Cartel coins, what do/did you use them for?

BlitzJG

I have been accumulating mine, not that that indicates I have a lot, but things are so damn expensive, and I don't know what to use them on, there are so many choices that I am overwhelmed.

What did you get? Do you regret it? And what was your best use of the coins thus far?

Edited by BlitzJG
clarification

I have been accumulating mine, not that that indicates I have a lot, but things are so damn expensive, and I don't know what to use them on, there are so many choices that I am overwhelmed.

I have over 8,000 Cartel Coins that I've just sort of stockpiled over time from my sub. Since pretty much everything on the CM can be purchased with credits on the GTN, I rarely use my CC for anything. I'm just not into the packs. If I want to gamble, I go to Vegas.

I have bought many packs, specific equipment (chest pieces, color crystals), the grade 7 ship parts when they came out, I have converted GSF ship requisitions to fleet requisitions on several occasions, and most recently bought the rancor holo (66% off) and a couple of dye module packs.

The closest I have ever come to regretting a purchase was I bought a chest piece for a character and stopped using it because I got something from a pack I like more. The original chest piece cost me 240CCs. Would I like those CCs back? Yeah. Do I care if I ever get them back? No.

I do not purchase packs with CCs anymore though. I prefer hypercrates for credits :), I keep what I can use and/or like and re-sell the rest :)

Edited by psandak

Well, there's these back alleys on Coruscant, that's all I can say. The less you know the better off you are.

:p

Actually, I tend to use them to unlock things I buy off the GTN so that I have different outfits, weapons and rides. I did buy one of the dye packs once, anyone need a black/black dye?

I have over 8,000 Cartel Coins that I've just sort of stockpiled over time from my sub. Since pretty much everything on the CM can be purchased with credits on the GTN, I rarely use my CC for anything. I'm just not into the packs. If I want to gamble, I go to Vegas.

This^^. The comms just rot there, waiting for me going F2P, ie, privileged status, or whatever it's called. Everything I need from the CM is obtained via the GTN...

I spend most of my coins on account unlocks.

However, I have to agree, unlocking all of the cargo bays and inventory slots and the Rocket Boost is useful.

I bought the Armored Varacytl and collections it plus a bunch of other stuff. I still have like 3k or so left. I do kinda regret the Varactyl because of the jump animation with the one back leg.

I bought that one recently when it was discounted and I have no issues with the jump animation (maybe I just don't pay enough attention, though). I don't regret buying it in any case.

Edited by Aryh

Things like unlocking crystals for all toons, Treek and legacy unlock, cargo and inventory expansions. I almost bought more character slots, but I was able to get them for 45K per, which felt light, so I bought'em until I was full. As other have said, can usually get a better deal off the GTN.

I use my Coins mostly to unlock stuff in Collections, since I suffer from severe altitis. :p

I also used them to get the GTN Kiosk on my ship, most of the other upgrades I've bought with credits.

On occasion I'll also grab a cool outfit off the CM that's only available for a limited time, like the Golden Scalene and more recently the THORN armors.

I rarely buy packs since I'm not a huge fan of the random factor involved with them, though I did buy a hypercrate at some point when it was at a 50% discount - I used some of the packs to max out my reputation with the faction and GTN'ed the rest so that I'd have lots of pocket change for other packs or specific items that I wanted.

Where are you guys getting all these in-game credits? I have no decent source of credit income as it stands...

Dailies, with several level 55 characters I can crank out several million just from dailies in a week. Then, I buy low and sell high on the GTN, adjusting to the market conditions accordingly. There are still some crafted items that sell quite well, augments and kits, generic dyes that are easily made and sell for around 20-40k a piece and so one. And then the real market items, buy CM pieces and hold on to them until the pack is embargoed.

I use them for everything...

But the most useful item I purchased was Rocket Boost. Allows you to move at mount speed in doors where you can not normally use a mount every 15-30 seconds and allows you to use it when stealthed in the open world. :)

I unlocked the GTN on my ship, changed my main character's hair once, and unlocked a couple outfits and items through collections. I unlocked all of the cargo and inventory slots, though most of that was purchased from the GTN for credits.

I've got a ton of credits (somewhere in the range of 75m) so I try to get as much as I can for credits from the GTN instead of cartel coins. Consequently, I also have a lot of coins built up from my sub (600 for sub, 100 from security key), as well as having purchased the $40 pack when it was half price. I'm currently sitting on a little over 15,000 coins which I really find no incentive to spend.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Lets see, purchased over the last 8 months or so probably about a dozen Hypercrates and numerous packs. Treek, Cathar unlocks. Multiple single items such as some dye kits, pumpkin chamber, pistol for gun slinger, picked up the deathstar assault cannon. Few unlocks here and there when cheaper than credits on new chars.

never once regretted it and especially when there are items that I really enjoy. If there are things that i'm not so excited about (dew backs) I tend to buy less.

I splurged last year and got a couple of hypercrates and got the Darth Revan holo statue. I unlocked it for all my characters. I've never regret that as it really helps being able to repair in the field without waiting for that droid's cool down. I also used them to unlock the trainer holo statues that I got with tickets from packs, from rep vendors. I recently also used them to lower the cool down for quick travel - that's been awesome.

Other stuff is just random cosmetic stuff. I don't regret anything except that big red flamey speeder - I should have looked at videos of it beforehand to see what noise etc it made before I bought it.

Edit: I also unlocked Cathars and Treek. Not really used Treek, but have two Cathar characters now.

Edited by horrorfaneightys

Where are you guys getting all these in-game credits? I have no decent source of credit income as it stands...

Dailies are OK but IMO boring. The fact of the matter is working the GTN is the best method of income, but you have to be willing to start small and work your way up; making millions overnight is the exception.

CC --> credit conversion via buying stuff on CM and selling on GTN is what I use mine for mostly. I use the proceeds to get augments for many of my characters. I did purchase the warzone and ops training dummies. Other than that, absolutely nothing.

I splurged last year and got a couple of hypercrates and got the Darth Revan holo statue. I unlocked it for all my characters. I've never regret that as it really helps being able to repair in the field without waiting for that droid's cool down. .

What are you referring to here? What can you use to repair at any time?