Relics from Tyhon and Korriban

So with housing everybody once again is hot on the relic that you can get in from the final bosses in the fps Tython an Korriban. The Housing items cost 10 universal MK3 kits and 25! Relics. I have so far done both fps over 50 times each and I did the one time quest with about 9 characters and I have about 13! relics Thats a loot of 4 relics in over 100 runs. I might be a bit unlucky when in comes to rolling but this is just insane. It would probably be faster for me to level more chars to 55 and complete the one time then to go in the fp and hope for a lucky roll. It would be great if the dropchance of the relics could be increased maybe at least to one relic everytime the endboss is killed.

Any Chance?

Greetings

Seath

It's RNG.

If it was 100% chance to drop 1 relic I'd farm both Manaan and Korriban/Tython.

I'm confused. Are you saying because it's not 100% you don't bother running either?

The RNG from Tython/Korriban seems way more unfriendly than Manaan. I've had 3 Manaan Data drop in a single run, while I think I've seen a total of 2 relics drop in ~25runs combined of Tython/Korriban.

I am going to have to agree. The drop rate for Recovered Relics is rather abysmal. And even if one does drop, in a group of four you still only have a 1-of-4 chance of getting it. And given the drop rate is only about 15-20% off the final boss, you only have like a 1-in-20 chance of getting one per run. So get a full 25, you'd have to run something like 500 times. Say the average run time of these FP's was 30min, all total that's 250hrs. That's more than 10 days of doing nothing but Korriban/Tython runs.

I may be a bit wrong on the numbers, but not that far off. And I know they may want to make the decorations requiring these a bit harder to get, but it's damned near impossible without having whole groups dedicated to running it all the time and feeding you the relics. Given everyone wants the decorations now, that's not likely to happen. And the prices for the Relics on GTN tends to be extremely high because of the extremely poor drop rate and high demand.

I think these issues can be more easily fixed by having the relics drop off all three bosses in these Flashpoints with a 30% drop rate. This means that you have a probability of getting a relic each run, instead of having to run endlessly and only one person getting one or nobody getting one.

check the gtn..it's crowded with manaan research and recovered relics..:mad:

That depends on your server. I'm mainly on The Black Talon. I checked and there were only a scant few Recovered Relics, and they were obscenely overpriced. Manaan Research is a fairly decent drop off any boss and one always gets dropped at the end of the instance. So they're much easier to acquire.

Agreed that they are super hard to get, a bit harder than they should be.

These items are centerpieces so they should be very hard to obtain.

The KDY vendor housing item is not a centerpiece decoration and needs legend to purchase (although it costs 20 tokens instead of 25).

Agreed that they are super hard to get, a bit harder than they should be.

These items are centerpieces so they should be very hard to obtain.

The KDY vendor housing item is not a centerpiece decoration and needs legend to purchase (although it costs 20 tokens instead of 25).

I'll just point out that the KDY Kits seem to have a much higher drop rate, and more importantly, KDY can be done while leveling. Tython/Korriban can only be done at 55, and considering they're only Tactical FPs that drop essentially worthless gear, the Relics are the *only* reason to keep running them after you have completed the story quest. If you complete a run and don't get a Relic drop, you have just wasted your time. KDY on the other hand, is a viable way to level new characters, so even if you don't get a Kit drop, you still progress your character. I know the majority of the KDY Kits I have obtained have come from running it on sub-55 characters, since there is no reason to do it once you are 55 (unless you get it while queuing for the GF daily reward)

Yes, I agree here that the drop rates for the relics are terrible in Tython/Korriban. My guildmates and I have run these the last two weeks and only gained maybe 9, and that's with running them at least 4-5 times at night. I have run them even more without my guild and on all 10 of my toons, 4 of which hadn't started Tython/Korriban for the story.

We're simply trying to gain enough to get the Sith piece for 25 relics. Manaan drops the Research Data at least twice now, sometimes 3 I've seen, but Tython/Korriban seems to have a drop rate of 0.000001% anymore. We're getting extremely tired of running this, whether the "elites" around here say you can solo everything in this game, and not getting anything but a lousy 162 piece of crap gear we don't even need and an occasional EEE and/or pet.

The decoration drop is even MORE ridiculously never dropped. I've only seen one drop once in 35-40 runs on both sides. This is plain stupid. I understand they're wanting people to run old content now with everything new added. But this is plain ridiculous to the point of people getting extremely fed up and not wanting to run them anymore. Which seems to be the exact opposite of what they want.

Unfortunately, all this ranting about this will go on deaf ears (blind eyes). As it'll never get adjusted to at least make people 50% more happy to get something out of their time they take to run these two, now pretty much worthless only to advance the story, tacticals.

Hi All,

I've just run the numbers on getting the Recovered Relics and have probabilities for you all:

Assuming you want 25 Relics, you are in a group of 4, and the drop rate is 25 % on the final boss (it maybe less, i don't know). Here is the probability of you getting a completed set vs the number of runs as an equation:

Probability of Success =100*[1-{(15/16)^(the number of runs)}]

Number of Runs - Chance of Getting 25 Relics (%)

50 - 12.11

100 - 22.75

150 - 32.11

200 - 40.33

250 - 40.55

300 - 53.90

350 - 59.49

400 - 64.39

450 - 68.70

500 - 72.49

This means the majority of people will need 250-350 runs to get 25 relics. So you should get it in a years time at the rate of 1 and day :D. I could bring myself to do it if the credit reward wasn't SO low. They seriously need to up the credit drop!! At least i can make some money for my time.

Validation:

A common misconception is the assumption that if there is a 25% chance of winning a role, then you are guaranteed to win if you roll four times (25% x 4 = 100% right!). Wrong,!! If this had been correct it would be a certainty and I'm sure everyone realizes by now this is not the case. Each event must be treated separately so the chance of you winning a 25% game when played 4 times is actually (100 - (100 x (1 - 0.25)^4) = 68 %. Furthermore assuming a 25 % chance for each roll and a 25 % chance for each drop; this is not a 1/8 chance of winning but a 1/16 chance of winning. The 15/16 comes from the chance of not being successful.

Yes, drop rate is pretty darn stupid (don'te even want to talk about the decoration lol, soloed this countless number of times and only saw that silly statue once). After a fair bit of grinding on my own, I still have 7 more to go (though I did not prepare b4 GSH dropped I admit XD).

The purchasable decoration is really bad ***, so I guess there is some arguement that if u want it, u need to grind for it. But in a full group of four, needing some 300 runs optimally to get a full set is stupid insane (imo expected number should be even higher, I dont feel that its 25% drop chance).

But then again ... how many centrepiece decorations have you seen drop in an operation lately? I guess this tier of decos is meant to be rare, and in this particular case u do know u r progressing somewhere that u can track.

I actually just unsubscribed, sad but i think time to move on. I had hoped Strongholds would have brought more content but instead it only brought glitches, and four areas to just decorate (of which getting the decorations you want requires endless re-runs of the same fp). The random probability factor is just too much after I ran the numbers on other things.

Rewards would have been better on a reputation based system so then you could see your progress and how much you have to do. When I have to rely on pure chance and luck, then there becomes a lack of skill, and therefore no point in the game! Sorry to say, but I'm out of SWTOR!

OMG I need to find where I put my life before hand.

Seems this was just the thing that pushed you over the edge. Housing is a fun aside and all, but if you were at the point that it was going to make or break you staying with the game, it was probably time to step away for a bit anyway.

As to the relic rate drops, some things in MMOs are rare/costly, and that's part of the game. People wouldn't want certain items if they were easily had by everyone else. Keeping those things rare not only increases the satisfaction that comes from having those little pixelated things, but also keeps people running the content to try and get them. Some may get burned out, but if a player really wants them he or she will keep at it one way or another.

None of the new items are required, nor is unlocking and decorating strongholds, so players choosing to stress themselves out over the whole thing are doing so of their own free will. Sure, it would be nice if the drop rate were better, but honestly if the Tython/Korriban FPs weren't so utterly, painfully boring and bland, it wouldn't feel so much like a grind anyway.

but honestly if the Tython/Korriban FPs weren't so utterly, painfully boring and bland, it wouldn't feel so much like a grind anyway.

So what do you think is an easier fix? Adjusting the drop rates or making T&K less boring? Not really an open ended question, I'm actually curious what you think would be more realistic for BW.

So what do you think is an easier fix? Adjusting the drop rates or making T&K less boring? Not really an open ended question, I'm actually curious what you think would be more realistic for BW.

How about a true HM version of each, with higher drop rates?

Add some new mechanics, get rid of kolto stations, increase mob and boss damage.

It would be difficult to make any fp interesting after 200 runs. Part of the grind is finding the most efficient route but when you do that you're no longer 'playing' the game and it becomes work. Only in this case it seems to be work without pay (almost).

The problem is it stills need to be rare otherwise their would be a lack of achievement; but not so rare that getting it is wholly impractical or boring. The main problem is the need to have over 300 runs of just 2 flashpoints. My solution would be to have the 'recovered relic' available on all flashpoints. That way people wouldn't get bored of the same mission (you could even keep the same drop rate then, though I would prefer if that was increased also).

So for example on Kuat Drive Yards, you could keep the KDY drop but also give a chance to drop a recovered relic. (You could even limit the drop to certain flashpoints like tactical ones or HMs)

Another solution would be to make all items purchasable with a universal token drop and raise the cost on more desired items. Maybe you have to have a certain level of reputation on Voss, Section-X and Drive Yards too.

The main point is I like the game but I don't want to get stuck on one aspect of it. That's what makes it un-enjoyable. I also very much dislike games based solely on random probability and would prefer a reward based system. Make it available to Valour 100 or Legacy Rank 50 or something.

How about a true HM version of each, with higher drop rates?

Add some new mechanics, get rid of kolto stations, increase mob and boss damage.

That would easier for the players. It would be harder to adjust health, damage, (possible) enrage timers, new mechanics and changing the area than just changing 1 loot modifier. You're basically saying adjusting a bunch of modifiers in a flashpoint is easier than adjusting 1 >.<

My solution would be to have the 'recovered relic' available on all flashpoints. That way people wouldn't get bored of the same mission (you could even keep the same drop rate then, though I would prefer if that was increased also).

I was actually surprised than Manaan had another kind of drop instead of continuing the Recovered Relics. Ironically they even mention there is a sect of force-sensetive Selkath so relics wouldn't exactly be out of place in addition to the whole Revanite faction.

Edited by CloudzDeven

You're basically saying adjusting a bunch of modifiers in a flashpoint is easier than adjusting 1 >.<

I'm saying absolutely nothing of the sort.

I swear, some people read what they want to read, rather than what is on the page.

Edited by Khevar

Drop rate is terrible and it needs to be fixed. I'm soloing it for achi and I've seen it drop maybe once. At this rate it is faster to do questline on every single character you have, gear them and do it if you want that nice decoration.

Agree. I try to run these daily and haven't seen a single drop.

- Arcada