress :rolleyes:

It's not BWs fault that you're unable to handle the tool correctly

This is working as intended.

They were the first group in the queue and you queued.

Now it is a problem on your part if you don't want that exact group.

But there are 2 easy solutions to your problem:

• Put one of them on your ignore list and remove him again once you've found a group
  • Untick the freaking box that states that you will be matched with groups in progress :rolleyes:

It's not BWs fault that you're unable to handle the tool correctly

...and /thread.

You mean the button on the hidden page Ive only visited once over 2 years ago and never saw again? The one thats so easy to find I had to hunt for it for a few minutes after you mentioned it. Well blow me down, it is there. With no real documentation for this game they need to make that easier to find. Never thought of the ignore idea, thanks.

It still doesnt alter my main point. Theres no reason I or anyone else should be offered the same group over and over again. Once I refused it the que should offer me the next group waiting. When I finally got a group I asked them how long they had been waiting and was told a while, even the tank waited for the group. How many other healers also couldnt get past this half finished group for the same reason?

Edited by Gobgrot

[*]Untick the freaking box that states that you will be matched with groups in progress :rolleyes:

I've done that and still been matched with groups in progress. That was a while back, though, so I don't know if it's been fixed since then. But at least when I tried it, it didn't work.

It still doesnt alter my main point. Theres no reason I or anyone else should be offered the same group over and over again. Once I refused it the que should offer me the next group waiting. When I finally got a group I asked them how long they had been waiting and was told a while, even the tank waited for the group. How many other healers also couldnt get past this half finished group for the same reason?

Yes, there is a reason: there was exactly one group that you could be matched with. Because there were not enough players in the group finder to make up a second group at your level, it was not possible to match you with anyone else, so the GF matched you with the only available group. Since you didn't want to join that group, why did you keep using the GF?

(With regards to the second group, someone wasn't being completely honest and had just signed up for a group)

Edited by Tolunart

No, group finder makes it possible to run group content - before group finder, flashpoints simply weren't run at all by most people. It has limitations but it is a damn blessing compared to the alternative.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!! How many player hours are being wasted because of this ****ed up system? All the other people who are waiting for a group and not getting one just because a fail group wants another healer? As a paying customer this is unacceptable.

People actually care if the group is in progress? All it means is that you finish faster. And that's a pretty big assumption that just because they need a new healer that they're a "fail group".

Edited by MillionsKNives

People actually care if the group is in progress? All it means is that you finish faster. And that's a pretty big assumption that just because they need a new healer that they're a "fail group".

Especially considering that it can easily happen that the group finder decides to reassign the existing healer to a DD spot, so you can heal instead. Been there, done that.

With the large amount of ninjalooters in this game I see people getting kicked almost every flashpoint I run. Just now I ran athiss and the Sentinel decided to steal the Sages lightsaber, which resulted in a votekick *shrug*

If I want to do it for XP (getting to next level) I want a full run.

If I only want the daily/weekly done then I prefer groups already in progress.

You'll get more from turning in the quest than killing some extra trash. Finishing faster also means that you can run another one faster.

Especially considering that it can easily happen that the group finder decides to reassign the existing healer to a DD spot, so you can heal instead. Been there, done that.

With the large amount of ninjalooters in this game I see people getting kicked almost every flashpoint I run. Just now I ran athiss and the Sentinel decided to steal the Sages lightsaber, which resulted in a votekick *shrug*

I've had mostly an opposite experience. I rarely have to resort to kicking someone, it usually goes pretty smoothly.

I've had mostly an opposite experience. I rarely have to resort to kicking someone, it usually goes pretty smoothly.

Eh, might be because I mostly play lowlevel flashpoints, with all the fresh blood and such. It's rarely me who initiates the votekick too, since I usually don't exactly run a flashpoint to get gear. But when I run a flashpoint the chance that there will be a votekick in it is pretty high.

If I want to do it for XP (getting to next level) I want a full run.

If I only want the daily/weekly done then I prefer groups already in progress.

Why would you want a full run? Most of the exp comes from the completion of the missions.

Here's a thought: Help that group finish their flash point, then queue again.

You'll get more from turning in the quest than killing some extra trash. Finishing faster also means that you can run another one faster.

That explains why so many want to skip bonus quests in KDY by finishing scenario before the bonus...

But then they use time to kill champion anyway. It's just not worth it.

Why would you want a full run? Most of the exp comes from the completion of the missions.

Because:

Full run != every mob must die

Full run = Finish FP from start to finish, includes bonus if it doesn't take too long to finish.

This means that only mobs that are on groups route are going to die or they can be skipped if stealth CC is available.

Edited by Halinalle

That explains why so many want to skip bonus quests in KDY by finishing scenario before the bonus...

But then they use time to kill champion anyway. It's just not worth it.

No, it means people don't understand how experience in flash points works, just like you don't understand how experience in flash points works.

Because:

Full run != every mob must die

Full run = Finish FP from start to finish, includes bonus if it doesn't take too long to finish.

This means that only mobs that are on groups route are going to die or they can be skipped if stealth CC is available.

I'm confused. Full run = more time out of your day, partial run = less time out of your day. Since more of your experience is coming from the destination than the journey, the less time you spend in a flash point, the more optimized your experience gathering.

Wait... I'm not confused! You are!

Here's a thought: Help that group finish their flash point, then queue again.

No, it means people don't understand how experience in flash points works, just like you don't understand how experience in flash points works.

If I run to elevator because killing champion isn't worth it anymore means that I don't know how XP works in FPs? It's only 4,2k XP with 30% Legacy boost.

I'm confused. Full run = more time out of your day, partial run = less time out of your day. Since more of your experience is coming from the destination than the journey, the less time you spend in a flash point, the more optimized your experience gathering.

The amount of XP you get from finishing FP is equal to side quest on planet.

Edited by Halinalle

[*]Untick the freaking box that states that you will be matched with groups in progress :rolleyes:

I've done that and still been matched with groups in progress. That was a while back, though, so I don't know if it's been fixed since then. But at least when I tried it, it didn't work.

I have seen a bug with the Tactical FPs where if it was ticked, you untick it and queue then you can still be matched with in progress groups. If you log out and back in again after unticking that box then you won't. This was a couple of weeks ago.

Other than that issue the 'don't match me with in progress groups' checkbox is easy to find and does what it says on the tin. I'm not a fan of joining groups that have lost a member so I use it all the time.