follow feature is not working after 5.10

AZUMICIDE

ok so i was on pts with follow account and noticed.characters cant follow while mounted,figured it was pts lag.

but it bleed threw to live servers. so no matter where u are follow while mounted feature is not working as previously.

ty please fix my other 2 accounts are relyed on this.

• 3 weeks later...

I also noticed this (and opened a thread on it). It sucks indeed.

I suggest we make sure it keeps bumped here until it's fixed. I imagine fixing it should be simple, but google learned me that from at least (maybe earlier) December 2011 to May 2012 (maybe later), the same issue affected the game. That's a bizarre six-months period.

As long as this isn't fixed, I see no reason to buy and legacy-unlock mounts. Hence, no need to buy Cartel Coins.

Edited by Orrlog

• 2 weeks later...
Bump again, seriously, how many times have you broken this over the years, guess no one documents the fix or they deleted them when you laid them off???? Not renewing until it's fixed as I run two accounts and you are wasting my time running around on foot. I expect I'm not the only one ticked off.:eek: Edited by Firball
Spelling

Guess they have all hands on the new game and just hope problems on this one fade away with paid subscribers:(

They'd be foolish, imho. That admittedly doesn't say much. I personally would be willing to remain a paying customer for as long as maybe the rest of my life (with two subscriptions)* even if they'd never release new content from now on (tbh I don't appreciate the new content as much as I do the original story lines, and I am still haven't exhausted all the possibilities with those!)

*(Hence my frustation with this particular issue. I just bought a new expensive laptop, to uplift my 'dual playing' with my two accounts. I have had that habit for a few years now, and it has become my main SWTOR experience. Unfortunately, playing with other players destroys the immersion for me: it makes me fully aware that I'm just a guy behind a keyboard interacting with other such individuals, and I cannot overcome this awareness; I am both worrying that I am ****ling up, and easily annoyed by whatever the other people do. But when I 'dual play' it is the fully immersive group experience for me. I even have created pairs of characters this way, intended as fixed group mates. I can still do all this, except travelling by mount. And that frustrates me.)

Guess what, I have two accounts as well for the very same reason, prefer the story line which they now ignore, that's why I'll not re-sub until follow is fixed as it wastes my time having to walk on every planet.

A kindred soul! I'm sure there must be more of us. So, while we actually pay twice for our SWTOR experience, Bioware would need to address this presumingly rather simple issue with urgency!

I am indeed now too wondering to cancel at least my second account, as I don't do any crew missions atm. In fact, I hardly do anything at all in SWTOR except login to check if it's fixed, and then close SWTOR and play Kingdom Come: Deliverance or Secret World Legends instead.

EDIT I'm also not interested in other StarWars games. I love these original storylines in SWTOR, and the Strongholds, and some other features of this particular game, but the new trilogy movies are so bad imho that I'm almost ashamed to publicly admit that I'm a StarWars fan. So if EA's strategy would indeed be to let this game die to move the player base to a new game, it won't work with me. If this game dies, my SW fanboyism will henceforth be limited to an incidental rewatch of the OT and PT movies, and the dedicated Robot Chicken parodies. And I'd find another MMORPG, not related to the franchise.

Edited by Orrlog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...